It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Launches Massive Campaign to Stop GMO Labeling

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

Hell yeah. They won't even serve GMO food in the corporate lunch rooms at Monsanto. WTH? Time to rally the troops, get those bastard CEO's and their families to have a nice little Round Up Ready GMO diet for the rest of their lives, and see if they change their minds about it. Hypocrites with only profits in mind and not the health of the people or nations. The most paranoid ATSers will also claim they are but a tool for massive world depopulation. Well F them, someone needs to hack their info and make it available to the public so petitioners can hound them at every turn. It is a despicable corporation and one that needs to be permanently dismantled and their owners, managers, CEO's, CFO's, etc all need to be banned from any further engagements with businesses of any sort.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I had to put my thoughts into a meme.

Hmmmmmmm?

edit on 7/9/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Those are great! Thx!

Speaking of pesticides, the agri version of dursban, made by Dow, that was banned for household use due to toxicity, yet is still sprayed like mad on crops!
Here is a thread about, that unfortunately garnered little attention

www.abovetopsecret.com... - Shocking Health Effects of Commonly Used Pesticide: Brain Problems, Sexual Deformities and Paralysis

You are right! The pharma owns these GM companies, and in turn, either feed you gm foods, or you get non-gm, sprayed with toxic chemicals that can cause a multitude of terrible deseases and deformities!!
then, you get sick, then you seek drugs to help you! And not only did you pay to be poisoned, you get to pay to try to combat the sickness, buying your drugs from the same entity that poisoned you in the first place!!
Really shows why they don't want you to know GM foods at your local store... Too many people will find out whats really going on, and how badly they've been lied to and decieved not just by Bio-Tech corps, but by the government who's getting the 'reach-around' by these GM/Chemical producers

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Exactly, they will provide the sickness and then sell you the cure.

I bet they are secretly making designer diseases that they will miraculously have a new cure all medicine for.

ETA:

I will read your other thread thx. I suggest you post those in the General Conspiracies forum first and let the mods move it if they decide to.

That way it will probably get more attention than in the medical forum.

I made a thread on Atrazine

Atrazine and Population Control

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Ha! Of course these evil bastards are going to shove their propaganda down our throats, I mean who is going to buy a product that has a sticker on it tht says "This food has been genetically altered by some scientists in a lab somewhere for reasons that we won't tell you but just trust us it's for your own good and will not be harmful in any way"

Yea...suck it Monsanto and your cronies, just be aware that nobody lives forever and there's a special place in the afterlife for evil scumbags who are a part of this corporation where you will forever be tortured by a thousand tiny chinchillas all with little hot needles which they will jab you repeatedly in your nethers until the end of time.

How's that for propaganda?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
GET OUT OF MY FOOD, GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!

I DON'T WANT YOU TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY FOOD!!!

GO AWAY MONSANTO!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO EAT PESTICIDES AND FOOD THAT HAS BEEN GENETICALLY TAMPERED!!!

THIS IS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE INFRINGING ON MY INALIENABLE HUMAN RIGHT TO THE SEARCH OF HAPPINESS!!!

IF YOU (MONSANTO) HAVE YOUR FOOD ON SHELVES IN A STORE, I WANT TO KNOW IT CAME FROM YOU, SO I CAN AVOID IT, AND NOT BUY IT.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Monsanto #ing disgust me. India managed to sue their tits off I'm sure with the suing culture you've got over there in the states you could pull something together. I know they are in bed with the government but you may actually be able to get something together.

I'm sure there are lawyers on ATS and enough people pissed about Monsanto and GM in general. Give it a go, get the ball rolling.

This is not going to happen! No one is going to do anything to stop them. This is why they do it. No one will get the ball rolling and typically the only people who end up picketing are the jobless because they have the time!!

Nope - the world is not the peoples' but a select few own it and we can and will do nothing about it! That is how it is, was and will be forever!

Sad really!
edit on 9/7/2012 by shearder because: grammar wanting

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The whole purpose is depopulation. It's no coincidence that GMO foods cause complete sterility within a few generations.

Now don't get me wrong for being a devil's advocate, but earth depopulation must happen. I just wish I could find out how to get on the elite side who aren't going to be part of the herd that's culled!

