It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution 2012 Get ready it's going to happen (arms treaty)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
They can have my guns...
...one bullet at a time.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aBeneGesserit
reply to post by SWCCFAN

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." You see the commas they are independent clauses. The most important one is saved for last.

You are joking aren't you?
Here's me thinking that commas were punctuation, when in actual fact they denote independent clauses? No way! A comma denotes a pause in a sentence equivalent to taking a breath. If they were independent clauses they wouldn't be in the same sentence and those commas would be full-stops. If you can all twist your own constitution to fit your own ideas of 'rights' then no wonder you've got a load of twisters running the country.

Apart from that, here's a note from the same page of your constitution:

"4. In the Congressional Statutes at Large, Vol. 1, Page 97, the first and third commas are omitted, so that it reads:

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

"The question remains open of where those additional, and grammatically spurious, commas came from, but they do not change the legal meaning of the provision, and it would not be erroneous to omit them."
www.constitution.org...

So basically, whoever wrote the original just liked using commas and it still means that you have to be part of a well regulated militia, to have the right to bear arms.

I clicked on your link to the Militia Act 1903 but it wasn't that clear about the people as a militia so I looked up 'militia' and got this from Wiki:

"The reserve militia[3] or unorganized militia, also created by the Militia Act of 1903 which presently consist of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who are not members of the National Guard or Naval Militia. (that is, anyone who would be eligible for a draft)"

I understand what you meant now about the people being the militia but you would still be:

"subject to inspection by Regular Army officers, and had to meet certain standards."

So, even if you are separate from the National Guard, Reserve, and Land/Naval forces, the President would still be your Commander, so you would definitely be considered as committing treason.

If you formed your own militia, it wouldn't be "regulated" therefore it wouldn't be recognised by the US govt. and you would probably be treated in the same way as rioters would be. Or even worse, you'd end up in Guantanamo Bay.

If you all started a revolution over this issue and lost - the end result would be no gun ownership.
Which is apparently what they want anyway.

If you started the revolution and won - you'd end up keeping your gun ownership rights.
You'd all be cheering at your victory but nothing else will have changed. You'd be in the same position as before. Losing jobs, losing homes, watching the fat-cat bankers and financial parasites getting richer and richer- but that's ok because you've still got your guns.

Revolution is supposed to be for change - not to keep things as they are.

Fortunately for Freedom lovers and lovers of Liberty, you are wrong...

There was no standing army, there was never supposed to be a standing army, the citizenry ARE the army.

In fact, if you read the constitution, it specifically states that all officers of the armed services are to be sworn in by the states and only called away from their state in a time of declared war.

Any armed services personnel who are stationed outside of their home state outside of a declared war, are so stationed unconstitutionally.

Now, how does that affect the 2nd amendment. The reason for the first statement in the second amendment is because it was meant that the PEOPLE would have and personally control and own ALL of the armaments of the U.S. of A. The rights of the people would not be infringed.

The meaning of it was to be two fold. First, it was meant to ensure that the people could defend themselves from foreign aggressors (armed services) and secondly, it was meant to ensure that the people could never be denied the ability to defend themselves from an over reaching govt.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by Golf66

How to respond... Even Crixus had a change of heart. We've been poisoned at the core.

I am actually a big fan of the show; so his change of heart was in direct reaction to his recently learning that Naomi (sp?), his love interest had been sent on a tour de whore en route to the mines as a result of the Domina having a crush on him and finding out they were in love.

So because Domina reacted to petty jealousy with deadly force he decided to join Sparticus' slave rebellion.

Until something affected him personally he was not going to participate and was happy to die for his honor in the arena.

Kind of makes my point - these men and women in charge are not going to revolt or resign in protest on any moral or legal grounds. People are content with the status quo until something personal happens to them or their loved ones.

Now I could see a General who kids were grown and wife had recently died of cancer making some kind of statement but at their level they are not going to for honor's sake drag their junior officers into an open revolt with them.

I know a good number of General Officers, all basically patriotic and law abiding but also ambitious and egotistic.

Like I said many won't resign because they know there are many men willing to take their place in a heartbeat literally who are in love with power. They are all empire builders who collect followers like feudal lords of old and surround themselves with yes men. All leaders at this level tend to believe they alone are the one who can do their job "the right way".

That said they also are fanatically concerned for the welfare of their Soldier's but not of any altruism IMO but because they have the view they alone can groom and protect them for the future positions of power. They will go to great lengths to protect their Soldiers.

They will stay and to maintain the line between following their questionable orders and protecting their little empires.

