It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Launches Massive Campaign to Stop GMO Labeling

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ok, some of you may know that I am COMPLETELY against Monsanto and other BIO-tch companies. They are in bed with governments, get away with non-testing of their products, allow people to freely eat their products without proper labelling, etc etc etc

GRR Monsanto especially!
This is just from a couple days ago,
The 'Monsanto Rider': Are Biotech Companies About to Gain Immunity from Federal Law?, where Bio-tech companies are potentially going to be allowed a rider, to ask for a permit from the secretary of Agriculture to allow them to grow crops, WITHOUT testing, regardless if a federal court has halted the growing while a Environmental Impact Statement is in process. Basically, they are going to be allowed to bypass the system of checks and balances and grow whatever they want, regardless of the lack of scientific testing on the population!!!
And now this, check this out,

Via BlacklistedNews.com
From Natural Society

We’ve gone on at great lengths discussing the dangers of genetic modification. Monsanto’s GMO corn has been linked to weight gain and organ function disruption, while GMO crops and pesticides destroy our farmland and environment. According to the Alliance of Natural Health, the grandchildren of rats fed GMO corn were born sterile. GMO is just one of those things to avoid, but with our own government in bed with Monsanto, it’s not easily done. Monsanto has recently launched a proverbial war against the open labeling of genetically modified foods, and only through activism and awareness can it be overcome

The People Versus GMO
In February of this year, Vermont contemplated the Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act. The proposed bill prohibits GMO food producers from using keywords like “natural,” “naturally made,” “naturally grown,” and “all natural” to describe GMO ingredients and products. In the same month, the National Conference of State Legislatures reported that nearly 20 states were considering similar programs. Public surveys and studies also show a whopping 90 percent of the U.S. in favor of such practices.

So, not only could it cause sterility, which is unknown in humans so far, as we are being used as an experiment
BUT also, 90% of the U.S. wants this labelling to happen!
Vermont put forward an initiative earlier this year to allow states to choose if the can impose labelling of GM foods, however it was shot down in the senate, including by Mr. Rand Paul..
ATS-Rand Paul votes NO to labelling GMO foods!! How did your Senator vote?!?!,

And here is website that the article is talking about.. funded by the council for Biotechnology information
(US Version - www.whybiotech.com... Canadian Version - www.whybiotech.ca...)

Stop the Costly Food Labelling Proposition.com

It is in regards to stopping Californias November 2012 proposition that would force GM foods to be labelled on products..
And what, pray tell, are the Bio-Tech companies telling you WHY you shouldn't vote for the labelling proposition?

It’s extreme. In recent decades, modern genetic engineering (GE) techniques have been used to develop improved varieties of corn, soybeans, fruits and other foods that grow faster, are more resistant to pests, bacteria, viruses and other pathogens, and have enhanced nutritional and health benefits

Oh right.. the labelling initiative is extreme!?
How about BT toxins from GMO corn found in fetuses? Not extreme enough?
www.gmfreecymru.org... - BT toxins found in human blood
www.dailymail.co.uk... - GM food toxins found in the blood of 93% of unborn babies

It would hurt California family farmers, food companies and grocers. The proposition would force California family farmers, food producers and grocers to implement recordkeeping and labeling mandates that no other state or country requires

Well, I don't agree with this statement... Yea there will be more record keeping and such, BUT when it comes to the health of the population, I think doing a little extra work is not just WORTH it, It should be MANDATORY! People have the right to know what they are eating!!! And yea, guaranteed a product with a GM label will sell less when it is labelled, and if thats the case, then the GM industry must get better scientific data, reduce potential toxins in our blood etc. Also, the Farmers will hafta to make a choice and i bet a ton of them will sway away fromo the bio-tech stuff, because a majority of their customers will not want it! AND, maybe the farmers should force monsanto and others to spring for some of the costs of record keeping?

It would increase food costs paid by California consumers. The higher costs that farmers, food companies and grocers would face because of this proposition would be passed on to California consumers through higher food prices

Yup, most likely, which is unfortunate.... However, you would still have the choice to by GM foods, and if you don't like it, move to a state that doesn;t care about you having you own choice about what is in your foods!

It makes no sense. The proposition’s labeling requirements would apply to thousands of common food products sold at farm stands, grocery stores and other retail outlets. But it exempts those same foods when they are sold “for immediate consumption,” as in a restaurant. It would require GE labels on fruit juice, but exempts all alcoholic beverages

Um, NO! What makes no sense if Bio-tech not wanting US TO KNOW!

It provides no health and safety benefits. The ballot measure is all cost and no benefit. The California Legislative Analyst’s Office has concluded that it would cost our state government millions of dollars to try to enforce the measure’s regulations

Well, thats total BS.. How can they say it will provide no health and safety benefits?! GMO foods are potentially unsafe and for the most part, UNTESTED! This is more crap from the lobbyists trying that are scared this is going to go through.. they don't want you to know whats in your foods people!!

