It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductees Are A Fraud

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Okay so I will entertain the thought of being "designed" by them and you can't understand why they would abduct and do tests on us. Even if we were not "designed" by them there would still be reason for abductions and tests. Remember what happened to the Native American Indians when the "White man" came over? 3/4ths of the population was wiped out by disease. Science tells us that bacteria and viruses mutate and change very rapidly. Wouldn't an advanced race wish to be sure that they would not be effected by some type of Earthbound virus? This could explain why they are not walking among us in the open as well.

Would you just show up on another planet and expose yourself to all its diseases without taking the time to find out what the immune systems of the life on that planet might tell you about surviving the foreign viruses and bacteria?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Oh, and that thing still acts up. Sometimes the area gets hot and sort of vibrates, but not in a way that it can be felt. It's like a magnetic vibration.

Uh...It vibrates in a way that can't be felt, and you're aware of this because you feel the vibration?

You can see why these claims don't get taken seriously by most people. If you could actually feel magnetic fields, well, you would be almost constantly uncomfortable.

Be easy.
edit on 7/8/12 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. Rationally, the only conclusion one can make based off the evidence or lack thereof is that the vast majority (99%) of these cases can be explained by either hoaxes or psychological aberrations, and the remaining 1% by some physiological phenomenon that is not yet known or understood by scientists and doctors. I don't fault abductees because I doubt the majority of them are hoaxing their experiences, but to jump to aliens abducting them rather than a more plausible explanation is quite the leap in logic.

The fact there are absolutely no physical evidence that can be examined in a laboratory to determine whether such evidence originates on Earth or not should be more than enough to conclude that there really isn't anything to abductions.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

You make so many assumptions! You must be really, really smart. Or something.

Obviously I can feel them. That needed to be specified separately? Really? Can I spell anything else out for you? *Obviously* I can feel it but it cannot be independently verified by anyone living outside of my humble body. Clear now?

Do not be a twat.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

The mistake you have made here, is the one many people make,
and that is thinking you know how ET thinks. No human knows why
an advanced race would do this and do that. You are thinking human
terms, and thats sonething we cant and should not do.

As for abductions, while there are some interesting cases
out there, thereis nothing concrete, but that does not mean
you should dicard it, just because you think with human logic.

Yes, nothing wrong with being skeptical, but its a bit ignorant
and arragont to think you know how ET would think.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

How much truth occurs in a laboratory? Is the truth confined to labs somehow?

Please also check the forum description here. Your comments are incompatible with the purpose here. Bear that in mind.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. Rationally, the only conclusion one can make based off the evidence or lack thereof is that the vast majority (99%) of these cases can be explained by either hoaxes or psychological aberrations, and the remaining 1% by some physiological phenomenon that is not yet known or understood by scientists and doctors. I don't fault abductees because I doubt the majority of them are hoaxing their experiences, but to jump to aliens abducting them rather than a more plausible explanation is quite the leap in logic.

The fact there are absolutely no physical evidence that can be examined in a laboratory to determine whether such evidence originates on Earth or not should be more than enough to conclude that there really isn't anything to abductions.

it's true there is little physical evidence but is physical solid reality all that matters? Dr John Mack studied many abductees or 'experiencers' after having screened for mental illness and suggestability etc. He thought that something important was happening even if the events didn't fit within our Western, 'nuts and bolts' reality.

i wonder if the people that dismiss abductees have actually read any of the decent research that's been done or if they just rely on the various cliched abduction stories that get repeated everywhere.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

So...can you feel the magnetic field generated by your computer? What about the electromagnetic radiation from wifi, cellular phones, radio towers, etc, that permeates nearly every inch of our existence?

Just bringing a healthy dose of logic and rationality into the discussion, no need to become offended. It's non-sequitur to claim that you can feel something that is imperceptible, but only when it's from one source and not another. At any rate, I don't doubt that you perceive something vibrating, it just isn't what you think it is.

Be easy.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

How much truth occurs in a laboratory? Is the truth confined to labs somehow?

Basically. If an extraordinary claim has no physical evidence to verify it, only the gullible and easily convinced would believe such tales of people being kidnapped by aliens in their magnificent ships that defy the known laws of physics.

Originally posted by CosmicEggPlease also check the forum description here. Your comments are incompatible with the purpose here. Bear that in mind.

The purpose being discussing fantasies and ideas that have no basis in reality? Last time I checked, skepticism is encouraged on ATS.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

I am not as skeptical as you are but in the majority I agree, exactly the abductions look like someone's SHIZO likle MANY OF YOU HERE, at least confess it, so people have you in mind when you post things. Or on drugs and weed. Duh.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoatit's true there is little physical evidence but is physical solid reality all that matters? Dr John Mack studied many abductees or 'experiencers' after having screened for mental illness and suggestability etc. He thought that something important was happening even if the events didn't fit within our Western, 'nuts and bolts' reality.

i wonder if the people that dismiss abductees have actually read any of the decent research that's been done or if they just rely on the various cliched abduction stories that get repeated everywhere.

I agree that there are cases where people who don't suffer from mental illness nor are hoaxing it actually experienced something, and I don't fault them for coming forward and telling their experiences, but the problem I have is the quantum leaps in logic that they were abducted by entities from an advanced civilization when there are a myriad of other possible explanations that are more plausible, such as a psychological or physiological phenomenon that doctors and scientists do not yet understand that causes this.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its actually psychopathic to work at discrediting other people and to not believe the testimony of so many. You might be able to ignore one person, but its my opinion that you better have some proof before you go slandering them in any way. However, there is a huge number, millions, including military, pilots, police officers, doctors, scientists, astronauts, and civilians.

