It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I (probably) saved a young Boy from a phedophile and got arrested for it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Let me get this straight. You find a 6-8 year old boy sitting alone by a tree. You intend to ask where his parents are because you are concerned that he is by himself and it is getting dark. When someone else comes up and asks where the boy's parents are and suggests he go with him ( probably because it was getting dark and the boy was by himself), you jump out from around a corner and beat the crap out of him.

That's funny, the OP didn't say that the other person asked where the little boy's parents were. He said that the man asked the little boy where he was going next and if he wanted to go with him for a while.

After reading this reply and others, it seems obvious to me that a person shouldn't even ask the boy to come with them to find their parents or anyone else. At that point it appears as though the only good option would be to call 911 and remain right where they are until the police can get there to straighten it out.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Actually, he did state this in the OP.

He stopped at the kid and asked him what his name was and where his parents are (I was nearly there at this moment)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i actuly think you got off easy! try that in america and you would put on a watchlist and branded as a vigilante
not to mention charged with assault and battery with intent to kill or mame

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

If I were the father of that boy I would march my son down there (whether you were right or wrong) and thank you personally! Even if you were wrong the boy obviously from your story didn't know this guy that was trying to get him to come with him.

I can understand the police being unsure. But it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to a matter like this. You could have been reading about that boy the next day in the newspaper, or seen his parents crying on the news, had you done nothing. You would have never forgiven yourself. WAY TO GO! I have all the respect in the world for you and I hope you are around if someone ever approaches my daughter!

God bless you my friend!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think your concern for this child's safety is commendable. But I think you handled it in a wrong way though. When you saw this guy on the bike start talking to the kid. Why didn't you just join the man on the bike in offering the boy some help? Why did you decide to take some stealth spy approach to this?

Once you became suspicious of this guy you could have taken a direct approach instead of hiding behind a corner. You jumping out from behind that corner would have startled and scared anyone. Especially if you had an aggressive tone in your voice and look on your face.

Your decision didn't help the boy find his way home. It landed you in jail and the guy on the bike still got away. You may have attacked an innocent person. If he was guilty he got away with it anyway. If you had taken a direct approach the guy might have left still but you would be sure the boy got home safe and you wouldn't have gone to jail. You could have reported the guy if he left and the situation would have had a much better outcome in the end.

Your decision to take the law into your own hands is wrong. It's vigilante justice and you could have been mistaken about this guy on the bikes intentions. I don't fault you for caring. You obviously had good intentions. But you have no way of knowing now whether this kid ended up with the guy on the bike or not. The boy and the guy disappeared while you were being held and arrested.

Next time you want to be a hero, make you sure you save the victim first. Then worry about catching the bad guy second. Your blind fury may have led this boy into more danger than he was in from the beginning.
edit on 7/8/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So basically this guy just seemed guilty so you beat him up without even trying to see if all he was doing was just trying to help the kid find his parents.

Yeah, you're such a hero.

I hope you get jail time and learn not to assume that just because a person looks a certain way doesn't mean they are that way.
edit on 8-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I commend you.

You did the right thing - to the best of your ability - at the time.

I would go to jail a million times to save a child. I would be happy knowing I did what I thought was right, and not care what anyone else thinks.

You can make yourself crazy thinking maybe you should have done it differently, but hindsight is 20/20 and in my mind its enough that you did anything.

Kudos

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I would go to jail a million times to save a child.

The only problem is that he didn't save the child. The child disappeared while he was being held. For all we know the child might have been abducted by the guy and is locked in a basement somewhere right now.

I don't think he did the right thing at all. It was a stupid rush to judgement using force and violence. Instead of thinking about the proper way to handle the situation using his brain and following the law.

In the end he helped no one and ended up in jail. How stupid is that?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think the right thing would not to have lost your cool, though I do applaud you for caring, if that is indeed how it all went down.

You decided to go ask the boy some questions yourself first ?

You could have prevented anything from happening by simply stepping up if the boy decided to go, and tell him "never go with strangers..where is your mom and dad?", and proceed to call for help for him as well.

By calling authorities with a description of this dude, they would see his bike, and perhaps be able to prevent the event of the next kid he would go up to.

So, wondering, how did the police end up arresting you, and he got away?

Where did it take place?

edit on 8-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by SibylofErythrae

Same to you. You weren´t there. Its easy to jump on a bandwagon. I would like to see you in that situation.
You make fun out of me writing that. That´s really disgusting and disrespectful towards me.

At least you are right with your last point about the family approach!
edit on 8-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

Actually, I believe that if someone sets off your instincts that they are up to no-good....they are probably up to no-good.

I might suggest that a smoother approach might make you less scary to the person you are trying to help. One thing you might want to consider is that pedophiles are good at seeming innocuous and safe. If you come off like an enraged bear, you might drive a child towards the safe seeming predator.

Just something to think about.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

It is a strange world when children out playing makes people terrified.

I guess you've been fortunate enough not to have a stranger stop his vehicle, get out and then approach your child while they were playing in a fenced in yard. So, no, a parent shouldn't take their eyes off of a child that age for even a moment, regardless of where they are playing.

Incorrect. A couple of freaks tried to take my oldest out of the car by the hair when she was six.

My childhood was largely without adult supervision at the best of times. I was exposed to all sorts, from predators to saints of many calibers and varieties. I have a much clearer idea of the dangers than most.

However, I did get to PLAY. Something children are being protected by being suppressed.

Instead of dealing with the problems, society is protecting predators from being dealt with and suppressing people who don't deserve it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Actually, I believe that if someone sets off your instincts that they are up to no-good....they are probably up to no-good.

Thats correct, and perhaps the person who was on the bike felt the same way about the op, and thats why he followed him on his bike,after watching him watch the kid, then approach.

