It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban publicly execute woman for crime of being raped

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Kuwait can no longer be considered moderate Islam:

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

Women forced in burka's is the sign of their abuse.

And the religion OK's, lying to smooth over differences.

www.goddesslife.com...

Kuwaitis receive many government benefits in this oil rich nation, including 0% income tax, guaranteed employment, fully sponsored education and healthcare and a piece of the oil profits. It is an extremely affluent country and shopping is an integral part of their daily existence. There are hundreds of shopping malls in Kuwait City and the average woman has more designer clothes than I could wear in my lifetime. In this devout Muslim society, the woman's body is considered dangerous and women carry the heavy burden of protecting male honor. Every year women die at the hands of their fathers or brothers in so-called "honor killings" that wipe away the shame of a female relative's premarital or extramarital sex (or for simply not wearing a hijab in the recent case of 16-year-old Aqsa who was killed by her brother in Canada). So, after a full day of shopping, except in the presence of other women, they cover up their expensive designer threads with a full abaya.

So called moderation eh. Women protect men's honor and die at the hands of fathers and brothers.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
freethoughtblogs.com...

The Kuwaiti parliament yesterday passed a draft bill toughening the penalty against blasphemy to death, the state news agency reported. The parliament approved the draft by a majority of 40 lawmakers, with six opposing...

Moderate?

In Islam, if you are a rapist, it would take your confession or 4 men witnessing it to prove this. And the victim, without her assailant's confession, or the proof of 4 witnesses is then subject to honor killings and extreme punishments from flogging, imprisonment, honor killing and death.

This is quite disturbing read:

intlxpatr.wordpress.com...

www.arabtimesonline.com...

Just scratch the surface on what the apologists claim a little and a whole closetful of secrets leap out.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think I know my country better.

My 3 sisters go out every weekend with my mom without an Abaya. Sure, they where a burqa but guess what? Most of the women don’t. The ones in the malls at least.

You know honor killing was banned in Islam? Anyone who does it is not a Muslim in the eyes of God.

واذا الموءودة سئلت بأي ذنب قتلت

Not sure where I can find the English version :p

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by goh13

Its banned, not sure, since Imams have so much power in most places, not sure at all whether the word of parliament or the word of the Imam takes the most. But, those laws were passed. And they are not moderate.

And while I appreciate that many don't want to wear burka's and don't, that is good news, it just shows that there are good people everywhere, but the system is flawed. Theocracy and any form of fascism, gives power to the bullies and abusers, and their control systems, are sold as ethics and righteous, but they're just absolute primitive abuse of human rights.

Not to say this isn't over, because I feel we're all going to be in for a big surprise, and the NWO plans will be stopped mid course.

The people and their leaders are two different things.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
freethoughtblogs.com...

The Kuwaiti parliament yesterday passed a draft bill toughening the penalty against blasphemy to death, the state news agency reported. The parliament approved the draft by a majority of 40 lawmakers, with six opposing...

Moderate?

In Islam, if you are a rapist, it would take your confession or 4 men witnessing it to prove this. And the victim, without her assailant's confession, or the proof of 4 witnesses is then subject to honor killings and extreme punishments from flogging, imprisonment, honor killing and death.

Zena =/= Rape :/

You people never read anything about Islam, have you? Zena is when both a female and a male have sex without marrying each other. If that is done, then 4 men who saw them having sex will tell the court or the male AND female admit what they did with each other. It is very hard finding 4 guys watching you having sex :p

Anyway, they will be stoned to death. Harsh, I know.

RAPE, however, they will only kill the one who did it. Not the one who it was done upon him/her. I think this one is pretty fair.

EDIT: It appears that I have misread what you said. I better go google it and comeback with a better answer. Sorry.
edit on 10-7-2012 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

From Bellydance to Burqa - Teaching Bellydance in Kuwait

The most disgusting abuse I have ever seen, this is why all the rest occurs. THE DISAPPEARNCE OF WOMEN, THEY BECOME NOTHING, AND SUBJECT TO THE WHIMS OF THEIR LORDS AND MASTER.

Apologizing and trying to white wash what is going on, does not cut it with me or anyone who understands that in the 21st century it is nauseating, unbelievable that this is permitted in any corner of the globe!!!!!

Kuwaiti Political Activist Calls For Importation Of Slave Girls

Modern Slavery in Gulf Countries

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Women's Rights Now

What a shame, all of this, results in 2012, this:

Moderate Kuwait: Islamic MP forces hijab on all women

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am speechless. Yes, I can’t say anything. At least I am not running away, right?. I only watched the ones about Kuwaiti women and the bellydancer one.

Also, about the rape thing, you were partly right but now they use DNA to prove it because the old way was very bad at doing that.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by goh13

freethoughtblogs.com...

Moderate?

Zena =/= Rape :/

You people never read anything about Islam, have you? Zena is when both a female and a male have sex without marrying each other. If that is done, then 4 men who saw them having sex will tell the court or the male AND female admit what they did with each other. It is very hard finding 4 guys watching you having sex :p

RAPE, however, they will only kill the one who did it. Not the one who it was done upon him/her. I think this one is pretty fair.

