It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban publicly execute woman for crime of being raped

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If apologists are the majority and peaceful then surely they could stand up and make changes, hmmm.....But anyone who researches just a small fraction of this, and from their own citizens as well, discovers what this really means to the majority living it under it.

And I've heard from someone who left Islam is quite out spoken against it, the Islamic doctrine of Abrogation.

Here is a write up on this:

www.islamreview.com...

Islamic doctrine of Abrogation

Islamic Writings do the opposite of our Bible. They go from love/peace to violence and murder of infidels, whereas there is an enormous difference between the warlord Mahohmmud with his child bride and Christ, who served others and lived in poverty and taught to turn the other cheek and harm no one.

THE DOCTRINE OF THE ABROGATOR AND THE ABROGATED IN THE QURAN (Al Nasikh Wal Mansoukh)

This doctrine is based on two verses that Allah allegedly instructed Mohammed to put into the Quran.

"None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?" Surah 2: 106

"When We substitute one revelation for another, and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages), they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not." Surah 16:101

The bible goes from violent to peace, the quran goes the opposite.

Here is another look at the chronological order:

wikiislam.net...
edit on 9-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

freethoughtblogs.com...

It was a clean execution?

Taliban publicly executed an Afghan woman last week. The villagers cheered and shouted joyfully while watching the execution. The woman was accused of adultery. Her crime was she was either raped or she was in love with someone.
freethoughtblogs.com...
A lawmaker saw the video of the execution. She cried for the woman. She could not accept the cruel, barbaric, unethical and inhumane practices of religion.

The men who enjoyed the killing and the woman who blamed the killers are both humans. We will be unkind or kind depends very much on our upbringings. Little boys get brainwashed to become Talibans. They do not learn anything about love and compassion. All they were provided to learn was the Quran and the Hadith. All they were asked to become was the servants of Allah and the soldiers of Muhammad.

If we want to make the world a better place, we have to stop the system that forces our children to read the books of barbarism and lies and believe everything without asking questions. If we do not inspire our children to study science and have a thinking mind, we will see the crowds of ignorant people everywhere. If we do not encourage our children to study secularism and humanism, we will not be able to stop fanaticism, caste-ism,racism, sectarianism. If we do not let our children’s interests in feminism, women’s rights, equality and justice grow, it will be difficult for us to stop violence against women, rape, sex trafficking, sexual slavery, stoning or shooting women to death.

You know what I find interesting, other Muslims are condemning it, while people on this forum are condoning the execution

People have lost their souls,

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

But is it really? I don't know if it is or isn't, but I know you can't trust a video with a handful of people in it.

There are multiple such videos on the internet, and coupled with wide acceptance of these ideas as shown in my post, I think it is quite clear that this is reality. I would be glad to be proven wrong, tough.

I've known some Pakistani, Iranian, and Syrian women, and they are educated, and proud of their countries, and they have no fear of things like this.

What you have known was most probably an elite with western mindset. Such anecdotal evidence seems very weak, insufficient to contradict my posts in any way.
edit on 9/7/12 by Maslo because: fix link

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

How do you know she was cheating?
90 percent of Afghan women are victims of domestic abuse.

That would be some serious deterrent to cheating knowing you are going to get shot in the back.

Damn the hysterical media making much to do about nothing.

Wait, I distinctly remember you being all for the Muslims at that festival beating the crap out of the Christian activist.

Oh never mind.

edit on 093131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

I'm not in favor of this law, I'm just not going to get up in an outrage over it. They choose to live there, these are their laws, they have to deal with it, not us. And, from the people I know that come from these Muslim countries, I don't really believe the media hype. If it is true, it is horrible, but its still not my problem. Horrible things happen right here at home, lets worry about those, and let these folks worry about their problems.

If you remember me being all for beating the crap out of the Christian instigators at the festival, then surely you remember that I am all for open relationships, and open sexuality, and I think getting all upset over some infidelity is ridiculous. I don't think people should be killed for infidelity, I'm a big fan of it!
If this happened to someone I love, I would be there defending them or going down with them, I wouldn't let this happen, but it isn't my country, my culture, or my relative, so I just don't care. If the people that love this woman don't care enough to save her, then why should I?