When the op backed away behind the screen, maybe to see if this was the parent, and hears the conversation about asking about the parents, and then , "maybe you would like to come with me", he didn't realize the man on the bike was trying to protect the kid as well.

There are two ways to look at this story, and we are only getting one version.

I think its great if he cared enough about a child alone, but someone else could have been caring as well.

I still want to know where the cop came from that arrested him? Somebody must have been watching this go down from a distance, so we have a few versions left out of the equation.

Really sorry about what happened to your child. Was it a bystander who helped or did they get scared away by the screaming?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

She ducked down, and rolled the window up so that the woman's hand couldn't get her. She later said that she didn't know why the guy was staring so hard at the tree - what she meant is that the guy of the pair was sitting in the car intently watching the whole thing in the mirror, behind which was a tree. She knew to watch the guy of the pair even if the woman was the one doing the work, even if she didn't know that she knew. They gave up. Subsequently, the guy of the pair tried picking up another girl in a similar situation a couple of days later, when the mother was taking another one of her children into gymnastics. He didn't get caught for that one either.

While I'm still quite horrified that this happened when I was just inside the store which was faced in windows, I'm still quite proud of her calm manner in dealing with it.

reply to post by Deetermined

www.gavindebecker.com...

Good book.
edit on 8-7-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
On the flip side of the spectrum:

Two days ago, a4 year old boy wandered off from his yard. His family was going door to door in the neighborhood looking for him.

Within 10 or 15 minutes there were at least 20-30 adults (including me) scouring the 'hood for this little guy. Fortunately he was found safe a few blocks away, rollin along on his trike.

So thankfully for every scumbag perv out there, there's still way more good guys!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
it is so true ... I frequently see lost children crying in malls etc. but I am far too wary to ever approach them unless I am with other people.
If possible I try asking passers by if they know the child or get a female shop member to assist. Usually a female takes pity and children are less intimidated by a strange woman.

In a another situation, late at night, where a guy was slapping a young teen girl around (other teens watching), I just parked nearby and hooted and flashed my lights. The last thing they want is the attention that I attracted to their little corner of hell.
I have not had to directly intervene (the last resort) as I know my own temper could lead to the situation (or worse) like you found yourself in.

In this sick world I go out of my way to avoid contact (alone) with children because of this kind of thing. The thing is, kids seem to adore me (they are like cats - they more u ignore them, the more they climb all over you) and my 2 nieces are cute girls who love me to bits (I think because I look like a scary bouncer but I never talk down to them or be anything more than their uncle who they can feel safe with while showing their assorted scraped knees or elbows - usually a bit of attention and a kiss on the top of their head and off they go again happy as the day is long.

Unfortunately I look at anyone who show just a bit too much interest or who get too touchy feely with immediate suspicion. My son is 16 now and my protectiveness still extends to him at his age.

Does it ever end?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The kid was probably a vampire waiting for a kill. You owe that kid a meal! The story reminded me of Let the Right One In. But in all seriousness, you probably saved the kid. I liked the spy approach. Now that you are a vigilante hero, you need a name. I suggest Uberman, or The German Batman. Maybe Cornerman. Kidney-Puncher. You get the idea.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

So you saw this other man, who could have been an uncle or friend of the family for all you know. Who you thought was acting suspiciously yet in fact could have feared for the safety of the child from you as he saw you approaching the child, you were pissed, then you hid round the corner, pounced out on him, punched him and wrestled him to the ground?

I'm not surprised you spent a night in jail.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You did the right thing, and you won't get in trouble because that guy won't dare show up - he knows what he was trying to do, he won't chance it. Next time don't get caught in the bike so you can escape...

There is so much male on male pedophilia it is rampant, we only hear about so few of the cases. Here in the US we have the Sandusky sports scandal, and you know only a fraction of the victims came forward in that case.

Then there's the Catholic Priest scandal, and the never reported rampant sex abuse in Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I did not read responses yet but I have news.
I´m working at home at the moment and two hours ago I got a call to come to the police station.
So I went there and the boy and his mother were awaiting me already.

The kid is 8 years old and he sneaked to find his father in one of the beer tends but did not find him. So after his story, he wanted to wait for his father at the tree because he had fears to come home to the mother and thought if he comes with his dad its not so bad as to come home alone. Well kids think that way it seems.
However, I pretty scared the boy and he came home in tears, told the mother what happened.
Btw, his name is "Janick".

They were already at the station this morning after the mother read the article in the local newspaper and so she went to police with him to clear the issue. Janick told the Police Commissioner that the stranger had promised him sweets and a RC "buggy" if he comes with him. He also told him to bring him home afterwards and that he knows his dad and that he is at a house near his (the strangers) home. (this was a lie but I come to that later).

Because the Police Commissioner was suspicious, reading my statement I gave on sunday morning before I was released, he asked Janick to help with creating a phantom picture. His dad was there too at the morning and he must have said that he doesn´t know anyone looking like that.

But back to what happened when I walked into the station. I already thought, my god, now you´re in trouble after seeing the mothers look in the eyes. I was ashamed of my behavior and avoided to cross her eyes at the moment. After stepping in completely and closing the door, the kid ran towards me and I was totally confused until he hugged my chest and broke out in tears. The mother then came towards me and thanked me for my help, she broke out in tears, too but she was lucky seeing me. So I couldn´t help myself and got some wet eyes too. I will not go into more details but she thanked my very much, we exchanced telephone numbers. She even said she will pay me the shirt (she saw the picture they took on sunday morning of me, still in the bloody tshirt) but I said its ok to her.

Now the police is searching for him and will issue an article with a photo of the bike, his phantom picture together with the picture I helped creating to get information from the public if someone knows him. The reason why will not be printed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join