It would be a bonanza for trial lawyers, by authorizing “bounty hunter” lawsuits against family farmers, food companies, grocers and retailers. This proposition was written by trial lawyers with a history of filing costly lawsuits against California businesses

haha.. OH. Monsanto.. basically you're saying you don't want to get sued?!! Of course not, it would expose you and other Bio-techs for what you really are! Slimy, sneaky, in-bed with governments... UGH!

THE BOTTOM LINE: THE PROPOSED FOOD LABELING INITIATIVE IS EXTREME, COSTLY AND MAKES NO SENSE

NO NO NO!

What makes NO SENSE is you not allowing people the FREEDOM of choice! Isn't that what America was founded on? FREEDOM! The RIGHT TO CHOOSE!

See next post for all the related Monsanto ATS Threads,

Thoughts?!
edit on 7/8/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's all crazy, we need to do something to stop this... You have 300m or so Americans with just as much weapons, where the # are the people at? Like honestly, if there's a HUGE problem and there is, go and solve it. It's your land now but it's being #ed up by GM crops/poisons. Unless you save seeds yourself all your good health will rapidly decline by taking the foods those mother#ers produce which would be in EVERY processed food. AND even if you do save seeds, the crops they create infect ones that aren't. I just can't believe how many people allow this to go on... DO SOMETHING RIGHT NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. Maybe they enjoy dying faster or becoming sterile? WHO THE # KNOWS?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

It's infuriating the power Monsanto has and our inability to stop them. They have their poisonous tentacles in just about every food source you can imagine. It's like NOTHING is safe to eat anymore. I feel like saying, I remember a time when food was.....food.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Mon#an are a big part of the plan IMO.

Grow and eat your own veg/animals to stop them.
Become organic.

For millennia we have done that-do not let the darkness which is monsatan take that from us.

DEMAND GMO labeling at every shop you visit,or stop buying.

Consumer knowledge is the key here-tell your friends.
Do not let the "banned words" win.
Fight.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have never read anything positive about Monsanto. Not their products and not their methods. I think these people must be real psychopaths, totally without conscience, to push this poison on the world.

We need to get organized and put this company out of business.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I can't believe there aren't a thousand flags and stars. This is huge and people should be reacting. Is everyone here on this forum a fake??? What happened to getting united? Maybe I am just confused. Better to be concerned about chem trails or 2012 EOD? This is here, real, now! This is exactly why in the long run the people will lose. Disgusted doesn't even begin to describe what is happening. If trolling, flaming whatever would get a reaction then I am all for it. God people, get your blood a' boiling about this. GET YOUR FREAK ON. I am so disappointed in the reaction I DON'T see here. Fu#kin unbelievable.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Monsanto #ing disgust me. India managed to sue their tits off I'm sure with the suing culture you've got over there in the states you could pull something together. I know they are in bed with the government but you may actually be able to get something together.

I'm sure there are lawyers on ATS and enough people pissed about Monsanto and GM in general. Give it a go, get the ball rolling.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

If Monsanto seeds are soooooooo freakin good for us, why are there NO GMO seeds being stored in the governments Doomsday Seed Vaults???? So to all of those who don't find anything wrong with GMO's how does that grab ya?

EXCEPT!!!! THIS ONE!! This seed vault is located at Svalbard near the North Pole! Low and behold, nothing but the terminator seeds will be stored here.....hmmmm, considered it is being financed by the list below, would it be too far out to think that for those who do survive, that you will have to buy seeds every year from your Feudalistic masters to plant crops and survive?

BIll and Melinda Gates Foundation
Rockefellers
Monsanto
Syngenta(Monsanto Junior)
Dupont
Dow Chem.
Warren Buffet

Svalbard Seed Vault

I feel like I am losing my mind! These people are mad scientists, and we are the freakin lab rats!

Rant Over/ Now I will go and sit in my time out corner for awhile!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Nspekta

If Monsanto seeds are soooooooo freakin good for us, why are there NO GMO seeds being stored in the governments Doomsday Seed Vaults???? So to all of those who don't find anything wrong with GMO's how does that grab ya?

EXCEPT!!!! THIS ONE!! This seed vault is located at Svalbard near the North Pole! Low and behold, nothing but the terminator seeds will be stored here.....hmmmm, considered it is being financed by the list below, would it be too far out to think that for those who do survive, that you will have to buy seeds every year from your Feudalistic masters to plant crops and survive?

Rockefellers
Monsanto
Dupont
Dow Chem.
Warren Buffet

Svalbard Seed Vault

I feel like I am losing my mind! These people are mad scientists, and we are the freakin lab rats!

They aren't being stored because they aren't good seeds. That's why farmers are storing heirloom seeds.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Nspekta

Rockefellers
Monsanto
Dupont
Dow Chem.
Warren Buffet

Svalbard Seed Vault

Exactly!!! AND, here is proof that GM scares the # out of even those who produce the products!

GM Foods NOT Served in Monsanto Cafeteria

They won't even serve it to their OWN EMPLOYEES! There ya go... OH WAIT, its safe for everyone else to eat right????

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Exactly!!! AND, here is proof that GM scares the # out of even those who produce the products!

They won't even serve it to their OWN EMPLOYEES! There ya go... OH WAIT, its safe for everyone else to eat right????