To be honest, I've seen a couple of videos on Metacafe of stonings that brought tears to my eyes. There was a teen girl killed right in front of her own house. She was gorgeous, and she was pleading for her life, and the group around her threw small stuff at first, and she was injured and crying and pleading, until eventually someone cracked her skull with a big block, and she was gone. It was the most terrible thing I've ever seen in my life, I wish I had never watched it, and if that type of thing is common place over there, then I hope they all kill each other. If her family could push her out the door, and stand idly by while that happened, then they are not human in any way.

It isn't that I'm a fan of Muslims, it is just that I don't think we should trust overly-dramatic videos, or intrude in someone else's culture while ours is far from perfect. Let's take care of our own friends and families and neighbors, and let those folks halfway around the world handle their own problems. They are doing this to themselves, it is none of our business.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Afghanistan, the mistreatment of women in every single household is very common. According to Afghan women themselves:

Dark Flowers: The Story of Self-immolation in Afghanistan

Seems like the majority are not models of peace and equality only being made to look bad by a few.

No Burqas Behind Bars

Moral Crimes used to control women.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

What you have known was most probably an elite with western mindset. Such anecdotal evidence seems very weak, insufficient to contradict my posts in any way.

It is true that I've only known the elites from the Middle East that decide to get educated or immigrate to the US. I'm sure it is a lot different in the rural areas over there. It is a lot different in the rural areas of Russia and Eastern Europe also. It is a lot different in the impoverished areas of the US as well.

Violence seems to follow poverty and poor education. Luckily the US's level of poverty and poor education is still lightyears better than the level of poverty and poor education in places like Africa or the Middle East.

Still, if it is happening, they are doing it to themselves. If they don't value the lives of their own family members any more than this, then I don't think we can help them any.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Come 2014 and the American and Coalition Forces pull out.......

it's back to normal business in Afghanistan - a complete re-takeover of the Taliban!

10 bloody years, many soldiers (among them good decent men) whose lives have been lost for NOTHING !

WASTE of our men - husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles, nephews.......makes one just want to cry really.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

That video makes no sense. Why was nobody cheering prior or during her lengthy execution if they were so happy? In fact, it was completely silent.
Why is the scene of the men cheering taken after a blatant cut-scene?
Why are the men in the scene with the woman not in the scene of the cheering people?
How are we even sure it's a woman when no details were made out?
Where is the version without a cut-scene?
Can "Afghan officials" (the ones accusing it of being Taliban) be trusted? Who is the "official" mentioned in the vid that initially said it's Taliban?
Why did the first 2 shots have no effect?

edit on 9-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Still, if it is happening, they are doing it to themselves.

No, they are doing it to each other. It is not excusable in any way just because it is different country or culture.

If they don't value the lives of their own family members any more than this, then I don't think we can help them any.

This I tend to agree with. We could help them a little, and we certainly should try, but in the end, there will be no real, sustainable change unless it comes from the inside.
edit on 9/7/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences."

There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them. .....

I no longer find it useful to listen to anyone speaking of peaceful Islam, and the majority. There is a huge fundamental difference in their beliefs and mistreatment of women and children, and any civilized countries treatment.

In no way, shape or form am I suggesting that the presence of US militiary is needed in that country or that any from of bombing, or harming civilians is the appropriate response.

However we need international human rights laws, and eco farms, and lands that are decent (not some barren refugee camp) set up and we need to have police force of world rescuing all the citizens of this abuse.

Personally all countries that are not free, including that practice any form of theocracy or fascism need to be illegal and restructured.

No tiptoeing around this issue, it needs to end.

How I would conduct a police action is far different than a war. It would be large numbers that serve and protect all civilians, all women and children and good men, and set up zones of safety, and retraining in democracy and human rights.

