It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida Suspect Arrested After Visiting Olympic Site Area 5 Times in One Day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think, after reading the article, it's all a sham. While I am not going to get into a debate about real bad guys out there, anything that goes down at the Olympics is pure false flag. I have a hard time believing that "Al Qaeda" is so simplistic that multiple operatives on multiple occasions have just sauntered up and "cased" venues?

They made 14 arrests the week prior - this Somali guy was already "restricted" and knew the British government was monitoring his actions and comm - they also have to throw in at the end that one of the "suspects" is a "white" convert, for what? So, if someone actually sees "whites" doing anything at the games it can still be blamed on ME terrorists or to spread fear to the populace that it can be anyone, now?

Three options, by my thinking:
1) Total and complete false flag - in order to increase police state and start new aggressions.
2) Suspects and arrests are just show, Olympics go off with out hitch - so they can say "police state" works, we "caught" all the terrorists before hand, in order to increase police state and continue aggressions.
3) These really are terrorists being used as decoys and while the world and security is focused on London during the Olympics - they strike in other countries (US, France, Germany)

If nothing happens or something happens in UK - false flag
If something happens elsewhere - (maybe) the "bad guys" did it
edit on 7/8/12 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
dp
edit on 8-7-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm not saying there aren't individuals within the UK who would like to commit a serious terrorist crime at the Olympics. However, I am taking each new report with a grain of salt. It was only last week a major motorway was closed down. The police arrived to tackle a bus they believed had some potential threat on board. They turned up in full chemical gear, only to find the cause of the alarm was a man smoking an electric cigarette.

It seems the security services are not taking anything for granted. I will wait for more news before I decide what level of threat we are facing.

if it's going to be causing this much fuss you wonder if it's worth having the games in the first place.
edit on 8-7-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by seabag

There are two ways to look at this latest story:

1) The stage has been set for the coming false flag attack, dry runs are underway and patsies are being chosen – or –

2) There really are fanatical Muslim terrorist’s hell bent on killing westerners and British authorities did a fine job foiling this recent plot.

Which is it, ATS? Is the threat from radical Muslims real or is this simply TPTB misleading us?

Why cant it be both?

I may also be neither.

Recall that a proactive social engineering agenda, empowered by a political mandate that includes justifying propaganda to be applied to the nation's own citizens, results in a near-constant state of heightened social anxiety and more susceptibility to engineered stress.

This makes many media-consuming nations susceptible to the worst manifestations of private agendas one can imagine.

Manufacturing a false flag is a form of propaganda, as is "threatening" harm via "terrorism." The fact that is it "notional" is an irrelevancy.

So tell me... why would anyone want a nation to "fear?" How does one 'benefit' from that state?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This guy was obviously acting silly and most probably have been watched already .

I don't expect anything to happen during the olympics .

I hope for a sunshine , that's all .

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
In 2008 he was prosecuted for suspected jihad training in Afghanistan, but he fled to Somalia and never went to court. In his absence the charges were dropped.

And now here he is, back in the UK. Clearly a good, positive, invaluable member of our society.

If something happens at the Olympics - and I'm starting to suspect it will - at least it will surely bring about one constructive change...

... maybe we will finally stop being so soft on these subhuman creatures, throw them out of our country, and never let them back under any circumstances.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Looks like the original source may exaggerating the story a bit . . . or the BHO is now trying to downplay? Which one do you think?

"I understand he was arrested at home. He breached (a TPIM) order five times with different rail journeys. But to stress, these were never incursions onto the park, just trips on public transport taken by thousands of other people every day. He got no restricted access."

UK detains terror suspect who traveled too close to Olympic park

Security sources told NBC News, however, that the suspect never got into the park.

So it is now being reported that he was simply on a public rail line that passed close to the park 5 times over the last month? Certainly doesn't instill the fear that the Telegraph report did this morning . . .

Seems to me now that British security is either grasping for straws, trying to justify their presence, or are trying to instill fear in the British (and to a lesser extent the world) with help from local media. Probably both.

I'm revising my earlier comments (post) to say there will definitely be no incidents at the Olympics, but we have to keep up appearances to justify the police state.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
In 2008 he was prosecuted for suspected jihad training in Afghanistan, but he fled to Somalia and never went to court. In his absence the charges were dropped.

