It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution 2012 Get ready it's going to happen (arms treaty)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
dont think so.. good way to start a revolution and violance. unless thats what they expect..
no more constitution destroying im about done with it..

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Why are you posting a article from 6/07/2011? and acting like it something current? Has the senate ratified this treaty? How far along are we in this process? Why would they work on this during a election year? or is this more fear mongering from the right propaganda machine?

The Election will never happen -

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well Obama can sign it if he wants and the senate can ratify it too, but that still doesn't make it law since it would violatethe constitution. The final agenda of our elected "representatives" is to disarm and enslave us, making us slaves to the global elitists. We elect and send these tyrants to DC to represent the people yet they bow to the behind the scenes powers and drive us straight to oblivion. As far as I'm concerned the government isn't my government since it is constantly at open war with my liberties. The role of government is to secure the rights of the individual, not pervert and destroy those rights.

I took an oath 20 years ago when I joined the Navy to protect and defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic and though I'm not longer active I still hold my oath sacrid. They may sign it but for them to try and enforce it right now would be political and national suicide. There are way too many firearms owned by private citizens, many of whom are well trained, for them to attempt to round up guns.

Going by the numbers even with full US military force TPTB would be severely outnumbered. According to globalfirepower.com there are 1,477,896 active military and 1,458,500 active reserve, a total of 2,936,396 US military personnel. So 3 million military personnel are going to disarm America? Even with every UN troop they could muster they would be severely outnumbered.

GENEVA (Reuters) - The United States has 90 guns for every 100 citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a report released on Tuesday said.

U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies.

source

270 million guns is a lot of guns to try and confiscate from the 60+ million armed civilians, even for the entire US Military and Law Enforcement community. This will only be enforceable if our economy totally collapses, our nation is on the verge of civil war, our society is collapsed, and a real foreign army (not UN troops) are being used. When TPTN try to enforce this our nation will be in complete socio-economic, political collapse. That means it could happen at anytime now since we are not very far from it.

I seriously think that the number of active US military would go down sharply if they were ever given the order to confiscate citizens firearms. I spent 16 years active military as a Naval SWCC Operator and have had the discussion about martial law and gun confiscation many times with friends in the service and can honestly say that IMHO only a small percentage of personnel would do it. None of us would want armed military units showing up at our family's homes using force to violate someones rights, and we therefore would not do it to our service members families and friends, not to mention what a gross violation it would be to our oaths.

When TPTB finally do try and enforce this and the baby blues show up then it will all fall apart anyway, at that point it will be all about survival. At least well finally make good use of those UN soldiers, the only thing we ever found em good for when I was around them was cleaning out the blue canoes at the FOB. The shiny blue helmets will make awesome targets at 1500 meters with my L96. Its sad that its gonna come to this but TPTB are going to do their best to enslave us all. I for one don't find peace so valuable as to be paid for at the cost of chains and servitude.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have known a revolution has been on our horizon since about 2004 or 2005. The main problem however, and there are many, is that the people have no united front, and no leadership. To successfully defeat the tyrannical leaders, who control the military, we will need as many of these troops as possible on our side. Here is the beauty though: IF they start to take away our firearms, or not let us buy new ones, which they MUST do prior to the revolution as a strategy, this act will unite many people in a large way.

But the need for a solid leadership core is still there. Some time ago I drafted an order of battle for a revolutionary force, which is a bit different from the standard military layout, as the number of revolutionaries in a certain group will be need to be different to accomplish certain military objectives. The greatest military need that this force will face is the ability to down aircraft, especially drones. The military installations will have to be some of the first to be conquered, after first conquering as much of the military's leadership as possible.

A grand strategy similar to this, hypothetically of course, could succeed if implemented, but as I said, the people need to choose, support, and promote a group of people to lead a revolutionary force, as well as a provisional government, which MUST control the new military. History shows us that when a revolutionary force overthrows a government, that military power usually seizes control of the country. There will be many other problems, such as foreign interference and diplomacy, but I am positive that a revolution would be supported by some powerful nations. Anyway, just some ideas and problems that I was thinking about.

So while taking away our guns is necessary, it will also be the nail in the coffin so to speak.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
reply to post by Tw0Sides

The alarm clock will go off and while the estimated 100,000,000 people that own firearms expect about 3-5% of them not to comply and to fight back. Everyone claims to be a patriot when there is no risk involved. Having seen the risk versus sitting on the sideline....
well I am not made for the sideline.

You're the sort of Kool Aid we can believe in:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

There are plenty of people that possess solid leadership skills that also know what's coming down the tube and are preparing. There are groups of people across the nation that are preparing, not so much in the Doomsday Preppers style, but they still have preset plans for uniting and combining when the SHTF. These are not the flamboyant and obvious militia groups or prepped groups, those groups draw way too much attention to themselves.

When it all comes undone and the time is right there will be plenty of people whom have sat back quietly planning and preparring with the integrity and experience to lead. It won't take long for people to unite and organize given the number of people that are planning and preparring now.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
REAL messed up. Were gettin more and more pi ssed daily..

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by SWCCFAN

It is Non-binding to all of us but it doesn't mean that it can't go into effect. I hope it passes and the senate ratifies it. Aren't we all tired of incrementalism? Turn up the heat so the rest of the frogs can jump out the pot.

