It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: Brutal Torture of a Prisoner by Rebels-This is What the West is Supporting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This video is very graphic but I do not believe it violates the terms and conditions so I hope the mods allow it to remain. If it does violate the terms and conditions please remove and I apologize for posting it.

I have seen a lot of support for the Free Syrian Army on here lately and it pains me to see them portrayed as heroes fighting for the good of the Syrian people. The more we learn the more this proves to be false. It turns out they are terrorist mercenaries out for blood with absolute disregard for the safety of the Syrian people.

I will not guarantee the authenticity of this video so I will need assistance from fellow ATS members, preferably someone who can read and speak Arabic.

I will post the English narrated one first and explain in more detail in a moment.

(18+) (Not For shock) Documenting Crimes Against Humanity in Syria. Syrian Rebels torture, humiliate, assault and throw boiling water over a prisoner. The armed groups claimed he was a 'Shabiha' a term which is now used to describe anyone who opposes them or supports Assad.

Rebel post of video: www.youtube.com...

(YT moderators: My videos are designed to raise awareness of crimes against humanity in Syria. They are never posted for the sake of shock or sensationalism. They are often the only copies available to English speaking audiences. I implore you to bear that in mind should they be flagged for political reasons.)

Here is a user comment from the video:

This video was posted by anti-Assad channels as the beating of a 'Shabiha' and you can hear the rebels taunting him. Try reading the video description and following the link rather than disputing the indisputable. There is absolutely no doubt that this is the rebels.

So according to this poster the rebels are beating and torturing this man for being a 'Shabiha'. I cannot verify this because I do not speak Arab so once again I cannot claim 100% authenticity.

The author of the English video took this clip from what is claimed to be from an account that supports the rebels.

Here is the video:

If any Arabic speaking members could verify what is being said and written I would appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

If this is true, the FSA are going around acting like thugs. These are not actions of an honorable force.

These FSA goons are no different than the terrorists who helped "liberate" Libya. We all remember what happened to Gaddafi right? Well I'm willing to bet that they would do the exact same to Assad if they were to get their hands on him. I'm not saying Assad is a great person, but he was a good leader in the way that he was trying to make his country a better place free from Western influence and if he is caught he deserves a fair trial in international court (if such a thing exists).

Too many people believe that these rebels have good intentions and are out to free the Syrian people from the evil Assad regime but in reality Syria was much better off before this "revolution" began. And it's only going to get worse for the people of Syria once the West intervenes and installs a new puppet regime. We all know how helpful Western liberation is. We carpet bomb their country while killing thousands of innocent people then make billions rebuilding it while installing strategic assets.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The west/UN will support any divide and conquer tactics to install their banks and drug cartel.
I'm 100% sure Syria was better before the revolution just like Libya.

"Political and Economical control up to ritual of sacrificial souls
Destruction and creation trough manipulation of the free nations"

"Scarcity trough the military to abuse of every penny globally
Wars silence benevolence in independence from your financial dominance

Impayable unaccountable debts,chain us into slavery that's left
Incarceration with fake democratic make-up fashion"

From soundcloud.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

West is always looking for more energy and more puppets in middle east.

Assad was never a western puppet and helping anit-Zionist groups.

That is enough for west to bully and kill people.

They attacked Lydia and destroyed all the infra-structures , then they said "We will construct your country , instead , we take a little oil for about ten years."

West is just a empty drum that is beating loud.

They just advertise and manipulate.

That is neo-colonialism. The only way for a parasite to stay friend with the victim is to manipulate him.

edit on 8-7-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I couldn't bring myself to watch the video but thank you for bringing this to our attention. The more we hear about both sides of the story, the closer to the truth we get.

I don't really see any winners in the current situation in Syria.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Assad was never a western puppet and helping anit-Zionist groups.

That is enough for west to bully and kill people.

Well said

There are many other ruthless dictators who are left alone because they cooperate with the Western Agenda, Saudi Arabia being a good example. Saudi Arabia is a complete dictatorship and if the people were to revolt there would be mass bloodshed, much more than we are seeing in Syria. Lucky for Saudi Arabia they are part of the in crowd so they don't have to worry about foreign backed mercenaries rolling into their country and causing a bloody conflict.

I didn't know in which order, but I was confident that they would be going after Syria and Iran for obvious reasons but I never thought it would all happen like this. But after Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya nothing should surprise me anymore.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I couldn't bring myself to watch the video but thank you for bringing this to our attention. The more we hear about both sides of the story, the closer to the truth we get.