Pure ego not altruism - simply because they have the belief that they alone can skirt the line and protect their subordinates.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Until something affected him personally he was not going to participate and was happy to die for his honor in the arena.

And you missed my point. He was physically poisoned and left to die outside the arena... A play for the elitists. At the moment of clarity it occurred to him there was never any honor, period.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Chosen as the President of this important situation is a man from Mexico? They are the worst possible choice with all the death by guns and unsettled politics going on in their country. I am listening now but will he ever quit speaking spanish and speak the universal language?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
And you missed my point. He was physically poisoned and left to die outside the arena... A play for the elitists. At the moment of clarity it occurred to him there was never any honor, period.

I must have missed this plot point - fair enough. I don't remember this at all to be honest.

I remember thar he wasn't going to participate in the slave revolt until he found out his lover was sent away to the mines.

When does the poisoning thing take place?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Crixus' meal was laced with just enough poison to hinder his efforts in a fight to the death. Not noticeable to the audience.

If you happen to be trending information, you'll find this twist mirrors what happens in real life.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Originally posted by Gwampo
I'm gonna go out and buy a gun with my next paycheck.

absolutely

And then conveniently lose it.

if I went out and got one that was "authorized" would they still try to take it?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

absolutely

if I went out and got one that was "authorized" would they still try to take it?

That might be asking the impossible. In just 19 months Americans purchased enough firearms to equip every single active duty soldier of the worlds top ten largest armys...and then some!

Recent statistics released by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) report that for nineteen straight months, and that includes all of 2011, American men & women bought over 10,800,000 plus firearms. This number is based on the FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System, better know as NICS. The final number of 10,800,000 is considered conservative by experts because this number does not account for the multiple purchase of guns at the same time or the guns bought and sold legally, person to person by US residents, which do not require a back ground check.

ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIERS OF THE WORLDS LARGEST MILITARIES
China 2,285,000
United States 1,468,000
India 1,325,000
North Korea 1,106,000
Russia Russian Federation 1,027,000
South Korea 687,000
Turkey 666,576
Pakistan 617,000
Iran 523,000
Egypt 468,500

Above Total = 10,173,076
edit on 11-7-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

absolutely

That might be asking the impossible. In just 19 months Americans purchased enough firearms to equip every single active duty soldier of the worlds top ten largest armys...and then some!

Recent statistics released by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) report that for nineteen straight months, and that includes all of 2011, American men & women bought over 10,800,000 plus firearms. This number is based on the FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System, better know as NICS. The final number of 10,800,000 is considered conservative by experts because this number does not account for the multiple purchase of guns at the same time or the guns bought and sold legally, person to person by US residents, which do not require a back ground check.

ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIERS OF THE WORLDS LARGEST MILITARIES
China 2,285,000
United States 1,468,000
India 1,325,000
North Korea 1,106,000
Russia Russian Federation 1,027,000
South Korea 687,000
Turkey 666,576
Pakistan 617,000
Iran 523,000
Egypt 468,500

Above Total = 10,173,076
edit on 11-7-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

You have to keep it in context though. Most people that buy guns, buy more than 1. I won't list my armory here but suffice it to say I could arm a small town with what's in my safe. And all my friends are in the same boat. So it's not like there's that many people buying guns, that's just the number of guns sold.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

absolutely

Heh. I wouldn't worry. This UN treaty will never be ratified by the Senate (requires 2/3 majority). It's just Obama and Clinton playing politics. And even if it did, a treaty never trumps the Bill of Rights, ask any judge.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
start @ 1min 32sec

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Am I misunderstanding this?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by slapmyface

It was a church, not a house. "As prescribed by law." New Orleans was a pretty lawless place at the time and given the circumstances I don't see a pastor saying no to them.

Perhaps if the military were acting as an invading force I could get behind your sentiment, they weren't. It was practically a humanitarian effort on US soil.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

did you watch the whole thing? They also took guns. I am not an expert, I did not know that the church is not protected by the 3rd. I guess gods house dont count.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapmyface

did you watch the whole thing?

No, you told me to start at 1:32...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for shooting, this is for fun!

I have your back my brethrens! I'm stocked, and fully prepared for the worse. However I hope that it doesn't come to this, I'd much rather live a happy life without the need of war

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Originally posted by slapmyface

did you watch the whole thing?

No, you told me to start at 1:32...

Do you always do what your told?

The idea is the officials were doing things that violate the constitution. I did not ask you to try and explain why its ok. It looked wrong to me. I hope its no secrete they stole weapons and freedom from Americans in the name of America. I would not want ANY authority to kick in my door demanding my guns, as well as the thugs taking refuge in "the house of god" but thats ok because they left a note.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join