Either we find a way to depopulate the earth or we're all going to be dead in a few centuries. Look, the earth can only sustain about 500 million people. We have what now, 7 BILLION+ people? And expected to be up to 10 billion by 2020 (that's another 3 billion people, or 6x the number of people the earth can sustain in just 8 years from now added on to what we already have!) And it just keeps speeding up exponentially. Don't be surprised if by the year 2100 we are at a world population of 50 billion and are adding on 10 billion people to the population per year (not that I think the human race will make it to the year 2100.)

I guess that's the nature with reproduction. Two people have two kids. Those two kids each have two kids. Those four kids each have two kids. Those eight kids go on to have two kids each. On and on it goes. The difference between humans and other animals is they don't use up the earth's resources and the earth can sustain a much much higher amount of them than us.

Humans are an epidemic. We are using up earth's resources faster than the earth can replenish them. Eventually we will have none. Forget fossil fuels and food. We are talking about things like drinking water. When it's all gone, we will all die.

Again, call me a jerk but thank goodness most of the world is in poverty. Because if suddenly places like Africa became wealthy and started consuming the amount of resources that the first-world counties do, we'd be speeding up our demise by a considerable amount.

I guess this GMO thing is probably the must humane way of depopulating the earth. Think about it. Rather than a huge war or something that flat outright kills billions of people, instead they are just making it for people can't reproduce. So no one already living gets killed or anything. So I guess they feel that is the least evil way of doing it.

Look at the Georgia guidestones. Who put it there? Someone very very wealthy who is obviously part of the elite. Right on it, it's carved to say "KEEP EARTH POPULATION BELOW 500 MILLION."

edit on 9-7-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
It's no coincidence that GMO foods cause complete sterility within a few generations.

Interesting claim.
Do you have anything to back it up? (and no, blogs dont count)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by WP4YT
It's no coincidence that GMO foods cause complete sterility within a few generations.

Interesting claim.
Do you have anything to back it up? (and no, blogs dont count)

I am not sure if he means sterility in people or in the plant.

There is evidence for both though.

In plants GMO's have patented what's know as Terminator Technology. This means the plant will not produce viable seeds for the next generation.

In people it's done indirectly through the use of pesticides and herbicides like Atrazine and Round up that these GMO's crops get sprayed with and have been designed to resist.

Some crop have been found to have a build up of these chemical pesticides over time which in turn gets consumed by by the public. Either directly by eating the crops or again indirectly by eating animals raised on these crops.

Last we have large contamination of the drinking water supply and these chemicals are having to be filtered out more and more. The chemical companies are constantly trying to get the EPA to allow higher and higher amounts of these tgo be declared safe. So they can limit their expenses and liabilities.

You want more proof check the thread in my signature.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
I am not sure if he means sterility in people or in the plant.

He absolutely meant sterility in people. The posting he made was all about human depopulation.

In people it's done indirectly through the use of pesticides and herbicides like Atrazine and Round up that these GMO's crops get sprayed with and have been designed to resist.

Both Atrazine and Roundup have been used for more than 2 generations.
Furthermore, despite adverse health effects coming from contamination, the "complete sterility" claim is still not shown.

As always, I'm not coming out in favour of big pharma.
I'm just pointing out that that what they've done should be enough to stand on its own merit as a case against them, and making up false bogus bull# lies should not be needed.

But on ATS, it seems that lies are allowed to be told, if they're about somebody we all hate.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well, most of the studies about sterility have been conducted on lab animals.

I can't speak for him and I agree with you that his claims may be exaggerated.

But they are not "made up, bogus, BS, lies".

There is truth and fact behind what he has said.

His exaggeration does not change the fact that in lab animals GMO food has produced sterility by the third generation.

This has not been proven to be the case in humans. But it is cause for concern.

You certainly come across like you're defending the GMO companies IMO.

Source

After feeding hamsters for two years over three generations, those on the GM diet, and especially the group on the maximum GM soy diet, showed devastating results. By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies. They also suffered slower growth, and a high mortality rate among the pups.

And if this isn't shocking enough, some in the third generation even had hair growing inside their mouths--a phenomenon rarely seen, but apparently more prevalent among hamsters eating GM soy.