EDIT: It appears that I have misread what you said. I better go google it and comeback with a better answer. Sorry.
edit on 10-7-2012 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

I think the people talking about 4 witnesses are refering to Islamic law in Islamic countries like Saudi and if I'm not mistaken this is true but it is not just 4 males it is 4 MUSLIM males see even a non muslim man doesn't count for anything under their law & like you said where are you going to find 4 Muslim men who witness a rape and then testify against their Muslim brother.
A woman can be gang raped for a week infront of thousands of women and christan men and the rapist will walk free.
You would have to define rape first cause in Muslim countries it like everything else Islamic has some broad interpretations.

If a woman doesn't scream loud enough (whats loud enough) is she still being raped or did she want it.
In any normal persons eyes yes, in the eyes of many Muslims NO.

Is the woman woman who is held down and forced to engage in sexual intercourse by the man chosen as her executioner after a imam has been called into marry them without her consent a rape victim?
In any normal persons eyes yes, in the eyes of many Muslims living under Islamic law in some Islamic countries NO.
Is the woman who refuses her husbands sexual advances only to have him forces himself on her a rape victim?
In any normal persons eyes yes, in the eyes of many Muslims NO.
Is the woman caught in her car with her cousin by religious police and broken under torture to confess the sexual abuse her uncle has put her through since she was a small child a rape victim?
In any normal persons eyes yes, in the eyes of many Muslims living under Islamic law in some Islamic countries NO.

Have a look at the case of the Australian woman who was working at a hotel in UAE or Saudi who was drugged & gang raped. Then when she went to the police for help she was arrested for ADULTRY and sentenced to prison. The Ozz consulate told her to keep her mouth shut serve her time and get out of the country cause speaking up would only cause her pain.
F%$&ing pathetic our leaders are cowards & we bend over backward for our allies maybe the US should have diverted that 5th fleet and presented some cruise ultimatums on her behalf.

So if you want to claim Islamic law in Islamic countries (which apparently has nothing to do with Islam) doesn't punish rape victims, then be specific what you think constitutes rape.
The young girl who I believe was in Iran who got up to get a glass of water in the night while her brother was left to look after her, she wasn't raped she had the nerve to not dress properly so how were her brothers friends supposed to contain their desires when a whore teases them like that.
They swung her from a crane in the middle of town for her part I can't remember the boys dancing beside her, and that was after they promised not to execute anymore underage kids.

So who is wrong the Islamic scholars, the clerics the Imams the Islamic law makers the religious police or the people who say I'm a Muslim and you don't know anything about Islam. If it's the first group maybe group 2 needs to talk to their religious leaders & Muslim brothers to educate them in the errors of their ways. Good luck with that though & may god have mercy on your soul.
edit on 11-7-2012 by WorkingClassMan because: Adding material

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by goh13

So on one hand you say that we should not judge muslims based on extremist minority just like not all christians are represented by a Westboro baptists, and on the other hand you say something like this? Because as far as I am concerned, this is at least just as bad as the Westboro baptists are.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Heart-rending face of protest: Woman scarred by acid attack joins protest march after Afghan woman was executed by Taliban for 'adultery'

www.dailymail.co.uk... ban-adultery.html

Mumtaz Bibi, a 16-year-old woman disfigured in a callous acid attack, led dozens of women in a street protest in Kabul today - sparked by the recent public gunning down of an Afghan woman accused of adultery.

The teenager's brave decision to join the march - despite herself being the victim of a vicious attack that has scarred her for life, at the hands of a man she refused to marry - served as a bold demonstration that women are desperate for change in a country rated among the worst for women's rights.

Gruesome video of the execution surfaced on July 8, showing the woman being shot multiple times by a man wielding an AK-47 in Parwan province, north of the Afghan capital. The gunman was encouraged by people who stood nearby, smiling and cheering.

The death of the woman, said to be 22-year-old named Najiba, set off a storm of international condemnation.

Except for some people on this forum.

Looking to the world: Mumtaz Bibi, 16, was disfigured in an acid attack by a man she refused to marry

Mumtaz looking to the world for help, forum members saying, meh, that's your culture, get over it.

i.dailymail.co.uk...

Notice the banner

International community where is the protection and justice for Afghan women.
edit on 113131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrishJihad

I think you are being a little reactionary here. Let's say, hypothetically, we have a law here/in your country that says that adultery is punishable by 10 years in jail, and in a different country they say that 10 years is way to harsh and that it should only be a fine or community service. What gives that other country the right to come in to our/your country and tell us/you to change the law or how to run the country? This also works the other way round btw, other countries suddenly making our laws more strict / bringing in new laws, which is becoming the case a lot lately (from EU to UK)

Now before you jump up and down on the 'that's just what Hitler did' trampoline, the people Hitler punished/killed/exterminated were not all criminals, they were just of a different religion. It is not a crime to be of a different religion so what he did was indeed wrong. He also was trying to take over other countries in his pursuit of power which is a criminal act in itself. This is not the same scenario as the OP.

