It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein, sent from above?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Let's take a look at Father. He knows best right? In his thinking, could he have not sent others down here from above, who have come here to help man in various ways.

Many think, if a person is not showing outside signs of holiness, they could not possibly be of God. People in the church, would say, scientists, they don't believe in God, so no.

Could God have sent Einstein down here to advance man, in an indirect way? Unlike Jesus, who he sent to help man in a very direct way.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So God sent Einstein down to disprove the existence of God?

Cool.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by jhill76

So God sent Einstein down to disprove the existence of God?

Cool.

I'm not saying it happened, I'm trying to see how others think of God doing things to help man in indirect ways, it's more of a see how people think than just saying no it didn't happen.

Einstein was not an atheist by the way.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

The quotes attributed to him supposedly saying he believed in God were either out of context or completely misrepresented.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The quotes attributed to him supposedly saying he believed in God were either out of context or completely misrepresented.

I didn't say he showed he believed in God either.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Then what are you saying he was? I'm not psychic you know.
edit on 8/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If I believe correctly Einstein wrote a long letter explaining his disbelief in the existence of a higher power. Perhaps he was religious as a younger man but grew out of it with age?

Personally, I don't think he was sent from above. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Then what are you saying? I'm not psychic you know.

I'm trying to see how others think of God doing things to help man in indirect ways, it's more of a see how people think than just saying no it didn't happen.

I'm merely using him as an example. I'm trying to see if others think this is possible.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You said Einstein was not an atheist. I'm asking what makes you think that?
edit on 8/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wrong quote, one sec.
edit on 8-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You said Einstein was not an atheist. I'm asking what makes you think that?

In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So god is partly responsible for the bomb. Not saying Einstein was completely responsible but he did relate he felt some guilt over his role and I am sure the letter he wrote to Roosevelt played some part in the decision to produce and use the atom bomb. Just wondering you can't just take the good and leave out the bad. There is a price to be paid for such decisions.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No, Einstein was not sent by God. He did possess the ability to read information stored in things and people though and had a great ability to read the thoughts of people who admired him or liked him. This is an ancient trait, a trait said to be of the gods. We are all offspring of the "Gods" because the son's of god mated with the daughters of man. These sons of gods were some other kind of being and could have been terrestrial or extra-terrestrial. These beings seemed to believe in god though and may have taught us about god. Even Zeus said he was a son of God, not the original god. The original god must have been an a$$ hole because they named him Uranus and banned him from coming to earth

edit on 8-7-2012 by rickymouse because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Let's take a look at Father. He knows best right? In his thinking, could he have not sent others down here from above, who have come here to help man in various ways.

Many think, if a person is not showing outside signs of holiness, they could not possibly be of God. People in the church, would say, scientists, they don't believe in God, so no.

Could God have sent Einstein down here to advance man, in an indirect way? Unlike Jesus, who he sent to help man in a very direct way.

Of course Einstein came down to "advance" man. Maybe advancing us towards the ends of days, but everything happens for a reason, ie. each country having nuclear warheads, fear of nuclear war, etc. Without Einstein ever coming to be, recent history would be completely different. This kind of thinking makes me think of a quote, paraphrased:
"Whether you beat against the currents, or just ride along, your still going to end up in the same place."

So here's my question that i asked indirectly through the above quote: Isn't everyone technically doing God's will, either willingly or unwillingly?
edit on 8-7-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

But here's my question: Isn't everyone technically doing God's will, either willingly or unwillingly?

That's a very good question. I would like to see what others have to offer on this one.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Einstein rejected a personal loving God deity. Are you postulating that Father sent someone who would lie about His character and nature to mankind?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jhill76

Einstein rejected a personal loving God deity. Are you postulating that Father sent someone who would lie about His character and nature to mankind?

Again, I said I am not saying it happened, or didn't happen. I am trying to see others viewpoints on these things. I used an extreme case here. Like the other poster said, could he have not have come to advance the timetable?
edit on 8-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Well... Why wouldn't God do that? Maybe it's to show that even the most "intelligent" of the world's standards are wrong about Him. Maybe it was one of God's many ways for people to find and seek out who He truly is? Maybe it's some different reason.
edit on 8-7-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

reply to post by jhill76

Well... Why wouldn't God do that? Maybe it's to show that even the most "intelligent" of the world's standards are wrong about Him. Maybe it's some different reason.

People attribute that God will only do the good holy stuff. But, what about doing other things for reasons not specified?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by DelayedChristmas

But here's my question: Isn't everyone technically doing God's will, either willingly or unwillingly?

That's a very good question. I would like to see what others have to offer on this one.

I just would like to remind people that we were created in His image and likeness and He gave us sovereignty as well . When we supplant our wills for His will that's rebellion and sin. Aligning our will in accordance to His will is holiness and righteousness. Example: Judas was prophesied to betray the Messiah, yet even though this was prophesied before his birth he still carries the responsibility for doing it alone.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join