Eventually something will be the catalyst and we will unite to draw a line in the sand, much like the first revolution. At some point we will have to sort out who is on the side of liberty and who is on the side of the globalists. Then we will hear the 2nd “shot heard ‘round the world” and we’ll sort this thing out once and for all.

I’m not in a hurry to see it happen but I’ll be in a hurry to finish it once it starts! It appears the globalists are pushing for sooner rather than later.

Be careful what you wish for, traitors!

edit on 8-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

A STAR, Seabag. One of the few things my dad was proud of me [about]
was seeing to it-- a lot of drills and even more live rounds -- that I was a better
shot than him with The Mule at 200y than he was. Guess I made it by 14.
He shot third in the division, do the math. Never to brag-- but a massive re-
sponsibility to me being trained to not lose what I have been given.
To everyone who stands against this moldy dishrag of a treaty I WILL feed
you belt, and there are no jams. This is one of those rare times I must consider
the second to last thing through many a patriot's head must be:
"What the hell, dead's better than here."
And my constant thanks to those who actively served; to let me get to that place.
Hey if I'm in a good mood that day might even jump out and stop one foryaz...
as long as you're not the one firin' lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by SWCCFAN

It is Non-binding to all of us but it doesn't mean that it can't go into effect. I hope it passes and the senate ratifies it. Aren't we all tired of incrementalism? Turn up the heat so the rest of the frogs can jump out the pot.

Eventually something will be the catalyst and we will unite to draw a line in the sand, much like the first revolution. At some point we will have to sort out who is on the side of liberty and who is on the side of the globalists. Then we will hear the 2nd “shot heard ‘round the world” and we’ll sort this thing out once and for all.

I’m not in a hurry to see it happen but I’ll be in a hurry to finish it once it starts! It appears the globalists are pushing for sooner rather than later.

Be careful what you wish for, traitors!

edit on 8-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

A STAR, Seabag. Double post, but you deserve it twice.
edit on 9-7-2012 by derfreebie because: Gee it looked like a plunger.. and shalt thou not THRICE??

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

The right to bear arms will not go out with a bang. It will go out with a whimper. I say 1 more generation. Look at the kids today they could care less about the American dream or the right to bear arms.

They will not have to take them, the majority will gladly hand them in for the greater good.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The most heavily armed force in the world is the US Civilian population, and you can bet your ass they aren't gonna want to give em up.

More guns than any military force in the world.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst
The most heavily armed force in the world is the US Civilian population, and you can bet your ass they aren't gonna want to give em up.

More guns than any military force in the world.

Good luck!

And how many young people do you see down at the range? It is nothing like it was 20 years ago. The young people could care less about anything other then themselves.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

The range I go to is private to me and my family. So I couldn't say how many go to public ranges now.

EDIT: However, most younger folks I have worked with owned firearms, and even kept them in their cars when at work or just out and about.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

The range I go to is private to me and my family. So I couldn't say how many go to public ranges now.

Look at it this way Boy Scouts are half of what they were when they peaked in 1972. Kids don't play outside like they used to or drink from the hose.

edit on 9-7-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Look at it this way Boy Scouts are half of what they were when the peaked in 1972. Kids don't play outside like they used to or drink from the hose.

DP-------DELETE

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
Look at it this way Boy Scouts are half of what they were when they peaked in 1972. Kids don't play outside like they used to or drink from the hose.

Well, even if that's true, there's 2 things that are always "cool".

Guns and cars.

Even non out-doors-y Boy Scouts-y younger folks like, and own guns.
I know many indoors all the time computer nerds who own 5+ guns, and are very talented with them.

I'm not sure what will happen if they try to mess with the right to bear arms, but I highly doubt it will be a whimper.

The right to bear arms is one of, if not THE most fundamental right in the constitution.

If the civs didn't have guns, the government would be far, far, far more bloated and oppressive than it is today.
They want it to be hard for us to have guns so they can really flex that power.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I see the familiar and other names of retired and active military in this thread.
We the people have a few been trained and are probably redlisted anyway,
armed or not. A worn out old saw that still has teeth says "The best way to
unseat a dictator is to make him act like one." See Yamamoto, misquoted or not
for the capper. The only thing that bothers me at all about this rapid shift to high
gear is [they] believe they'll get away with it and just clamp down on the rest of us.
Consolation: the more of us troublesome ones that you visibly dispatch, the more
troublesome the rest will become. Ain't inertia positively yummy?

Like almost everyone else, I don't relish the idea of buying it for a triviality: but
taking away our means of self-defense is NOT trivial, Globies. I don't consider
calling anyone a traitor lightly-- but if the shoes were cobbled by you, we all know
they'll fit. Get ready to wear them with a favorite necktie.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Theme music for starters...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Governments want to take guns away to make the population safer. History shows this to be true.

In the 20th century SIX TIMES as many people were killed by their own governments than in all the century's wars combined.

edit on 9-7-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by isthatbigfoot
Americans why might i ask do u need all these guns?? it shocks me do u like murder? cause that is what guns are for

What a ridiculous post! Have you ever been robbed? Broke into? Attacked? How long did it take the police to get there? It wasn't quick enough I bet to stop it. Even if the police are 2 minutes away it is too long. I'll hang on to my gun and just use police officers for what they do best clean up and paperwork.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join