The study, jointly conducted by Surov's Institute of Ecology and Evolution of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the National Association for Gene Security, is expected to be published in three months (July 2010)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Furthermore, despite adverse health effects coming from contamination, the "complete sterility" claim is still not shown.

No only impaired sterility and that's much better right...right?

Stop Mosanto and other gmo producers, stop big pharma, stop big oil,
stop messing with our evolution weak pathetic excuse for, pfff, elite.

Elite my a$$.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Monsanto may have the power to influence polititions in their favor in dropping the labeling of their product on food cans, thus leaving any information on the cans on grocery shelves off of the product, BUT WE CAN fight back with all the remaining food producers by allowing them to expressly label "GMO FREE" on their cans or packaging.

Something Monsanto could not or would not do of course. It's catching the RAT either way.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

You certainly come across like you're defending the GMO companies IMO.

In this case, I am, yes.
I'd also defend Hitler is somebody claimed he always kicked at least 4 puppies a day before breakfast, or Stalin if somebody claimed he strangled one kitten a day with his bare hands before eating a baby for dinner.
I'd also defend George Bush if somebody claimed he personally drowned all of his children, and I will also defend Monsanto if somebody makes up lies about them, as I would also defend Wall Street bankers if somebody claimed they were in league with aliens from zeta reticuli in efforts to asassinate OWS protesters using mind power alone.

Each of the mentioned above has done enough that the *real* things they have done should be enough to stand alone as the argument against them, without exaggeration or lies.
Lies should be shown the spotlight.
Its called "denying ignorance".

His exaggeration does not change the fact that in lab animals GMO food has produced sterility by the third generation.

A bit of googling on this Hamster story at least shows me where the "complete sterility" claim mentioned earlier has come from. People on various websites have taken the reduced litter size from the one (ununreplicated) study of Surov, and are exaggerating the results to now be...

They found that hamsters went completely sterile in three generations after eating Monsanto soybeans.

And yet, not even Surov himself is claiming that it was GMO that caused the reduced litter size.
Apparently bloggers and forum posters know better than the man who actually did the study.

Russian biologist Alexey V. Surov explains that Monsanto soybeans typically have larger amounts of herbicide residue than non-GMO soybeans.
He says that researchers can’t be sure if the roundup is rendering the hamsters sterile or other side effects of the GMO soybeans.

Personally, I'm not seeing any of these "complete sterility" effects among humans yet.
6.9 billion and counting...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

We can play the same game with Monsanto. If everyone would print these out onto stickers and the next time you go to a conventional grocery store start labeling products. Just realize anything there unless its organic is most likely GMO! Soy, Corn, Tomatos, Dairy (grain fed cows), potatoes, peas, and now alfalfa. Print these labels out and help with the labeling of GMO's ! OH NO IS IT GMO

PS... Dont Get Caught!

edit on 9-7-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

In this case, I am, yes.
I'd also defend Hitler is somebody claimed he always kicked at least 4 puppies a day before breakfast, or Stalin if somebody claimed he strangled one kitten a day with his bare hands before eating a baby for dinner.

I'd also defend George Bush if somebody claimed he personally drowned all of his children, and I will also defend Monsanto if somebody makes up lies about them, as I would also defend Wall Street bankers if somebody claimed they were in league with aliens from zeta reticuli in efforts to asassinate OWS protesters using mind power alone.

Well in your proud rant about defending truth and your search for fair unbiased reporting. Do you ever defend the little guy who is being poisoned by these companies you've decided to defend?

Are you being paid by Monsanto to defend them? Because they already have a whole team of lawyers, they pay big bucks, to defend themselves.

If you are just playing devils advocate and don't really like Monsanto. Why haven't you made a thread or posted your views on the negative things Monsanto does?

That way you aren't having to defend an evil company who lies, cheats and steals. A company who poisons and murders people and robs farmers of their lively hood.

Or you could just stay lurking in the shadows and posting BS about how you want to uphold truth and justice while you defend these monsters. Your choice I guess.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Do you ever ...
Are you ...
If you are
Why haven't you ...
That way you ...
Or you could ...

Or I could just say that this thread isnt about me.
So stop focusing on me, and remain focussed on the topic, as per the terms and conditions of this site.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You
ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Those are questions I asked you. A question is not an attack.

