It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein, sent from above?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Kryties

You said Einstein was not an atheist. I'm asking what makes you think that?

In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views.

en.wikipedia.org...

Religious views of Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein's religious views have been studied due to his sometimes apparently ambiguous statements and writings on the subject. He believed in the god of Baruch Spinoza, but not in a personal god, a belief he criticized. He also called himself an agnostic, and criticized atheism, preferring he said "an attitude of humility."

en.wikipedia.org...

Agnosticism and atheism

Einstein rejected the label atheist, which he associated with certainty regarding God's nonexistence. Einstein stated: "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."[1] According to Prince Hubertus, Einstein said, "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."[14]

Einstein had previously explored the belief that man could not understand the nature of God. In an interview published in 1930 in G. S. Viereck's book Glimpses of the Great, Einstein explained:

I'm not an atheist. I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinoza's pantheism, but admire even more his contribution to modern thought because he is the first philosopher to deal with the soul and body as one, and not two separate things

en.wikipedia.org...

Spinoizism

Spinozism (also spelt Spinoza-ism or Spinozaism) is the monist philosophical system of Baruch Spinoza which defines "God" as a singular self-subsistent substance, and both matter and thought as attributes of such.

You can't go around cherrypicking quotes mate. Einsteins religious views were very complex and, while he did not call himself an atheist, he most certainly did not believe in a personal God - the likes of which you speak.
edit on 8/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jhill76

Einstein rejected a personal loving God deity. Are you postulating that Father sent someone who would lie about His character and nature to mankind?

Again, I said I am not saying it happened, or didn't happen. I am trying to see others viewpoints on these things. I used an extreme case here. Like the other poster said, could he have not have come to advance the timetable?
edit on 8-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

God gifted the man, but I reject the idea that he was sent from heaven. He denied the Father, he was merely a deist.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You can't go around cherrypicking quotes mate. Einsteins religious views very complex and, while he did not call himself an atheist, he most certainly did not believe in a personal God - the likes of which you speak.

Again, I did not say he believed in God either. I just said he wasn't an atheist, that's all.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

God gifted the man, but I reject the idea that he was sent from heaven. He denied the Father, he was merely a deist.

Even Lucifer was sent from above to here. So, I don't see how you reject it?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

That was your implication, that he was a believer, please don't deny it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by jhill76

One does not have to be sent from above to be a believer, you assumed I assumed that.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Heylel was cast down. He was a fool that rebelled. Most folks don't realize that the sons of God were also created with free will. Even a foolish formerly anointed cherub.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Heylel was cast down. He was a fool that rebelled. Most folks don't realize that the sons of God were also created with free will. Even a foolish formerly anointed cherub.

But, he was sent to Earth for a reason. If it wasn't for that reason, he would have been simply locked up as the others.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

No I don't think so. Einstein never made any comments to give the impression he was anything more than a deist. Much like Socrates.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

I can see where you have drawn this conclusion from my OP. The second sentence was two different thoughts, I should have made that more clear.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

OK, you're starting to make little to no sense now.

Lets recap:

I said "So God sent einstein down to disprove the existance of God".

You then said: "Einstein was not an atheist". This implies you are saying he believed in God.

I asked you for your evidence.

You then posted a cherrypicked quote that I then disproved.

You then try to backtrack and say you only said he wasn't an atheist, not a believer of God.

I reply that was your implication all along and you then reply with "One does not have to be sent from above to be a believer, you assumed I assumed that. "

Can you see my confusion? You are beginning to make no sense.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

But, he was sent to Earth for a reason. If it wasn't for that reason, he would have been simply locked up as the others.

The "reason" was him being cast out. The others took wives of men and created demi-god offspring that is why they are in chains awaiting judgment.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I bring up the story of Abraham and Isaac. In Abraham's eyes and perspective, God's will was for him to sacrifice his son, Isaac. Imagine being in Abraham's shoes, how is sacrificing his own son holy and righteous? Maybe he thought in his mind, surely a holy and righteous God wouldn't make me kill my son, as the pagans do? He didn't understand at that time WHY God's will was for him to sacrifice Isaac, but in faith, Abraham listened until God stopped him.

Maybe I am being too indirect in order for you to convey what I am implying, but let me ask you a question first: do you view this life as being good vs evil?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You then try to backtrack and say you only said he wasn't an atheist, not a believer of God.

I can't backtrack, when You have made an implication of self, not something that I said.

You then said: "Einstein was not an atheist". This implies you are saying he believed in God.

You admitted as much as well.

Einsteins religious views were very complex and, while he did not call himself an atheist, he most certainly did not believe in a personal God - the likes of which you speak.

He did not call himself that, others have attributed this to him.

Again, you are assuming and making implications of me, as evident of what you have wrote. You do not know the reasoning of why I ask these questions, you are assuming based on what I have written, I am not implying anything at all, merely observation.
edit on 8-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Abraham trusted the Word of God that through Issac a great nation would arise. So Abraham knew that if h killed Issac God would have to raise him from the dead. His faith was in holding firm to the promise of YHVH.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The "reason" was him being cast out. The others took wives of men and created demi-god offspring that is why they are in chains awaiting judgment.

No, I am saying why did God choose Earth, and not choose say Mars. He was sent to Earth for a reason.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

I can't backtrack, when You have made an implication of self, not something that I said.

Your words, not mine. Your implication, not mine.

You admitted as much as well.

I did not. I simply said that his beliefs are much more complex and that he DIDN'T believe in the existence of a personal God - as is evidenced by his own words. Please try not to twist my words to fit your argument.

He did not call himself that, others have attributed this to him.

Attributed what to him?

Again, you are assuming and making implications of me, as evident of what you have wrote.

Doesn't help when you cherrypick and twist words to suit your argument.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No, I am saying why did God choose Earth, and not choose say Mars. He was sent to Earth for a reason.

You should know that the sons of God had dominion on Earth before the rebellion of Heylel. They were already here before man. The Genesis 1:1 account begins after the judgment against him and the 1/3 that rebelled with him.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I did not. I simply said that his beliefs are much more complex and that he DIDN'T believe in the existence of a personal God - as is evidenced by his own words. Please try not to twist my words to fit your argument.

You admitted he did not call himself an atheist.

Einsteins religious views were very complex and, while he did not call himself an atheist, he most certainly did not believe in a personal God - the likes of which you speak.

Attributed what to him?

That he is an atheist, by his views, but he has said, he does not fit into that category.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You should know that the sons of God had dominion on Earth before the rebellion of Heylel. They were already here before man. The Genesis 1:1 account begins after the judgment against him and the 1/3 that rebelled with him.

It still doesn't matter. (Even though this is not accurate, what you have written above, I won't get into that). He chose to have Lucifer on Earth with man. He could have easily have chosen somewhere else for him to go. So, by your theory, they have dominion over Earth, why would he send them back to a place where they had free reign to be with man? It was all for a reason, that Father has set forth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join