It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Lucifer our Friend?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've got the Buddha-type voice in my head now. "Are you Christian?" So I think "Nope", then "Well, why are you arguing?"

I guess I just like to explore diferent ways of looking at western religion because I think there's a lot of it that's got errors in it. I shouldn't really, but on the offchance that any of it helps even get a decent debate going I just try sometimes.

edit : 1 more flag and I hit 666.

Of all the threads I've made it has to be this one!
edit on 8-7-2012 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yes, it's so easy to read ~ begat this, thy that.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The IRS is always there to help?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by jhill76

I would recommend a different translation then. NIV, NKJV, are better than the thy, and etc.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Tell me why God made stuff so difficult to understand!

Because He didn't want people to find Him with a minimal amount of effort. He is a seeker and wants to be found by seekers.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

He said "ye are gods" (lower case g) because man was given the ability to create souls with reproduction. He never implied we were eternal Gods (capital G). We are not Elohyim.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Start with John. Get into the begats when you've got the 101-level stuff down pat.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

He said "ye are gods" (lower case g) because man was given the ability to create souls with reproduction. He never implied we were eternal Gods (capital G). We are not Elohyim.

Fair enough if you think that, I think he was meaning that we're all equal and at the source can be exactly what he was. If you don't think that I can understand how you can't see things as equal too I suppose. Not saying you're wrong, just that I don't agree.

I think this might be relevant to a lot of what's being said here too :

Originally posted by BlueMule
I would agree that exoteric Christianity is baby food for spiritual children. I wish they would grow up already and move on to the solid food of esoteric Christian mysticism.

"I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able."

1 Corinthians 3:2

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks to whoever gave flag number 666 too.

edit on 8-7-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I am wondering if Jesus had some good friends...(in high places with connections)...and after he was nailed to the cross and given vinegar on a sponge mixed in that was a drug...and after a time he appeared dead...he was taken to the tomb...and rescued from the tomb..went into hiding...and then he appeared again among the disciples and they were able to touch him again...he said his goodbyes...and then by ship went to another country to live and died of natural causes later on in life.

As for Lucifer being our friend...I have no idea...but it is an interesting theory.

edit on 8-7-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

We are all equal as humans, but we were not first causes. God is. Everything after that is a part of creation.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

We are all equal as humans, but we were not first causes. God is. Everything after that is a part of creation.

I can understand what you mean. At the same time though I think our essence is the same thing, and that any of us has the opportunity to return to being equal to God if we're able to do that. That we come from God, and that any of us can become that again, in a similar way that a kid who's equal as a being to an adult, can grow up to become an adult. (it's just that we're so deluded it's very rare we do actually grow up properly. We don't naturally progress like we should do any more.) So yeah, we're not currently equal, again, in mindset, but we can be. The chances are small with the way things are, but I think it can be done.
edit on 8-7-2012 by robhines because: typo

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by jhill76

I am wondering if Jesus had some good friends...(in high places with connections)...and after he was nailed to the cross and given vinegar on a sponge mixed in that was a drug...and after a time he appeared dead...he was taken to the tomb...and rescued from the tomb..went into hiding...and then he appeared again among the disciples and they were able to touch him again...he said his goodbyes...and then by ship went to another country to live and died of natural causes later on in life.

As for Lucifer being our friend...I have no idea...but it is an interesting theory.

edit on 8-7-2012 by caladonea because: add more

OK, so he was whipped with a whip embedded with sharp metal and bone pieces until you could see his bones both from the front and back.

They beat Him and hammered a wreath of thorns onto his head with sticks.

They tore out his beard and hair.

After the beatings, the comment from onlookers was that He was hardly identifiable as a human being.

He was nailed to a cross (a torturous killing machine) by Roman soldiers who had likely killed hundreds in the same manner.

His side was pierced by a soldiers spear to see if He was really dead. To quote the bible, "Water and then blood came out". This indicated that the blood had separated and was beginning to clot. He was quite definitely dead by then and had been for some time.

... and you think He took all this enormous risk just to deceive his followers?

Why, then, didn't He finish the job? Raise a mob of religious zealots and take control? Enjoy his position of Godhood and live the high life enthroned amongst His believers?

Why did he appear a few times and then 'choof' off to Heaven in a cloud (in full view of many people)?

edit on 8/7/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

"No one comes to the Father but through me" (There is only one way.. Sorry)

And thus the very reason I can not call myself a Christian. I like the teachings of Jesus, but I don't believe he is the only way, and I don't believe any God worth worshiping would damn 80% of the world to hell (plus I don't believe in hell anyway.)

I don't believe in Redemption period. According to your belief, a person can be horrible their whole life, wrong everybody they know, rape and murder, and as long as they find Christ and ask forgiveness before they die, they are forgiven, whereas another person can spend their entire life doing good works, but be a Hindu or a Buddhist, and end up in Hell? Makes no sense to me. Its a great book, with great teachings, but I'll never call myself a Christian.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I hope when you knelt for the second time that you asked for God's forgiveness for the blasphemy, if you didn't, you may not have received your answers from God, but from Satan....again.

I'm not worried, there is no Satan.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If you want to say that God is responsible for evil because he created Satan and created free will, then yes he's responsible for all of it, but he chooses not to override free will and allows evil to happen in order that people will turn to Him willingly, not forcefully. God will never force anyone to follow Him.

But Christians want to believe in miracles. They think God does intercede. There is no free will if God is picking and choosing who he saves from atrocities, and who he just lets die. He does override free will if you believe in miracles.

Personally, I don't think God does intercede, but I also don't think God created Satan purposefully to lead men astray.

There is no such thing as Satan, that much I'm sure of, but if there is a Lucifer, then I kind of like the guy. He stood up to God, stands up for mankind, teaches men they have the power to become Gods and they don't have to be victims of a wrathful God. I've never read anything about Lucifer that says he is evil. Satan, yes, but then Satan is imaginary anyway. If God and Lucifer are real, they are two halves of the same coin, and we are a grand experiment, or a wager, or pawns in a game. I personally don't believe that is the case.

I think there is only one Supreme Deity, that has many incarnations, and it observes our lives and tries to guide us to experience the things we chose to experience before volunteering for this carnal existence. All the religions are correct, and all the religions are incomplete. And that includes Luciferianism.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

He does miracles because of someone's prayer.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Those thoughts I stated are some things I am wondering about. I addressed those comments to the member (jhill76). I am waiting for what he has to say.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

I can understand what you mean. At the same time though I think our essence is the same thing, and that any of us has the opportunity to return to being equal to God if we're able to do that. That we come from God, and that any of us can become that again, in a similar way that a kid who's equal as a being to an adult, can grow up to become an adult. (it's just that we're so deluded it's very rare we do actually grow up properly. We don't naturally progress like we should do any more.) So yeah, we're not currently equal, again, in mindset, but we can be. The chances are small with the way things are, but I think it can be done.
edit on 8-7-2012 by robhines because: typo

To you realize that was satan's lie to Eve in the garden? "Ye can be gods"

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by chr0naut

Those thoughts I stated are some things I am wondering about. I addressed those comments to the member (jhill76). I am waiting for what he has to say.

I will respond, I am left wondering, why you asked me?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I hope when you knelt for the second time that you asked for God's forgiveness for the blasphemy, if you didn't, you may not have received your answers from God, but from Satan....again.

I'm not worried, there is no Satan.

Come on our side and start being a threat to his kingdom and you'll quickly change your mind. He doesn't go to war where there are no spoils. He doesn't attack those who he already has.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join