It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Lucifer our Friend?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Jesus made the statement.

Understood, but the question still stands. Could Jesus have been given a vision of what was to come, and assumed it was in the middle of the earth, but in reality it was a tomb?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Jesus made the statement.

Understood, but the question still stands. Could Jesus have been given a vision of what was to come, and assumed it was in the middle of the earth, but in reality it was a tomb?

He was God incarnate. He knew exactly where He was going and what His mission was at all times. He had direct communion with Father unimpeded by sin.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

He was God incarnate. He knew exactly where He was going and what His mission was at all times. He had direct communion with Father unimpeded by sin.

I am not saying he didn't. I am asking, is it possible he was told/vision/taken ahead, etc. and assumed it was the middle of the earth, or a cave. But, he only saw the inside and it was a tomb above ground on the outside.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

What? I don't understand what you're asking. Are you trying to say that Jesus witnessed to everyone in Sheol from the tomb and only thought he went to the middle of the earth?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I am not saying he didn't. I am asking, is it possible he was told/vision/taken ahead, etc. and assumed it was the middle of the earth, or a cave. But, he only saw the inside and it was a tomb above ground on the outside.

As absurdly precise as He was everywhere else I doubt He had a momentary brain fart. But anything is possible. Paul also mentions what Christ did for those 3 days in the Earth.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

What? I don't understand what you're asking. Are you trying to say that Jesus witnessed to everyone in Sheol from the tomb and only thought he went to the middle of the earth?

Not at all. From the verse you pointed out:

40) For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

I am asking, could Jesus have foresaw this, and said it was in the middle of the earth, because he was shown it from the inside in which he will be laid. But, he didn't see the outside, only the inside. So, he said the body will be in the middle of the Earth.
edit on 8-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I am asking, could Jesus have foresaw this, and said it was in the middle of the earth, because he was shown it from the inside in which he will be laid. But, he didn't see the outside, only the inside.

Once Jesus' spirit left his body, wouldn't he be able to determine for certain where he was before relaying it to his disciples? I think so. Now I could understand what you were saying if Jesus remained in his physical body, but he was in the spirit.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Once Jesus' spirit left his body, wouldn't he be able to determine for certain where he was before relaying it to his disciples? I think so. Now I could understand what you were saying if Jesus remained in his physical body, but he was in the spirit.

When Jesus stated this to his disciples, he was in the physical still and had not died yet. I am not sure what you mean. Could you clarify?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Go back to the book of Jonah and tell me from where Jonah's soul cried out to God from. His body was in the fish, his soul was NOT. That's the key.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jhill76

Go back to the book of Jonah and tell me from where Jonah's soul cried out to God from. His body was in the fish, his soul was NOT. That's the key.

Exactly, I am only speaking of the body, not the spirit. Maybe I am not clear enough in my speech.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Exactly, I am only speaking of the body, not the spirit. Maybe I am not clear enough in my speech.

His body was in the fish, his soul/spirit cried out to God from Hell. (Jonah 2:2) Most people don't realize Jonah died and the fish merely preserved his body so that it didn't see "corruption" (decay).

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

His body was in the fish, his soul/spirit cried out to God from Hell.

This is why I asked. I am asking, could he have relayed to the others that his body will be in the middle of the earth? (The Tomb)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Ahhhhh , i see what you are saying. I had to re-read your post several times to finally wrap my head around it. Gah completely went over my head some how.

edit on 8-7-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I've heard this theory before but i don't think it makes much sense.

If God and Lucifer are on the same page and the elites are his agents to scare us into believing in God and his ways,then surely its pointless to follow them.What is the point in scaring someone into believing something and then think everything is ok? surely everything in Gods plan would be hanging on by a thread if his creation were forced into it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Ait this was written on facebook or something.
"That guy is a dickhead"
"Who? the devil?"
"Yea"
"Well yes #¤##.."

"Actually, the devil gave humans critical thinking, which God didn't want. He wanted us to not eat from the tree of knowledge of whateverthehell so we could basically be thought-slaves for eternity, but the devil did us a favor and turned the tables there with a single conversation.
Also, the devil killed a grand total of 10 people in the bible, while god killed somewhere around 2.3 million. He undestands human nature, but doesn't judge you for being human.
He accepts God's unwanted children unconditionally.
And still, he's the dickhead. Why? because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's our silent guardian, a watchful protector.

A dark knight.

Personally i think if the devil is real, and god is real... That theyre working together!

This is the human experience, for good or worse... We are FANTASTIC imaginative beings... almost everything we considered science fiction 40 years ago is a reality today... Our dreams - thoughts - imagination = might turn out to be real one day... Maybe its all just a place were we can do w/e we want... Maybe its all just a figment of our imagination
for gathering experiences.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Wouldn't one have to know Christ before they could emulate him? Wouldn't that require some relationship building along the way?

Correct. But, did Jesus ever say accept me as savior or perish? I see this was stated by the other writers, but not him. I want to know how others feel, about it's not the only way, as the other poster raised.

"But he (Jesus) continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he you will indeed die in your sins.” John 8:23

"No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life." John 3:13-15

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

This is why I asked. I am asking, could he have relayed to the others that his body will be in the middle of the earth? (The Tomb)

"Middle of the Earth" is a Hebraism for Sheol/Hades/Hell.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

"But he (Jesus) continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he you will indeed die in your sins.” John 8:23

Belief that Father sent him, yes. But, it still does not address the question.

"No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life." John 3:13-15

Yes, believe all that he has said. It still does not address my question.

He still did not say, you have to confess that I am Lord and Savior to all to be accepted into heaven. He said, believe in my words, live like me, believe that I come from above, and you will be rewarded.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Ahhhhh , i see what you are saying. I had to re-read your post several times to finally wrap my head around it. Gah completely went over my head some how.

edit on 8-7-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Lol, no worries. I don't even understand the words I say sometimes till later on.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

"Middle of the Earth" is a Hebraism for Sheol/Hades/Hell.

So, we agree that he was talking about Spirit and not the body?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join