It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban publicly execute woman for crime of being raped

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am a Muslim and like anyone else find this absolutely repulsive. Please do not blame the actions of some Muslims on Islam. There is a difference. Executing a woman for being raped is not Islam. Honor killing is not Islam. It has absolutely no place in Islam.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by zroth

I don't think that the U.S. needs "justification" for the continued occupation of Afghanistan. They will just keep being involved there because they can, not because they "need to be there".

Yes the US does need justification for the occupation. That country in no way attacked America we attacked them for no reason except for the war on terror lie. The constitution doesn't give us the right to invade another country just because we feel like it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Those woman are already dressed like a ninja assassin it is about time they started to act the part. The men would think twice when they started to wake up with body parts missing if they woke up at all.

I wonder if Lorena Bobbitt would be interested in a job training some women.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The U.S. should need justification for an occupation, but the truth is that the U.S. government thinks that they can do whatever they want, whenever they want and most of the time they get away with it. I wasn't saying that they don't need justification to what they are doing, they just don't seem to care if they have justification or not, and most of the time they will pollute the MSM with propaganda so they do have the justification, even if it is made up

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
I am a Muslim and like anyone else find this absolutely repulsive. Please do not blame the actions of some Muslims on Islam. There is a difference. Executing a woman for being raped is not Islam. Honor killing is not Islam. It has absolutely no place in Islam.

Ya know, I'd give you a 100 stars if I could for what you just said. Its true, but aside from that - here is the reason.

The news (and ATS) is full of stories about one group of people or another acting badly. Muslims, Christians, Democrats, Republicans, Police Officers, Politicians, etc.. Countless stories on ATS, the news, the media etc about people from all these groups doing or saying horrible things.

You know what is exceptionally rare? Someone from one of those groups standing up and saying, "What this person did was wrong and they do not represent me or my group!"

You just did that and that takes more courage, backbone and character than most people seem to have.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

You're right, and the saddest part is that these sort of rare incidents will only serve as propaganda in justifying our occupation there. To show that we still have an important mission to accomplish.

The campaign in Afghanistan will fail as miserably (or more so) than the Iraq campaign, yet America seems to have no qualms with that. No issues with us still being there. The end result will be the same whether we leave today, or five years from now.

There's no end game, no real exit strategy... For every "Taliban" we kill, two more rise.

I feel horrible for all the soldiers that have had to deploy there knowing how utterly pointless it is.

And about this execution? I'll be honest... It's not my country, not my business, I don't care.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

My question is, why was the man involved, be it rape or adultery, not executed? Is he just left free to do it all again in the future?

Not in this instance - from the link provided.

Both apparently had some kind of relationship with the woman, said Parwan province governor Abdul Basir Salangi.
"In order to save face," they accused her of adultery, Salangi said.
Then they "faked a court to decide about the fate of this woman and in one hour, they executed the woman," he added.
Both Taliban commanders were subsequently killed by a third Taliban commander, Salangi said

www.theindychannel.com...

Killing seems to be the solution to everything for The Taliban.

Hmm, so did the two Taliban commanders allow the third guy to kill them to save face since they had not only both had an affair with the woman but had subsequently faked up charges and killed her? Or were they executed having been found guilty, after an investigation by the 3rd Taliban commander? Though I guess they got what they deserved in the end. It is also rather a good lesson to anyone else who thinks they can do such a thing and get away with it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
For those that say "lets shoot and kill these backward idiots before they spread" let me remind you that most likely and historically your nation was as just barbaric as this once.
I'm in the US and I'm reminded of the Salem witch trails. Burning someone at the stake for just the mention of anything other than "Gods" word is just as bad as this.

Yes this is a horrible crime committed by backwards idiots but our beginnings were no different.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Islam: "The religion of peace" in action

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Everyone gets so emotional over things like this but no one cares about the millions of civilians we've killed in Iraq.

Brainwashed.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Taliban publicly execute a women? pffft, that's their culture, stay out of it, heed it no mind, they are not all like that,

I want to see everyone as profoundly apologetic on the next Christian bashing thread. The haters literally salivate every-time a Christian does something wrong.

Have a wonderful day.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Everyone gets so emotional over things like this but no one cares about the millions of civilians we've killed in Iraq.

Brainwashed.

Both are terrible, way to deflect.
typical.

So in light of the millions in Iraq, you have decided she means nothing?
edit on 043131p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Brainwashed.

The 'millions' died in war. This woman died because she was raped.

People die in war, normally. Sad but true.
People aren't normally executed for being the victim.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Having said that, the laws of another land are the laws of another land. They must be respected, good or bad.

If the woman committed adultery then the execution is just, based on their laws which she was aware of.

If she was simply executed for being raped, obviously that is wrong from any perspective.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Bibi Aesha, a symbol of the oppression
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

They must be respected,

I have no respect for them what so ever, for one, these women seldom get fair trials, if any.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Exactly!
I'll support dropping bombs indiscriminately in Afghanistan on people, innocent or not in order to get the people responsible as soon as we start dropping bombs on some bankster's heads that have done a million times more damage and destroyed many lives through their reckless criminal gambling games.

OH Wait, we are dropping bombs indiscriminately there! Where are the bombs for the banksters?
I have a hard time getting outraged over anything in any other countries, when we have plenty of criminals, monsters and thieves in high places in our government and those in bed with them such as the fascists Corporations and Financial Institutions that do not believe in capitalism when they have their hand out to serve them over the majority of the people in this country.

Originally posted by zroth

Originally posted by papazen
reply to post by zroth

What you mean we are being lied too!
so you mean we've had it wrong all the time? the Taliban are the good guys?
Why do we have to twist everything into a conspiracy, even it ends up defending raping radicals.
You really think that TPTB need to put out news like this to remind the world of how despicable these people are in order to continue their agenda. They dont even need to listen to the UN and enter any country at their own will

Yes we are lied to. Did I say the Taliban were the good guys? Every culture on the planet has its bad guys, including the USA. Should another country invade us to kill our bankers or gang bangers?

No conspiracy champ. How many American soldiers have been tried and/or released from service for raping the people we are allegedly helping?

Where is the requirement that a country must listen to the UN?

edit on 8-7-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
90 percent of Afghan women are victims of domestic abuse.

And it is always the woman's fault

youtu.be...

Never mind we must respect that.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I have no respect for them what so ever, for one, these women seldom get fair trials, if any.

I understand, but one must look at the bigger picture.

Not respecting other nations laws and customs is the main reason behind most of the world's problems.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I understand, but one must look at the bigger picture.

Not respecting other nations laws and customs is the main reason behind most of the world's problems.

I feel very passionate about this issue, being a victim of domestic violence myself, Someday, some thing will be done.

We continue to use the that's their culture card, I can't take it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join