There ya go!!!

I just want to thank you my friend for being on top of this and putting up some great posts for those of us in the know and those of us learning!

Appreciate your research and posting!!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

They aren't being stored because they aren't good seeds. That's why farmers are storing heirloom seeds.

You may have misunderstood my post, or perhaps I do not understand your comment. I was posting to the fact that as to my knowledge, most of the seed vaults do NOT have any GMO seeds in them, except for the one I provided the link for, which is funded by the so called eugenics folks.

I could very well be wrong, and if I am I would hope someone would tell me so that I do not put out false information! I try to look up as much as I can, but sometimes things evade my search.......

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Nspekta

There ya go!!!

I just want to thank you my friend for being on top of this and putting up some great posts for those of us in the know and those of us learning!

Appreciate your research and posting!!

No problem! I just want to get this out for people to see the hypocracy of monsanto and other bio-techs... And what people are putting into their bodies! I appreciate the props! Thx! My hope is to wake people up to the fact that they are trying to hide gm foods from people! Some will say gm's are good ok, and that's fine, their opinion, BUT I think we can all agree that we deserve the freedom of choice!!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Yeah is been going for a long time but is something different now the organic farmers of America have also plenty of money to fight back.

Still they do not want people to know what food items are poisoning them without their permission, so typical in a our corporate dictatorship.

If the win then next is to tax anybody that doesn't eat GMOs

Thankfully educating yourself on what is GMOs and how they are present in about anything that is manufactured is the best way to fight back boycotting the food items.

It will also help many lose some unwanted weight.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Gridrebel

You may have misunderstood my post, or perhaps I do not understand your comment. I was posting to the fact that as to my knowledge, most of the seed vaults do NOT have any GMO seeds in them, except for the one I provided the link for, which is funded by the so called eugenics folks.

I could very well be wrong, and if I am I would hope someone would tell me so that I do not put out false information! I try to look up as much as I can, but sometimes things evade my search.......

Which is my point. You are not off on your point. I don't believe GMO seeds are being saved but I don't know for a fact. Heirloom seeds......Some farmers save them. NOT GMO. Everyone should save heirloom seeds.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Great post OP

S&F

One problem I have is that Monsanto is not the only company and these other guys are not getting any heat.

Monsanto's business practices certainly make them one of the worst offenders. But I think it's important to know that these GMO companies team up together when it comes to lobbying. They may be competing for shares of the same market. But they all want that market to grow and stay profitable.

Monsanto is actually owned by Pfizer. So by attacking just Monsanto you only going to cut off the tail of this beast. Which will just grow right back. We need to attack the head and the heart of this monster instead of just poking it from behind.

Monsanto - Pfizer

Syngenta

Dow Agro Sciences

Aventis - Bayer CropSciences

Pioneer Highbred - Dupont

These are the biggest GMO companies. All of these companies are tied to big pharmaceutical corporations. Attacking Monsanto alone will never get the job done. Monsanto has become the evil poster child, and granted they deserve to be labeled as evil, but don't ignore the bigger problem. If Monsanto goes out of business there will be two more who takes it's place.

Bayer sold HIV tainted medicines

Syngenta makes Atrazine

Monsanto and Dow Chemical together are the companies that made Agent Orange

Dupont makes thousands of harmful chemicals

edit on 7/8/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I can't count the number of Monsanto related threads I've posted on, but I swear it's like every new article is worse than the last. The people orchestrating this takeover of global agriculture truly are a-moral monsters.

Of many things, GMOs have been shown to cause infertility a couple generations down the line, as well as a significant increase in spontaneous abortions.... yet these corporate-serving dogs & their abhorrent masters think they can deny people the right to know what's in their food. REALLY?? They could load every food product with soft-kill neurotoxins & people in government would comply gladly. Just take a look at Rand Paul and his recent conversion to the dark side.

We need to rally, hold every one of these disgusting elites & corrupted law-makers accountable for their actions. Then the system needs to be completely revised from scratch to prevent such anti-human actions from occurring in such a blatant manner, ever again.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Yes is very sad but remember educating others is what makes awareness, some people have not clue what GMOs are all about and the damages that they do to human that consumes them.

If everybody that knows about GMOs will tell others and those tells more the boycott of their crap will put them out of business, after all it is because people are denied the rights to know what is in the food the reason the monsters are thriving, a littler label will just open the eyes of the consumer in ways you can not imagine, that is why the monsters are fighting with every penny their dirty money can buy whore politicians in Washington.

For the rest of us that do our homework we can spot the crap in the stores one mile away.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
They won't even serve it to their OWN EMPLOYEES!

As I've mentioned on ATS a number of times now, the hatred of Monsanto should stand on its own merits, and that of the actions of the company.
Hatred of Monsanto should not be based on urban legends and lies.
They've done enough already, making up falsehoods about Monsanto shouldnt be needed.

The real story, from 1999, was that in one Monsanto site, the outsourced catering company at that time, Sutcliffe Catering, put in a GMO-free policy.
It wasnt Monsanto that did it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join