Obviously I no longer need an answer from you. I just got all the answers I needed.

Have a nice day

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It is not just strictly about Hamsters.. Reading OP it talks about Rats, and a quick google on that will reveal a multitude of information regarding the sterility, deformities, illnesses and deaths caused by feeding GM foods to these animals... for example:
GM Soya Fed Rats: Stunted, Dead, or Sterile

Female rats fed genetically modified (GM) soya produced excessive numbers of severely
stunted pups with over half of the litter dying within three weeks, and the surviving pups are
sterile.

Genetically Modified Foods: Toxins and Reproductive Failures

The very first crop submitted to the FDA's voluntary consultation process, the FlavrSavr tomato, showed evidence of toxins. Out of 20 female rats fed the GM tomato, 7 developed stomach lesions.[4] The director of FDA's Office of Special Research Skills wrote that the tomatoes did not demonstrate a "reasonable certainty of no harm,"[5] which is their normal standard of safety. The Additives Evaluation Branch agreed that "unresolved questions still remain."[6] The political appointees, however, did not require that the tomato be withdrawn.

• GM diets cause liver damage

The state of the liver – a main detoxifier for the body – is another indicator of toxins.
    •Rats fed the GNA lectin potatoes described above had smaller and partially atrophied livers.[11]
    •Rats fed Monsanto's Mon 863 corn, engineered to produce Bt-toxin, had liver lesions and other indications of toxicity.[12]
    •Rabbits fed GM soy showed altered enzyme production in their livers as well as higher metabolic activity.[13]
    •The livers of rats fed Roundup Ready canola were 12%–16% heavier, possibly due to liver disease or inflammation.[14]
    •And microscopic analysis of the livers of mice fed Roundup Ready soybeans revealed altered gene expression and structural and functional changes.[15] Many of these changes reversed after the mice diet was switched to non-GM soy, indicating that GM soy was the culprit. The findings, according to molecular geneticist Michael Antoniou, PhD, "are not random and must reflect some 'insult' on the liver by the GM soy." Antoniou, who does human gene therapy research in King's College London, said that although the long-term consequences of the GM soy diet are not known, it "could lead to liver damage and consequently general toxemia."[16]

Reproductive failures and infant mortality

In both mice and rats fed Roundup Ready soybeans, their testicles showed dramatic changes. In rats, the organs were dark blue instead of pink (see photo).[23] In mice, young sperm cells were altered.[24] Embryos of GM soy-fed mice also showed temporary changes in their DNA function, compared to those whose parents were fed non-GM soy.[25]

More dramatic results were discovered by a leading scientist at the Russian National Academy of sciences. Female rats were fed GM soy, starting two weeks before they were mated.

• Over a series of three experiments, 51.6 percent of the offspring from the GM-fed group died within the first three weeks, compared to 10 percent from the non-GM soy group, and 8.1 percent for non-soy controls. • "High pup mortality was characteristic of every litter from mothers fed the GM soy flour."[26] • The average size and weight of the GM-fed offspring was quite a bit smaller.[27] • In a preliminary study, the GM-fed offspring were unable to conceive.[28]

PS.. this doesn't just happen in rats, mice and hamsters,
    From the same article,

Farmers report livestock sterility and deaths

About two dozen farmers reported that thousands of their pigs had reproductive problems when fed certain varieties of Bt corn. Pigs were sterile, had false pregnancies, or gave birth to bags of water. Some cows and bulls also became sterile. Bt corn was also implicated by farmers in the deaths of cows, horses, water buffaloes, and chickens. [30]

When Indian shepherds let their sheep graze continuously on Bt cotton plants, within 5-7 days, one out of four sheep died. There was an estimated 10,000 sheep deaths in the region in 2006, with more reported in 2007. Post mortems on the sheep showed severe irritation and black patches in both intestines and liver (as well as enlarged bile ducts). Investigators said preliminary evidence "strongly suggests that the sheep mortality was due to a toxin. . . . most probably Bt-toxin."[31]

So, it stands to reason that there is concern over the potential sterility in Humans.. And NO, it has not been proven in humans yet, however it has in other animals, SO, there is concern that it may happen to us too!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join