I don't really see any winners in the current situation in Syria.

You are right.

When a lion gets injured , there will be many animals circling around him , but no one is a doctor.

But eastern superpowers are better , they just defraud . they are not imperialists.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The order is clear and you know it.

How many countries do you know that are standing against USA ?

Sometimes you see that Russia surrenders.

I think that it will be soon that Hezbullah start a war with Zionists and all the attentions will redirect to Palestine.

So , Asad will stop the game easily.

I really believe that Allah will scheme beyond all schemers.

+ I've hears that P.K.K has threatened to turn Turkey into Syria. You know that Turkey is the highway for making Syria unstable.

thank you for replying.
edit on 8-7-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

If this is true, the FSA are going around acting like thugs. These are not actions of an honorable force.

These FSA goons are no different than the terrorists who helped "liberate" Libya.

Look up US "pump and dump" (torture to death) operations in Vietnam. How does that fit with your notion of honor?

Here's an interesting little talk from General Clark. The first three minutes pretty much tells you everything you need to know. Washington is using 9/11 to powertrip thru the middle east:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

I have briefly heard of the practice you mentioned in Vietnam, it certainly wasn't honorable.

Thank you for posting the link to General Wesley Clark's talk since it is very relevant to the discussion. I have seen it before but it will be good for others who have not seen it to check it out.

I will imbed it for you:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Anyone can come out with propaganda pics to show one side of the picture.

But it CANNOT detract or distract from the fact of what the HumanSlayer Assad had done, in even more hideous forms to the men, women and children by the THOUSANDS even right up to TODAY.

No one enjoys brutuality in any form. But when THOUSANDS unarmed innocent men, women and children are BRUTUALLY butchered by the Assadist forces, what do you expect? There is no longer any rule of law, for the leader wild beast Assad himself had tossed it out of the windows with his slaughters of thousands.

The Free Syrian People now have to depend upon themselves to extract justice, by themselves, in whatever form they deemed fit in their moment of anguish and anger over loved one butchered. You, too, would have done the same, if the rule of law, justice and equality was denied to you. You could easily be the one in the picture beating the crap out of the captured govt forces.

The only ones to blame now for the barbarism in Syria today is the animal Assad and his HumanSlaying supporters - Putin, China CCP govt and Iran. They had long delayed and are still continually delaying Free Mankind from installing at least an end to the bloodshed with military might and consultations for an Transitional govt to ensure at least a rule of law emplaced for justice to be served.

The HumanSlayer Assad and supporters have no place in any form of dialogue, for they had already destroyed the rule of law, with their complete and utter comtempt of UN attempts for ceasefire, and to have them there is a mockery to justice.
edit on 8-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That's war baby, especially civil war. You support Assad, you're supporting him doin this to them. You support the rebels it goes the other way. This is why all activism is lame. All the people who are against US involvement in certain regions are dooming people to torture at the hands of the Saddam Husseins and Ghaddafi's of the world. But when we go in, then you see Saddam getting hung, and Ghaddafi getting sodomized. We oughta stay out it for a few years so that the same people cryin about our over-involvement now can start crying about the fact that we're standing by and doing nothing. That's the cycle.

We do nothin and thousands are slaughtered, bleeding hearts cry about it. We get overly-involved, bleeding hearts cry about it. Torture is the direct result of angry oppossing forces finally getting their hands on each other. War is ugly but often it's the only catalyst for institutional change.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

If rebels were not hiding amongst the populace, Assad would not have to attack civilians. The true cowards are the rebels. Do you blame your president for the slaughter of millions of Iraqis/Afghans? What you accuse Assad of doing is no different to the US forces in the middle east right now.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You are not suggesting you believe everything you see on TV do you? Propaganda is lies.
Do you base your decisions on lies?

The problem in Syria is that Arabs invested money in property development and the new foreign ownership laws say they can't keep it.
And they aren't selling.
www.sebcsyria.com...
Syria is not a fascist regime...
www.syria-report.com...
In fact their economic policies were given to them by the IMF and World Bank...

