It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Lucifer our Friend?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
reply to post by semperfortis

Deuteronomy 23. Whats up with the racism? And whats wrong with a man whose peener is missing? And what does burying your poop have to do with god? ok you can ignore the last one. But this chapter truly strikes me as being written by an evil person, not god

These were viewpoints of man about God. Father did not give this to them to write.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I now submit to your train of thought, I must now drop to my knees, and be thankful for this messenger, this divine messenger. She showed herself to me one day in 1978, and I was inspired. Ill leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No need to discredit it, it has some wonderful teachings, and one can't really go wrong living by the morals in the Bible. I wouldn't fault anyone for doing so, that is unless they become aggressive or fanatical like the Westboro people, or mount some kind of crusade. If one follows the morals in the Bible in their own life, then they will be a wonderful person, and they will find God.

BUT, it isn't the only way.

Faith is powerful, and one with extreme faith can do miraculous things. I love the stories of Stonewall Jackson. Apparently the reason he was confident sitting up tall on his horse on the frontlines of battle was his extreme faith. They say when asked how he was able to sit there like a stone wall, he would reply, "God has already chosen the time and place of my death, what do I have to fear?"

BUT, blind faith can be dangerous, many people have been as bold as Jackson, and ended up dead. Others have refused to act on their own behalves, or ignored common sense that God provided. So, while I admire Faith, God would not want us to rely totally on faith, he gave us brains and motivations for a reason.

The point of this life is to experience it, and learn, and evolve, it isn't just to try and get through it, accept redemption, and hurry up and get to heaven. That wouldn't make any sense at all. We have to live this life to the fullest, both the good, and the bad.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If I could give you a hundred Stars and flags I would.
The fact that you have so few is very telling.

I am sure you have read the Thread by Hidden Hand which outlines this idea very clearly.
This is the ONLY way for ME to make sense of anything going on in this world.
It answers EVERY question for me and is an idea I would bet my life in.

So, YES.
What people call Lucifer ultimately loves us more than we love ourselves and is willing to incurr thousands of years of Karmic debt in order to give us an evolutionary nudge by causing tremendous suffering on the planet that HE was GIVEN dominion over to do just that.

That very idea is enough to totally shut down any and all logical thought and send most people into an emotion fueled tirade.

The plan has worked well.
We are blind.
As well it should be.
If the word ever got out that our "Enemy" loves us more than we love ourselves then the Evolutionary project would be over. This is all necessary for our own good.

So........Love thine enemy.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

So, YES.
What people call Lucifer ultimately loves us more than we love ourselves and is willing to incurr thousands of years of Karmic debt in order to give us an evolutionary nudge by causing tremendous suffering on the planet that HE was GIVEN dominion over to do just that.
Once again, the male dominance thing.

Yes, yes, yes, everyone wants to make God out a male and in charge of everything. But what if, God had a secretary who he admired, trusted, and loved more than all the rest. What role would this secretary play in a male dominated world?

The level of love and trust that is a female reveals itself. No mans love can last as long,. as a woman's. I'm afraid you are witnessing one of the oldest love affairs of all time being played out all over the world.

I submit to you, Lucifer, is a female at heart, not a male. The intensity and level of love reveals this.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
reply to post by Screwed

So, YES.
Once again, the male dominance thing.

Yes, yes, yes, everyone wants to make God out a male and in charge of everything. But what if, God had a secretary who he admired, trusted, and loved more than all the rest. What role would this secretary play in a male dominated world?

The level of love and trust that is a female reveals itself. No mans love can last as long,. as a woman's. I'm afraid you are witnessing one of the oldest love affairs of all time being played out all over the world.

I submit to you, Lucifer, is a female at heart, not a male. The intensity and level of love reveals this.

Huh???
God has a secretary now? How do you know this "secretary" is female? That's a bit sexiest. Also, No man's love can last as long as a womans? WHAT??? So, my mother will love me longer than my father?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

Yes. He never really wanted you anyway, but your Mom pressured him. Deal with it.

