It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban publicly execute woman for crime of being raped

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Kabul: In a shocking incident, Taliban publicly executed an Afghan woman. The onlookers from the village cheered and enjoyed her execution.

The said Afghan woman was accused of adultery and her crime was that she was either raped or she was in love with someone.

Video of the execution shows cruel, barbaric and inhumane practice of religion with men enjoying her killing.

Taliban publicly execute woman for crime of being raped

Video: Taliban Shoot Woman As Men Cheer

A shot rings out, but the burqa-clad woman sitting on the rocky ground does not respond.

The man pointing a rifle at her from a few feet away lets loose another round, but still there is no reaction.

He fires a third shot, and finally the woman slumps backwards.

But the man fires another shot.

And another. And another.

Nine shots in all.

Around him, dozens of men on a hillside cheer: "God is great!"

Taliban Shoot Woman as Men Cheer

This is absolutely crazy! There isn't words to explain how terrible this is...if the reports are true that is. If she truly is being punished for being raped, then this is just terribly wrong. I don't know what else to say.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't want to read the article, because it will only instill in me a fury and thirst for vengeance that I cannot possibly sate. But I don't think I need to tell anyone on this forum how wrong it is to execute someone for this kind of reason. Typical of taliban mindset, and reading it makes me glad we have soldiers in A-Stan shooting the motherf's...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yeah but everybody gets really upset if we blow them up and sing By By miss America Pie at the same time .

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
Yeah but everybody gets really upset if we blow them up and sing By By miss America Pie at the same time .

So you KNOW it was the Taliban in the incident you are referring to?
Do share....
Whatever - two wrongs don't make a right.
American military and their brain dead gung ho attitude have probably been more responsible for UK military deaths than the local 'insurgents' themselves.
edit on 8-7-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

No need to nit pick with the typical pretentious ATS attitude . If they were taliban.or shmaliman. innocent or guilty is irrelevant to what I am saying and the point that I am making and you know that very well , so stay on topic
edit on 8-7-2012 by papazen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The said Afghan woman was accused of adultery and her crime was that she was

either raped or she was in love with someone

Typical MSM abusive reporting. Where are the facts?

Is loving someone the same as rape? Which one was it?

Is it sad that she was killed, of course.

What is the purpose of this article? Justification for a continued occupation, of course.

The MSM and our propagandist government PR department are RAPING the minds of America and rendering them useless. It is no different that taking the bullet in the head, other than we live in a lobotomized state and act better than the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I don't think that the U.S. needs "justification" for the continued occupation of Afghanistan. They will just keep being involved there because they can, not because they "need to be there".

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Religion of Peace

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

True. Lithium and Opium are why we are there.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If it is the law of the land to be executed for committing adultery, as much as I think that is the wrong punishment, it is their law and not mine. Being punished for being a rape victim is wrong regardless of local laws in my book.

My question is, why was the man involved, be it rape or adultery, not executed? Is he just left free to do it all again in the future?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

What you mean we are being lied too!
so you mean we've had it wrong all the time? the Taliban are the good guys?
Why do we have to twist everything into a conspiracy, even it ends up defending raping radicals.
You really think that TPTB need to put out news like this to remind the world of how despicable these people are in order to continue their agenda. They dont even need to listen to the UN and enter any country at their own will

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Muslim apologist: "well, she shouldn't have left the house without her husband or blood relative"
Antisemetic know it all: "Clearly just propaganda to stir up public support for the next war on a muslim nation"
Any rational person: "This is incredibly horrible, and it shows how backwards these people really are."

At least you get shot in private if your spouse suspects you of cheating in the U.S....

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I completely agree, I do think that lithium is the main reason the U.S. is there now. There is lithium in the U.S. and many other countries, but there is no good way to extract it that will meet EPA and other enviromental guidelines economically. So instead, the U.S. will just completely destroy other countries.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

When are these women going to band together and fight back?

Stephen Kings Dolores Claiborne ... Words of wisdom scene.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Wow and Canada just pledged 227million dollars to Afghanistan
ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I just wish all those taliban machos would wake up the next morning and realise they have become overnight ... women.
Then of course, to be slowly raped and swiftly executed.
One pound of flesh. No more, no less.
And I would love to be there, recording their wailings while cowardly begging for their useless, putrid lives.

edit on 8-7-2012 by trisvonbis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

My question is, why was the man involved, be it rape or adultery, not executed? Is he just left free to do it all again in the future?

Not in this instance - from the link provided.

Both apparently had some kind of relationship with the woman, said Parwan province governor Abdul Basir Salangi.
"In order to save face," they accused her of adultery, Salangi said.
Then they "faked a court to decide about the fate of this woman and in one hour, they executed the woman," he added.
Both Taliban commanders were subsequently killed by a third Taliban commander, Salangi said

www.theindychannel.com...

Killing seems to be the solution to everything for The Taliban.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

They do public executions like this to scare the women into submission, and it has been like this for a while, so probably not any time soon. After you see your neighbor get shot in the head with a cheering crowd of men I assume you learn to live with limited rights and find the upside to the situation.

Gotta be a glass half full kind of person to put on a burqa everyday.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
reply to post by zroth

What you mean we are being lied too!
so you mean we've had it wrong all the time? the Taliban are the good guys?
Why do we have to twist everything into a conspiracy, even it ends up defending raping radicals.
You really think that TPTB need to put out news like this to remind the world of how despicable these people are in order to continue their agenda. They dont even need to listen to the UN and enter any country at their own will

Yes we are lied to. Did I say the Taliban were the good guys? Every culture on the planet has its bad guys, including the USA. Should another country invade us to kill our bankers or gang bangers?

No conspiracy champ. How many American soldiers have been tried and/or released from service for raping the people we are allegedly helping?

Where is the requirement that a country must listen to the UN?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I gave up trying to post anything about islam and their laws.
A woman is raped and it is her fault,not the man's fault.The
middle eastern men seem to hate their women and abuse them
all the time.Their actions speak louder than words.
I now know someone who was married to a muslim for 13 years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join