It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban publicly execute woman for crime of being raped

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have extreme hatred for the ENTIRE muslim cult.

Absolute hatred for their presence, their being and their BS religion led by primitive backwards "men".

They are a cowardly bunch who prey on the WEAK only.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by iIuminaIi

Looked at the chart and the author gathered info from Islamic sources it appears . At least the names of the researchers highly look middle eastern, non-Jewish.

Also, those types will typically put Christians in a bad light because they fear and hate us. They are most likely to call the US a Christian nation and generalize this. We are not a Christian nation, period.

I get this all the time. Have we forgotten the last century when it comes to agnostics or atheists and the damage they don't cause? WWII was run (Hitler) by a disenchanted Catholic who embraced the pagan faith of his girl friend Eva Braun. Look at Mao Tse Tung, was he a believer in God? Shang Ki Shek was no believer in God, Stalin was no believer in God. In fact, Stalin cursed God, raising his fist in defiance when he died. If you put all of those numbers together would they equal war deaths from Christian involvement from the past? I doubt it!

No something more is at work here and I think its called abomination. Unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Absolute hatred for their presence, their being and their BS religion led by primitive backwards "men".

Just out curiosity...how do you condemn 23%ish of the global population in broad stoke?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny10

MAJORITY - True christians are those who are sincere good hearted people.

MINORITY - Pretender christians are perveted trangressors with small minded, bigoted, blind fanatics is that they'll always believe they are right.

Azan in Church by Ben Yusuf

abovetopsecret.com

edit on 9-7-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed link...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The articles conveniently refer to those who did this as "The Taliban", but was this an authorised killing by the Taliban, or an unauthorised killing by a couple of individual members? From the second link of the OP:

Officials in Afghanistan, where the amateur video was filmed, believe the woman was executed because two Taliban commanders had a dispute over her, according to the governor of the province where the killing took place.

Both apparently had some kind of relationship with the woman, said Parwan province governor Abdul Basir Salangi.

"In order to save face," they accused her of adultery, Salangi said.

Then they "faked a court to decide about the fate of this woman and in one hour, they executed the woman," he added.

Both Taliban commanders were subsequently killed by a third Taliban commander, Salangi said.

Seems to me that those who did this were punished by "the Taliban" too.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Karzai's calling for all Taliban involved, including those "spectators" in the video, tracked down... and the US General in charge of NATO-led forces has offered assistance of NATO troops.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Forget your hate......

I'm angry, really angry. I'm angry because our military invaded another nation under false pretences and we lost many of our good men and for what?

While all our politicians are lying to us by telling us life has improved in Afghanistan......our women are without their husbands and their children are without their fathers.

Last night on the news, more American soldiers lost their lives yesterday.......

We're pulling out of Afghanistan in 2014 and we all know it's back to business as normal in Afghanistan......I think our politicians have alot to answer for!

NOTHING is going to change in Afghanistan! Yes I feel for the Afghani women and what they have to endure under their madmen......

but what about our women and children who will never see their husbands and fathers again?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas

Originally posted by Unity_99
Afghanistan, the mistreatment of women in every single household is very common. According to Afghan women themselves:

Dark Flowers: The Story of Self-immolation in Afghanistan

Seems like the majority are not models of peace and equality only being made to look bad by a few.

No Burqas Behind Bars

Moral Crimes used to control women.

You think this is about Islam? You think there aren't punishments. Go get a life. I see you every day starting another smear campaign against Islam. You, my friend have an agenda.
I live in Pakistan for your information, and when I look at the newspapers, I see thousands of different crimes every day committed for hundreds of reasons (Both Afghanistan and Pakistan). For some reason, you only get these women abuse cases and bomb attacks. Let me tell you why these things are happening. Because there is no way to stop them. Because poverty is widespread. Because people wake up everyday, with no electricity, no money and barely anything to live for. Islam is not the reason. Poverty is the reason. So I suggest you stop acting like you are, thinking that all Muslims are barbarians, and think about how thousands of Pakistanis, Afghans, Arabs live everyday, suffering from corruption, violence and hatred.

Poverty is not the cause of this, contributing factor/maybe cause/definatly NOT. Their are many poverty stricken places in the world, most don't do this especialy to a cheering crowd.
I think this is about using Islam as a tool so in many ways it is about Islam.
Crimes are committed all round the world some petty others heinous but why would anyone bother with 14 year old steals chocolate bar. However 14 year old steals chocolate bar and has their hands cut off in front of cheering crowd is something IMO that we should bother about as is this case.
Do you honestly think Islam played no part in what happened here?
Let me tell you why I think these things happen, because religion & violence is a very effective tool to control poor people who have nothing to look forward to.
Poverty played very little or no role in what happened to her and others, the virgins who are force married to their executioners & then raped on their "wedding night" by the very man who will execute them the next day so that it will be ok in Allah's mind, are they victims of poverty too.
The main reason this goes on is control and dominance of women, that started before Islam but then was perpetuated by it.
Pure & simple these men want virgins for brides and they want to be able to do what they want to women when they want, how they want. Once married they want to make sure their wife stays pure so she gets threatened with this stuff with the full backing of the Koran & they have an excuse to get rid of her if they want which is why rape victims get executed. Most men in this area don't want a wife who has been raped or with any other man period.
This as well as other things like full face covering, isolating women from guests or forbidding them from leaving the house, are the product of old customs from a time when raiders would come and steal women but they are definitely perpetuated by Islam.