And now here he is, back in the UK. Clearly a good, positive, invaluable member of our society.

If something happens at the Olympics - and I'm starting to suspect it will - at least it will surely bring about one constructive change...

... maybe we will finally stop being so soft on these subhuman creatures, throw them out of our country, and never let them back under any circumstances.

If the charges were dropped, it means the authorities has no proof and he is not a threat.

Frankly I am getting pissed off with the propaganda. If this guy is a danger or threatens the country, they should arrest him or STFU!

He strikes me as a hot headed person that doesn't quite go to the extent of hurting another person.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
In some ways, the terrorists (the real one's whoever the hell they are) - have won.

Armed police closing major roads over a fake cigarette.

Innocent electrician executed in London underground.

Dubiously 'guilty' muslim families being tazered, searched, harassed and racially abused / on the flip side white people taking retaliatory attacks from disenfranchised, angry, muslim youth's.

The rise of the far, vile right wing and the wishes for race war.

The increased nastiness of Police and Government departments. Students getting battered, pensioners getting toppled out of wheel-chairs, innocent men being pushed to the ground and batoned by the police (Ian Tomlinson).

Riots.

etc.

But sod it. Stay strong. My words don't mean to demoralize, just to make people .... aware? No point kidding ourselves, but we need to get a grip. Stop the panic and hate.,

Take a step back and think.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Riddle me this...

Why all the 'talk' about terrorism (false or otherwise), during the Olympic Games, yet no fears or threats during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, which in IMHO would have been a perfect time for an 'event'?

Since 9/11 and 7/7 there have been numerous fear-mongering spreading prior to some big events, without any justification, yet we continue to hear about all these patsies being arrested just prior to an event.

Methinks it's continually stirred up to sell newspapers, and keep a LOT of private security firms in business, along with many other agendas.

Let's just GTF out of ALL Muslim countries and leave them to their own devices, unless they attack our own countries.

edit on 8-7-2012 by SpaceJockey1 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Why all the 'talk' about terrorism (false or otherwise), during the Olympic Games, yet no fears or threats during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, which in IMHO would have been a perfect time for an 'event'?

Good point!

Surely terrorists would want to make a bloody mess of British people rather that foreigners from countries that have done nothing to them coming to see the Olympics.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
British muslums=LOL

They knew he went to Somailia and is a jerk.

The UK should kick these Islamic scum out?

France and the UK have gone down the toilet..

Beyond beleif.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Go back to stormfront.

The garbage your regurgitate regarding Israel is nauseating to the say the least never-mind complete rubbish that a properly raised child of 6 would see as such. Does it ever occur to you that perhaps adding the slightest bit of logic or fact into your mindless diatribes of nonsensical fecal matter that it might make your pathetic posts appear as if they aren't coming from a blatant anti-Semite and racist?

edit on 8-7-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthMaster2You

I was wondering the same thing. Why is human garbage like this individual allowed in the U.K. in the first place if he has such a background?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by stanguilles7

Why cant it be both?

I suppose it could be both.

How does that work?

Creation of war on terror was a false flag. However, since the "real" war since then, ie invasions of countries, real people in real families have been killed who are now angry. These people may need the odd nudge along or other assistance to meet their goals.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i think this arrest is just to throught the public off the real place i have been keeping up with this other tread it is very interresting its obout this video it has all kinds of Illuminati sseymbols in it maybe the real place of intres is la dont know for sure if this post has any thing to do with it but here is the tread link www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-7-2012 by q13ert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

He was probably just scouting the area for exploits to report back to his boys....and got caught. If this even happened at all.

edit on 8-7-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The Crown Prosecution Service CF is to appear in criminal court over the breaches of the government on 27 July - the same day as the London 2012 opening ceremony.

Channel 4 news

Coincidence that his next day in court happens on the same day of the opening ritual of the Olympic Games.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Don't they have an Olympic team?

Don't they ride bikes or um, what are they good at?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by PhantomLimb

It was not the same unit.

At no point was that information released.

Not quite correct I'm afraid. Apparently it was the same unit, but...

US sources say the special forces were from the Navy Seal unit which killed Osama Bin Laden, but are "unlikely" to be the same personnel.

BBC News South Asia

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join