It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the USA come to PARIS AIR SHOW 2003 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've heard this morning that many US aircraft companies wont come at LE BOURGET PARIS AIR SHOW 2003 (The greatest Air Show worldwide).

What's your point of view about it ?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This whole anti-France thing is ridiculous. I can't believe Americas are becoming anti-French by the media as they became anti-Muslim/arab.

I think people forgot that France is the only reason while Americans are not speaking with British accents.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This explain why...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i have been anti french since my first (and only) visit to paris. this was about 5 years ago, on my trip i was met with nothing but rudeness and upturned noses. so screw the french.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ok ok, may be that the USA are becoming a little bit anti-France. But when I see how France is ALLWAYS anti-USA ( anyway, France is allmost anti-everything
), I think that we have an equality now.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The question is rather, if the Frogs will let the US bring their planes in. As it would be damaging to French pride to realise how superior American aviation technology is to theirs.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
nor do I want our planes dirtied

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
"I think people forgot that France is the only reason while Americans are not speaking with British accents"

Yep, and without us, they'd be speaking German...yada yada.... We've more than repaid the debt for the meager assistance, and a nice statue....

I say they should still go to France, if only to remind them of what our air power really is...

We should have a friggin Raptor land right in front of the crowd, hehe...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Right on Gazrok! They should use that venue to unveil the aurora

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If you notice almost every time the US turns down military technology to a country they tend to buy inferior matrial from France.
The US military must have loved destroying French equipment on masse as well as the good ole Russian junk.

I always remeber France making a tentative approach to the US to buy the Trident II SLBM and were laughed at. The Trident II missile, even 20 years later still far superior to anything the French have or will be able to develop in the forsaeble future.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"I think people forgot that France is the only reason while Americans are not speaking with British accents"
Yep, and without us, they'd be speaking German...yada yada....

Americans are still talking german, dubya, dubya...

AF1

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Some of the French might think its an invasion.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
Some of the French might think its an invasion.

Oh no, please....They'll hands up one more time.

It's boring at the end.

MS : They also tryed to buy the Polaris in the 50/60. Of course, the USA have sayed " NIET ".

[Edited on 25-4-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I'm gonna del this thread !

I tought that it was intersting to see how a boycott is a relative word in the mounth of military industrials, US or not, when they meet to make money...

Paris AirShow, that take place 1 year on 2 is the greastest airshow worldwide, and not only the USA are experiences in aircraft.
I dont think that bizness men will loose this oportunity to make $$, instead of "boycott"...

[Edited on 25-4-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Stay cool Nans DESMICHELS.

I visited this show, and it really was great.

All these things who are designed to do " BOOOM " and " KABOOOM "....Woaow, I was feeling like a kid in a toys shop.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think the US should go

I would love to go to it sometime, unfortunatly i'm broke right now

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Stay cool Nans DESMICHELS.

I visited this show, and it really was great.

All these things who are designed to do " BOOOM " and " KABOOOM "....Woaow, I was feeling like a kid in a toys shop.

There is all kind of aircraft. Even COLUMBIA come one day, under the back of the boeing.
I've gone every 2 years when I was a kid and tryied many simulators their, some was still using Videos CD in the early 80's.

Russians accused USA having UHF weapons in the area because they crashed 2 planes (1975, Tupolev concord-clone ; In the 90's, a SU 30 or 37 while an acrobatic demonstration)

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
An episod of "supercopter" (Springfellow HAWK, ARCANGEL...) take place at LE BOURGET P.A.S. , but it wasn't filmed at le bourget.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yes....we should attend. We should show off our new flying bomb, the MOAB, as we place it over strategic areas of the city.

I'm not necessarily against the French for their stance against the US regarding Iraq, every country has that right.... especially on the world stage, but it's the malicous way they went about it.... and the continued opposition to the US even after the war as reconstruction starts.

new topics

top topics

join