And to slander or think ill of humanity in such a way is the mark of a true sociopath, including it is bearing false testimony and answerable in the end.

In addition, if you're not getting paid to suppress truth and enslave humanity, perhaps a person should figure out where to send the bill, because I can't imagine in the year 2012 still reading these articles and threads.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
OP is clearly baiting w/the sweeping generalizations based on zero knowledge or experience in the thread title alone, let alone the garbage that follows, & is therefore just a troll, & a poor one at that.

Trying to slant opinions your way? Why? Do you feel superior when you attempt to pick apart a subject that you CANNOT, & WILL NEVER truly understand? Does this make you frustrated, or do you smile, your face turns red, & you think to yourself "Wow I know better than nearly anyone! I'm special!"

Do you feel superior when you placing your system of belief & thought & logic upon another, like the early christians building their churches directly overtop pagan religious sites?

Trying to make people that come along say "Oh wow, I wasn't sure before, but I now think the OP is correct", & they follow along like polite dogs?

The basics of mind/brain/body relations are hardly & poorly understood, let alone a subject as bizarre as this- the prerquisites of which would be what I just mentioned.

If you KNOW they are ALL a fraud, surely you can fully, scientifically explain exactly how the physical scarring works, seen as how it's all bull#?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by enthuziazm

The final word on it:
Just to clarify...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Its actually psychopathic to work at discrediting other people and to not believe the testimony of so many.

Anecdotal evidence is the lowest form of evidence; on it's own it is evidence of nothing. The two leading religions have billions of followers, the number of people following either is irrelevant to the truth and validity behind either of them. Just pointing out that it is not psychopathic to apply logic and reason to other individual's subjective experiences, no matter how many people share them.

You might be able to ignore one person, but its my opinion that you better have some proof before you go slandering them in any way. However, there is a huge number, millions, including military, pilots, police officers, doctors, scientists, astronauts, and civilians.

Your opinion appears to be incorrect here, you're saying that we can't dismiss claims unless we have evidence against them? The skeptical community (and rules of logic) favor the opposite, if someone is going to claim something that isn't consistent with our understanding of the world, they better provide some evidence. Abductees have brought no evidence to support their claims, hence why they are brushed off. As for pilots and other authority figures you speak of, they saw UFOs, I'm sure, such a thing exists. But it is merely something unidentified, not evidence of "abduction," alien visitation, extradimensional craft, etc.

And to slander or think ill of humanity in such a way is the mark of a true sociopath, including it is bearing false testimony and answerable in the end.

Now you're mixing "psychopath" and "sociopath," which are not the same thing. Applying logic and rationality is neither sociopathic or psychopathic, don't assume that "debunkers" or "skeptics" are "denying" that abductees experienced something, it's just not what they think it is. Kind of the reason why no one ever notices these people missing from bed, being levitated out of their front doors, or other such impossibilities that are claimed by abductees.

In addition, if you're not getting paid to suppress truth and enslave humanity, perhaps a person should figure out where to send the bill, because I can't imagine in the year 2012 still reading these articles and threads.

I feel like my signature becomes more relevant every day I spend on these forums.

Be easy.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I just have a BIG problem with a phenomenon of which proof is based solely on oral accounts or information obtained through hypnosis. No surveillance footage. No snapshots. No one got the footage on their iPhone. I'm just sayin.....these stories persist without any tangible proof.

Interesting. Reminds me of all the religions of the world. No snapshots, no iPhone footage, and based on oral accounts, but millions upon millions of people live their lives talking to the sky and fearing invisible all-loving beings. So who is crazier, abductees, or all these other people?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

I just see way too many holes in the theory and the easiest explanation just seems more plausible and requires less speculation and baseless claims. Perhaps:

1. Abductees are head cases who seek attention or make stuff up.
2. Schizophrenia.
3. Drugs.
4. Traumatic events that made people concoct outlandish stories to help them deal with the trauma.

It's pretty clear - if you pay attention to what is said and written by intelligent people who have studied this - that these explanations do not account for the abduction phenomenon, although what does account for it remains unclear. It's obvious that these people do not share any known mental illness, much less schizophrenia. "Drugs" is certainly not a well-thought-out explanation. Abduction researchers generally agree that the people they deal with are not "making stuff up" deliberately, and that the "abductees" undoubtedly believe that they actually had these experiences. Your fourth explanation is a little more reasonable, but it has been considered and is not generally accepted as an adequate or likely explanation for the relatively consistent narratives among experiencers.

Here's a long set of interviews by a number of people who know much more about these claims than the average person does. Well worth a watch:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
Here's a long set of interviews by a number of people who know much more about these claims than the average person does.

An appeal to authority followed by using a youtube video as evidence does not make up for the lack of a single piece of verifiable evidence that an "abductee" has ever left this planet. Modern forensics can detect chemicals that came from a bullet's cartridge under a suspect's fingernail and yet no physical evidence for the existence of alien visitors or abductors has ever been recovered. Seems a little suspect.

Be easy.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

/you must be looking in all the wrong places I suspect. There have been plenty of unexplainable implants to name just one direction to look.......

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
There have been plenty of unexplainable implants to name just one direction to look.......

If that were true, the whole of science would be turned upon it's head. Why hasn't the scientific community taken notice? All it would take is one person testing an "implant," and showing that it was anything other than a shard of rock, glass, metal, or wood. Why have no "implants" ever been shown to be out of the ordinary?

Be easy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join