It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Lucifer our Friend?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Wouldn't one have to know Christ before they could emulate him? Wouldn't that require some relationship building along the way?

Correct. But, did Jesus ever say accept me as savior or perish? I see this was stated by the other writers, but not him. I want to know how others feel, about it's not the only way, as the other poster raised.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

John 10:9-10

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

JHill76, do you mind giving me your interpretation of this scripture and whether or not it was Jesus who spoke it?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

My question stands as not to discount, but to see other viewpoints. Please don't take it as my stance on a subject.

But, it still stands, he could have meant I am the door, I am the way to heaven. But, he did not say, confess me as your Lord and savior, or perish.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

okay..., why would the devil punish someone for all eternity because they lied cheated and stole their whole life?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Jesus and the devil are not "equals".

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Just throwing this out for thought:

John 3:16

16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Now I guess it's up to each individual to decide whether or not this means just believing in God, just believing in Jesus, or whether it takes believing that God sent Jesus to die in order for us all to have everlasting life.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Now I guess it's up to each individual to decide whether or not this means just believing in God, just believing in Jesus, or whether it takes believing that God sent Jesus to die in order for us all to have everlasting life.

Yes, for many, this would be tricky. Each has their own interpretation.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God loved the world so much that all of the people that lived before Jesus are in hell because they didn't know about Jesus and could therefore not believe he is the son of God?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

God loved the world so much that all of the people that lived before Jesus are in hell because they didn't know about Jesus and could therefore not believe he is the son of God?

What if the verse meant believe in God?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

What if the verse meant believe in God?

What about all the Romans and Greeks that believed in multiple Gods before Jesus? Are they all in hell?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Are they all in hell?

No one has been cast into hell as of yet, this takes place later. Hell is currently empty.

What about all the Romans and Greeks that believed in multiple Gods before Jesus?

What if they are brought back during the tribulation, to make their choice?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317

reply to post by jhill76

Who do you think He ministered to when He descended into Sheol? The righteous dead before Christ were in Abraham's bosom and the unrighteous dead were in torments. The two separated by a great chasm.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Matthew 12:40

40) For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Many believe that this verse states that Jesus spent three days and three nights in the heart of the earth witnessing to all who died before him and before he resurrected and reappeared on earth in his heavenily body.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

40) For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Could this have meant, his body was dead for three days?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

But His body wasn't in the heart of the Earth, but a tomb above ground.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I see. What if the writer saw this tomb, and thought it was a cave, and wrote it, from a vision?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

I see. What if the writer saw this tomb, and thought it was a cave, and wrote it, from a vision?

Jesus made the statement.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yes, his body could have been dead for those three days, but we know his spirit was not.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Yes, his body could have been dead for those three days, but we know his spirit was not.

This is very correct, he did many things in the spirit at this time. Thus why I said body.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Catalyst317

reply to post by jhill76

Who do you think He ministered to when He descended into Sheol? The righteous dead before Christ were in Abraham's bosom and the unrighteous dead were in torments. The two separated by a great chasm.

This is an argument that even that Catholic Church does not agree on amongst it's members. Some believe it and some don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join