With the subject of the OP if you know that the country you live in has a particular punishment for breaking whatever law it is, and you knowingly go ahead and break that law, then you will indeed get that punishment and we have no right to say much about it. Much like people in our own countries who break the law when they know the possible consequences. However, in this instance the two men were the real criminals and as I said before, I do not agree with the woman being executed.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The heartlessness is not normal. Either intensely programmed zombi's or SHILLS, IMO. And they will be very sorry for what they've said,one day. We are shown every metaphorical bottle of wine we left corked and untasted, and every opportunity to help that was not done and its outcome.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Well I did read about it and that the woman had been seeing two different men, though not sure if they were at the same time. Certainly both men ended up knowing about each other at some point and were in a love triangle/fight about it. Did they not execute her to save disgrace with their families? And finally another military man killed them both for it? Was all rather complicated if I remember.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

What gives that other country the right to come in to our/your country and tell us/you to change the law or how to run the country?

If the law violates basic human rights, then common human decency and empathy gives them that right, and international law also gives international community that right in this case.

But we can turn the question around. What gives a country the right to do whatever it wants to its citizens?

It should be only in extreme circumstances that national sovereignity is breached, but there is absolutely no reason why we should turn national sovereignity into any kind of a holy cow. Its just another line on the map, after all.
edit on 12/7/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

What gives that other country the right to come in to our/your country and tell us/you to change the law or how to run the country?

If the law violates basic human rights, then common human decency and empathy gives them that right, and international law also gives international community that right in this case.

But we can turn the question around. What gives a country the right to do whatever it wants to its citizens?

It should be only in extreme circumstances that national sovereignity is breached, but there is absolutely no reason why we should turn national sovereignity into any kind of a holy cow. Its just another line on the map, after all.
edit on 12/7/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

Yes that is very true. That is why we have different levels of law. Local/Regional/National/International. And yes that is the way it is supposed to work, but sadly this is not the case because even countries who are shouting from the rooftops about other counties breaking international human rights laws often the ones breaking those very laws themselves.

Yes there has to be a balance however if you are a thief and you go to a country where the law is you will get your hand chopped off if you are caught stealing something (regardless of how anti-human rights that law is/seems to the rest of the planet), then it is your responsibility to not steal anything, or indeed not get caught because you know what is coming to you if you do.

There are a LOT of laws/punishments that I do not agree on, some because they are not severe enough (especially in rape/child abuse/murder/torture cases) and some because they are too harsh for the crime/misdemeanor (taking pictures of the police whilst they are beating the hell out of a woman) and these laws are in our western society who is all for human rights around the world.

Have you ever wondered if some countries laws perhaps did not start off so harsh but gradually became more and more brutal because they had a crime problem that was just not stopping and the only way to make criminals sit up and take note was to make the punishment really scary? And then who stops the criminal gangs when that law is deemed too harsh and is over ruled by another country who does not have the same out of control criminals and thus no real understanding of that other countries problems? Now I am not defending these regimes/laws I am just looking at this from a more outside perspective.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Kuwait can no longer be considered moderate Islam:

Women forced in burka's is the sign of their abuse.

And the religion OK's, lying to smooth over differences.

www.goddesslife.com...

Kuwaitis receive many government benefits in this oil rich nation, including 0% income tax, guaranteed employment, fully sponsored education and healthcare and a piece of the oil profits. It is an extremely affluent country and shopping is an integral part of their daily existence. There are hundreds of shopping malls in Kuwait City and the average woman has more designer clothes than I could wear in my lifetime. In this devout Muslim society, the woman's body is considered dangerous and women carry the heavy burden of protecting male honor. Every year women die at the hands of their fathers or brothers in so-called "honor killings" that wipe away the shame of a female relative's premarital or extramarital sex (or for simply not wearing a hijab in the recent case of 16-year-old Aqsa who was killed by her brother in Canada). So, after a full day of shopping, except in the presence of other women, they cover up their expensive designer threads with a full abaya.

So called moderation eh. Women protect men's honor and die at the hands of fathers and brothers.

What if a women wants to wear an abaya? What if a women is not abused and is still muslim? How come you look at them minority? My sisters have never wore an abaya or burqa in front of me or my parents. And there is nothing in Islam about killing women for honour.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The slavery in Gulf Countries was interesting too. You do know that most expats in the Middle East who work as 'slaves' come from Muslim families?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

reply to post by WorkingClassMan

Do Muslims Chop off your hands in ISLAM? TheDeenshow

He actually implies its human nature. What would you do to someone who broke in, you'd hack him to pieces. Islam is much more civil, only takes his hand.

Those laws were set up a long time ago. I'm pretty sure that was what would have happened to thieves a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm sick of these things happening, people living there need to wake the heck up.
After all,if another country tries to help or "help", criticism comes. So it's up to them, the people.
If it hasn't stopped is because they dont care.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join