Of course, this could only be done safely, if they pull their hidden science out of their backsides and clean up all the depleted uranium they've thrown, all their nuclear waste they've discarded all over the middle east.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

your right buddy, lets just set back and wait for our way of life to end. Did you buy a quran yet

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
I suppose Islam’s history of religious genocide is irrelevant. Exterminating Jews and Christians since it’s inception it continues to this day. Why don’t people see this. WTF?

Blindness caused by the Arabian moon God possiblly
edit on 9-7-2012 by redneck13 because: .

Because Christianity is just as guilty? Because at the current moment, the Western forces are occupying several Muslim countries and killing their people for their own good?

Did we really help anything in Libya or Egypt? Have we really done in permanent good in Afghanistan?

Until a Muslim attacks me, I don't care what they believe. I've never been attacked by one, and I'm not even sure the 9/11 was related to any Muslims, I'm not going to hate them just because their religion has flaws, all religions have flaws.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Western nations are not theocracies. PERIOD. So what their leaders do is not representative of one religion. Albeit the US form of Christianity is far different than the worlds, for they seem to ignore the teachings of Christ and dwell alot on the old testament and have fundamentalism in larger numbers, which is more a blast from the past.

However, western nations are NOT theocracies. When the bloodlines and elites/corporate heads do something, they don't do it from a religious point of view.

They don't use religious law in their court houses.

They don't violate human rights with religions.

But then again, the Christian religion, goes from more violent (old testament) to PEACEFUL. Most of the world of Christians separate old and new and only concentrate on studying Christ and what he would do.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Before demonizing Islam due to invented threats I think you should listen to this soldier who recants just a few of their duties over there. Such as destroying mosques, shooting rockets into civilian homes, killing people literally at random, etc. He goes into a little more detail about his first kill, who was a "fat man" he shot for no reason in front of his family. Wouldn't you fight back against such invaders if this was happening to your country? It's a good, self-sustaining death system. We go there, invade, slaughter...and if they fight back then that gives us the excuse needed to justify our presence. They become "terrorists" if they retaliate (it's ironic that we're actually the unwitting terrorists).

But the death system gets even better because of disinformation that's constantly being spun.
Just some recent examples of the media lying about the ME in order to manufacture excuses needed to invade Libya and Syria:

Some educational material about the real "Al-Qaeda".
files.abovetopsecret.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

So in summary, any news we get about "terrorists" or about the Middle East I think should be analyzed extremely carefully.

Bonus: this one is older...and was used to help justify the Gulf War...but it will make you laugh, I promise.

Isn't making false reasons that get hundreds of thousands killed just hilarious? That is the true art of the Devil.
edit on 9-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Okay, I haven't read through all of the comments yet so forgive me if someone has mentioned it already, but where is the UN when incidents such as this occur?
As much as this story infuriates me and makes me want to cry and then lash out at these barbarians, I cannot do much. We (as in the USA), cannot do much. After almost 10 years of occupation in that godforsaken country, we have achieved NOTHING, aside from spending billions of dollars and losing thousands of lives.
Again, what is the UN good for? Anything? Isn't this kind of thing precisely what the UN was created for?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

edit on 9-7-2012 by IamNob0dy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

True

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Afghanistan, the mistreatment of women in every single household is very common. According to Afghan women themselves:

Dark Flowers: The Story of Self-immolation in Afghanistan

Seems like the majority are not models of peace and equality only being made to look bad by a few.

No Burqas Behind Bars

Moral Crimes used to control women.

You think this is about Islam? You think there aren't punishments. Go get a life. I see you every day starting another smear campaign against Islam. You, my friend have an agenda.
I live in Pakistan for your information, and when I look at the newspapers, I see thousands of different crimes every day committed for hundreds of reasons (Both Afghanistan and Pakistan). For some reason, you only get these women abuse cases and bomb attacks. Let me tell you why these things are happening. Because there is no way to stop them. Because poverty is widespread. Because people wake up everyday, with no electricity, no money and barely anything to live for. Islam is not the reason. Poverty is the reason. So I suggest you stop acting like you are, thinking that all Muslims are barbarians, and think about how thousands of Pakistanis, Afghans, Arabs live everyday, suffering from corruption, violence and hatred.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join