It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel will go ahead alone against Iran if it shows Obama will win.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is what I've been thinking recently, even before this article. Romney opening supports stopping Iran immediately, and lots of Americans and people around the world take this stance too.

Israel will attack Iran if they think President Barack Obama will win again in November, syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer predicted Friday.

“If they think Obama will win the election, I think it‘s likely they will attack before because afterwards there’s no telling how Obama would punish Israel, and Israel would be vulnerable to any sanctions or other measures from the United States,” Krauthammer said Friday on Fox News.

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Edit Because: I'm an idiot and clearly misread something there Sorry

edit on 7/8/2012 by SUICIDEHK45 because: Im stupid

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

“If they think Obama will win the election, I think it‘s likely they will attack before because afterwards there’s no telling how Obama would punish Israel, and Israel would be vulnerable to any sanctions or other measures from the United States,” Krauthammer said Friday on Fox News."

I see no logic here. If Obama is reelected he could still sanction them. There would be logic if it said, "If Romney appeared to be winning...." Just more blather from the talking heads.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It's just politics to gin up support for Romney. It is not meant to make sense. It never is. It's meant to stir up emotions and scare people who don't make thinking for themselves, a practice.

Israel. War. Iran. Obama (Boooogity Boooo Booooo Booogity Boooo) Better vote for Romney or else.

Consider the OP's source.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Edit Because: I'm an idiot and clearly misread something there Sorry

edit on 7/8/2012 by SUICIDEHK45 because: Im stupid

Just because 6.9 billion said you were an idiot doesn't make it so.

Good news:
Rarely can a human admit a fault thus you get starred with the Honorable Sirius Star Seed Award whether you were right or wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Romney will be visiting Israel this summer. thehill.com...

The Republican presidential hopeful, who has a decades-old friendship with Netanyahu dating back to their time working at a consulting group together early in their careers, hopes the trip can shore up support with Jewish voters ahead of November's election.

So it appears to be a political move, however. Netanyahu and Romney are closer than Obama and Netanyahu ever was. Obama has done a pretty good job ticking off our allies and making friends with the wrong people.

The Romney team sees Israeli relations as a potential weakness for President Obama, who has not visited the country since his election

I mean just look at how his talk with Putin ended:

It's a Win-Win for Israel. If Obama wins in November they will attack Iran. If Romney wins in Nov, they will attack Iran. However, with a Romney Presidency they may be able to avoid a full blow WWIII. Obama will further alienate Israel and drive all of our other friends away leaving us the odd man out an that is NEVER good in times of war. It leaves us vulnerable! With a Romney win in November Netanyahu will have the full support of the US government at his disposal. Not sure, how that would play out under an Obama administration.

If Obama has to lead us in war, I fear for this country and its chances of winning said war.
edit on 8-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I applaud you for being so willing to openly embrace Romney on this forum. It takes guts to be that honest.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeah, it seems that Israel is dead set on attacking Iran regardless of who wins the election. That's why the US should just stay out of it. It's not our concern, it doesn't affect us, and Israel certainly doesn't need our help.

They're God's chosen people, after all. God can look out for them far better than we can.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I cringe at the thought of Obama leading us in a world war. In fact, I cringe at the thought of any democrat leading us in a world war.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Israel going alone ? LOL

its like a small bully who would go punch someone in the back
and then when the victim return they run away like cowards and let the its bodyguard
have the retaliation and defend the bully at all cost even risking to be wounded

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
I cringe at the thought of Obama leading us in a world war. In fact, I cringe at the thought of any democrat leading us in a world war.

Excuse me but who is leading whom into a world war? And why is it necessary for the US to back the Zionist regime that is the Knesset? Take this coming from a Romney supporter. Let the madmen in the Knesset roll their dice and stay out of it. If they want to bully the region and commit suicide none of our business.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I didn't say into, I said in. We all know Obama is the only one holding Israel back from attacking Iran.

It looks like Israel will use the US elections as a distraction. If Mitt Romney wins, they have nothing to worry about, but if Obama wins?!?!?! I am not so sure he can handle himself in an actual war. His little drone skirmishes were easy sitting behind a computer monitor. Even going after Osama Bin Laden was a piece of cake sitting in the White House.

The man hates war, and I would hate to see him actually command troops that which is so against whatever morality Obama has left. Everything Obama does is a political move. In times of war, it's hardly ever political, unless you are drawing up a peace treaty or are surrendering.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
It's not our concern, it doesn't affect us, and Israel certainly doesn't need our help.

Depends on what pool they are going to pee in. Iran? Not as easy as it looks on paper. Turkey, like a few months back? They wouldn't win that one.

They're God's chosen people, after all. God can look out for them far better than we can.

Says who? The invisible man in the sky?

edit on 8-7-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

So you prefer a guy who hid out in France while his country was at war and his countrymen were dying.

Get lost bro.

As for Israel, GO FOR IT. Nobody is concerned about what you do, other than the crazy christians. You are not our allies. The UK and Canada, countries who have put their service members lives on the line for us are our allies. You are just leaches whom will hear the cheers from your "ally" when your inevitable destruction occurs.
edit on 8-7-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I agree.
Israel and its leaders and people should take personal responsibility and deal with it themselves and not drag others in to fight their wars, loosing others lives and wealth.

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
Yeah, it seems that Israel is dead set on attacking Iran regardless of who wins the election. That's why the US should just stay out of it. It's not our concern, it doesn't affect us, and Israel certainly doesn't need our help.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The man hates war, and I would hate to see him actually command troops that which is so against whatever morality Obama has left.

Codswallop. He's been doing for another 3.5 years after Bush. Good little puppet isn't he?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

More like pulling troops out of destabilizing places.

Put Bush's War record up against Obama's any day, and Bush wins hands down, that is...If Obama even acknowledges that he actually has a "war" record.

I'm sorry, I just can't see Obama handling 9/11 as well as Bush did.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Your Joking right?
We have been involved in more wars with Obama under the helm than Bush!!

I didn't say into, I said in. We all know Obama is the only one holding Israel back from attacking Iran.

The man hates war, and I would hate to see him actually command troops that which is so against whatever morality Obama has left. Everything Obama does is a political move. In times of war, it's hardly ever political, unless you are drawing up a peace treaty or are surrendering.

edit on 8-7-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

“If they think Obama will win the election, I think it‘s likely they will attack before because afterwards there’s no telling how Obama would punish Israel, and Israel would be vulnerable to any sanctions or other measures from the United States,” Krauthammer said Friday on Fox News."

I see no logic here. If Obama is reelected he could still sanction them. There would be logic if it said, "If Romney appeared to be winning...." Just more blather from the talking heads.

Monetary sanctions man. Theyre afraid if they do it and Obama wins, daddy Warbucks will stop giving them free money for the forseeable future. We've already given them their $3 billion allowance this year, theyre worried about other donations. Not to mention as our ally anything they do will automatically drag us into it because that's what allies are for.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

They are wars that have little consequence to the US. More like skirmishes, in fact, I think the Administration used that word a time or two because they do not like the word war or terrorists for that matter.

The Israel/Iran war will be huge (economically and oil) and will most definitely escalate into WWIII. If that happens, I DO not want Obama in charge during that period!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join