Soon after assuming power in 2000, Bashar al-Asad introduced wide-ranging economic reforms that lay an irreversible foundation for a market-driven economic order. He enacted an investment-promoting decree; privatized state farms; introduced a private banking system; liberalized capital and trade accounts; heavily reduced customs duties; and promoted private sector-led investment at the expense of state-led investment. Such changes built on the more limited market-friendly reforms gradually implemented by Bashar’s father, Hafiz al-Asad. Economic liberalization during Bashar’s regime also differed from his father’s in that it was advised by International Financial Institutions (IFIs), i.e., the IMF and the World Bank, which allegedly claimed that these reforms would promote macroeconomic stabilization.

www.mei.nus.edu.sg...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Rebels are not going to achieve their goal by employing poets and fashion designers. Yes, they have some brutal thugs in their ranks but then so does every army.

All these men, including the prisoner, are in a war. They all picked sides long ago. These are the consequences.

It's awful, but it is what it is.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Assad says he is willing to step aside. So now I just showed you, he is a champion of his people who have been threatened by very large forces, over the new foreign ownership laws. And he stood his ground even after they sent in mercenaries.

www.mcclatchydc.com...

So we offered him a chance to be part of the new trade route and for there to be a trade hub there, that we would invest 5 billion through the IMF and place 1 of 90 world-wide trade hubs there and talk Russia into building a dry dock at Tartus, which they presently lease the docks from Syria. So the IMF would lend Russia up to 5 billion in a separate loan deal to build the dry dock and develop that dockyards for shipping. Syria has a 400 ship merchant navy.

So essentially we have offered to help Syria economically as part of our economic development plan for the region that includes, all of the Middle East. To reconnect Europe to the Silk Road.

So then since we are planning on investing this money there as the IMF, he has to step ASIDE, not step down, so that we can be seen as being politically correct, since he has been slandered by people offended by the new foreign ownership laws.
So he is supposed to become a figurehead, a champion, and be like some councilor or ambassador of economic development. And then he hopefully can maintain that regions stability without being directly the president. If only he was a king and not president this would be easy.

edit on 8-7-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Keep in mind too, in the future once the deal is done and the dry docks he requested for the people is built, their ships need repair and they are into shipping and can ship for 30% less within their territory range but that means that poor people can get stuff shipped in that region too, even if they can't afford Grecian shipping or Cyprus shipping. That might mean some countries in Africa will get bulk crops from India or Asia who knows but we are into trade now, and building a trade route, so we have a candidate country there.

He may get elected in the future, I would not rule that out. Providing he gets the credit for economic development and since he was just following suggestions made by the IMF, well, you know.

So this one might be working out ok. Maybe Homs will get a 5 billion dollar trade hub.

This is what one looks like in China
www.xjgj.com...

Providing we can get this through the IMF, we will build 90 of them world wide for the Internet and trade and commerce.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I have briefly heard of the practice you mentioned in Vietnam, it certainly wasn't honorable.

Syria is just the most recent "pump and dump" of another country by the US (via proxy or directly by military, corporations or banks). I'm not really sure when the last instance of US integrity or honor manifest itself.

The reality of US conduct is in stark contrast to the mental pablum fed to our people.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is a horrible civil war, which will escalate into Iran and the Lebanon.
I don't think I can condone torture in any form. However, the sad truth is that Assad has been a bloody tyrant with a long history. I understand the other side's thirst for violence but I do not condone it as I am basically a utopian humanist. If you are allied with a force that belongs to a government of thugs, you will be free prey to the bloodthirsty vengeance of the other side. However, this is the Middle East, not Europe or Canada.
In the history of the West, you had the French Revolution etc. which centuries later brought us democracy.

The point is, WW3 has already started.
There are Iranian Revolutionary guards and Russian weapons on one side.
There are no doubt Western and Saudi arms and intelligence on the other side, this time supporting Sunni nationalists - like they did with the Taliban against the Soviets. And there are obvious geopolitical interests - not in holding Syria but in destroying it.

When the tide turns, Westerners will be fighting guys like those perpetrating the crime in the video.
In that I agree to the OP, but please do not idealize Assad. I know far wilder stories from Syrian expats.

In this case it has been incited by both sides. Just like in the Korean conflict, this civil war is not only about Syria.

There is no way this could turn out pretty or humane.
As Buddhists say, violence will only beget more violence.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There are lots of people here who support the syrian terrorists just because the USA supports them; they think it makes them patriotic. This is the same exact thing as libya, afghanistan, and iraq.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I watched the video (yawn) fell asleep 30 seconds into it. Hostel 3 was more graphic. I'm going to go play my xbox360 now bye...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join