One thing that upsets me is you say this can't be fixed and others say who cares they are doing it to themselves.
Well these women don't do it to themselves nor do the children so I care, if only more people cared it wouldn't happen.
I mean we have people comparing a western man coming home & killing his wife upon discovering her with his lover to
something where they organize a celebration & invite the whole village to cheerer as they brutally murder a woman.
Simple way to stop this a good moral world police, We don't need to force people to change all their laws or customs but we come up with a basic set of guidelines. These would be based around basic equality for all, not allowing kiddy fiddling, not killing people for petty crimes & never in a barbaric way or in a coliseum environment.
Any Country not adapting the basics gets them enforced on them by the world. Any Taliban types like this found to be doing it are hunted down & given the mercy of a close range double tap.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Actually, shooting someone is probably more humane then pressing them under rocks for three days.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You must understand its a diffrent culture in Afghanistan. Men see women as less than human , women are just dogs. All women are good for is having male children then can go up to rape the women. But in this culture rape cannot happen becouse a man has the right to have sex with any women he wants, so the woman is to blame.Its impossible for us to understand this culture and to be honest i dont want to understand it. Its the same culture that lets a father kill his daughter if he thinks she has shamed him in some way. Best thing that could happen would be that Afghanistan was removed from the world as there is no hope of ever changing it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

You gotta problem with being gung ho?

The event while tragic, has raised even fellow Afghan eyebrows as they too look for revenge. This has been brought to their attention as well as the police of said country look for the culprits.

Taliban aren't even porto john worthy..they deserve....much much worse. As does every other backwards culture driven out of ignorance and blight.

Your right though, most American troops are mindless bots that do the masters bidding. You'd be surprised at how many of those accidents, weren't really accidents. The big dog barks, and the rest fall in line...thats how it works in the ole military.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

And America is any different? America only picks on those countries that can't really present much of a challenge. the only time they go to war with a formitable opponent is when they have no choice to.

How is that any different?

Make no mistake, I believe all extreme (notice I said extreme) versions of religion are backwards and need to be obliterated with extreme predjudice. They do more harm than good.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
For those that say "lets shoot and kill these backward idiots before they spread" let me remind you that most likely and historically your nation was as just barbaric as this once.
I'm in the US and I'm reminded of the Salem witch trails. Burning someone at the stake for just the mention of anything other than "Gods" word is just as bad as this.

Yes this is a horrible crime committed by backwards idiots but our beginnings were no different.

Well, if some other superpower shot and killed backwards idiots of middle age Europe, I would applaud them.

Some cultures do not deserve to govern themselves, IMHO. They need to achieve a certain cultural level, which is incompatible with death for adultery, before they can be de-colonised.

Not saying that this is the case in Afghanistan currently, because it seems as if this was an isolated incident, with those responsible being killed by Taliban itself. But who knows how would it look if democratic wish of Afghanis was actually respected?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I love you too!
I suggest you stop your hate speech and try realize how most Muslims live in poverty stricken countries where violence and preying on the weak is the only way to surrvive.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Unity_99

they call evil good, and good evil, put darkness for light, and light for darkness.

Do ggood and evil exist?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
If it is the law of the land to be executed for committing adultery, as much as I think that is the wrong punishment, it is their law and not mine. Being punished for being a rape victim is wrong regardless of local laws in my book.

My question is, why was the man involved, be it rape or adultery, not executed? Is he just left free to do it all again in the future?

It's this kind of attitude I find appalling. "Well its their law and we should respect it." Doesn't apply here. This is a human rights violation. You know Hitler had a law that killed millions of Jews maybe we should have just let them keep on doing what they were doing. Right? I mean it was their laws.

Smdh.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

Do Muslims Chop off your hands in ISLAM? TheDeenshow

He actually implies its human nature. What would you do to someone who broke in, you'd hack him to pieces. Islam is much more civil, only takes his hand.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Good and evil can only possibly exist in actions...for nothing exists on earth that can only do purely good or purely evil.

Pure good: serve all others at the cost of the self.

Pure evil: serve the self at the cost of all others.

Is there anyone or anything in this world that has consciously done either of these, in the most literal sense possible? Remember, even one action that contradicts either definition, completely negates that quality. Otherwise, the nature of the person or object is not "purely" good nor evil.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
If it is the law of the land to be executed for committing adultery, as much as I think that is the wrong punishment, it is their law and not mine. Being punished for being a rape victim is wrong regardless of local laws in my book.

My question is, why was the man involved, be it rape or adultery, not executed? Is he just left free to do it all again in the future?

Go to the Indian newspaper that ran the full story. It was not a simple deal--as most news stories never are.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I live in Kuwait and I am a Muslim. Could someone provide me with a link where Islam talks about killing those who were raped? I have never read such rule myself.

Please, just give me a link about what I am asking for, no more and no less.

I am pretty sure our Christian brothers at Westboro Baptist Church represent the faith of Christians vivdly. As the hating, killing machine that it is. Bunch of Jesus loving idiots! /Sarcasm.

See how that sounds stupid and close minded? That is what I am thinking when I read your posts.
Sorry for calling you idiots, it was just an example.

edit on 10-7-2012 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join