She has a point in her post, people often presume God is male, or "he" and Satan and Lucifer are both male, so who is fighting for the women? And we all know the experienced secretary or paralegal is really the one running the business, the male figurehead is just there for networking and confidence building, and occasional risk-taking. We'd be better off if our God's were female.

I tried hard to never say "he," but I just went back and re-read, and one or two slipped in there. It is difficult to not call god "he" or "father" or something along those lines, but when we skin our knees, we usually run to Momma, not Dad.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Father will not let this go on for much longer. At times, he will step back and see how man does on his own. But, moving forward, he will be taking a more active role. All will experience death, but it is man who puts the weight on the how.

Seems more than a tad unfair that good loving people like myself will be wiped out either by God or be allowed to be wiped out by Satan or The Elite or whomever just because a load of nasty power hungry dudes can't get enough. This is why I have trouble believing in religion.

If no evil was present, how could you appreciate the good without the bad?

Well there is bad and there is bad to allow you to compare what is good. There is 'stub your toe on the foot of the heater on the way to the bathroom in the dark' kinda bad or 'feeling really ill with flu or something' kinda bad, or 'being homeless' kinda bad. They all will let you appreciate good things. But there is the more over the top kinda bad like your child getting non curable cancer or seeing your child raped and tortured in front of you by an occupying military force just for their gratification and fun. We don't really need the extra bad stuff to make us appreciate the good we have in life. Well at least I don't!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

LOL I knew my dad always had it in for me. That would explain why, when ever I did something wrong and he was telling my mother about it, he would say, "you want to know what YOUR son did?"

I think that people refer to God as a he just because it is easier and when the bible was written, men dominated pretty much everything so God was just referred to as "he". I don't believe God is a man or a woman. "It" (?) is an entity. No gender.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317

LOL I knew my dad always had it in for me. That would explain why, when ever I did something wrong and he was telling my mother about it, he would say, "you want to know what YOUR son did?"

I think that people refer to God as a he just because it is easier and when the bible was written, men dominated pretty much everything so God was just referred to as "he". I don't believe God is a man or a woman. "It" (?) is an entity. No gender.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)
I think your right, before the big splitting up. unisex is kind of creepy, dont you think?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Deetermined

Logic is circular talk?

It can be. See, even Autowrench accused me of speaking in circular logic. Let's face it, logic alone can't explain everything that we've witnessed in life, not to mention that which we haven't witnessed.

Is God omnipotent, omnipresent, and timeless, or isn't it?

If it is, then Satan is impossible, if it isn't, then God is limited, weak, small.

Yes, God is all of those things, but that doesn't mean that Satan is impossible or that God is limited. It just means that God allows Satan to exercise his free will, just like he allows you to exercise yours.

For those that believe in God, we have free will, but we choose not to exercise it. We try to align our will with God's will. In the end, everyone is free to choose whether they want to align their will with God's will or Satan's will. You can sit there and logically say that you choose not to do either, but then you're only deceiving yourself.

So which is it? Is your God responsible for all the evil as well as the good, or is your God small, limited, and weak? That is not circular.

If you want to say that God is responsible for evil because he created Satan and created free will, then yes he's responsible for all of it, but he chooses not to override free will and allows evil to happen in order that people will turn to Him willingly, not forcefully. God will never force anyone to follow Him.

I've spoken to God, and God has told me that to describe it, or speak for it, or try to understand it in my human terms is to limit it.

That's Satan deceiving you into thinking that God is the one talking to you. God doesn't expect you to know everything, but He at least expects you to try.

Most religions do not allow their God to be named, or drawn, or represented in any way, because as soon as we do, we humanize it, and limit it, and we cease to understand the very nature of a true god. As soon as you presume to know anything about God, or describe it in any way, or try to understand or assign any motivations for the way things are the way they are, as soon as you even attempt it, you have become farther from God.

Humans do have a way of trying to limit and humanize everything because of our own limited abilities, but that's no excuse to do nothing. As soon as you do nothing or give up trying to figure it out, that's when you become further from God. Satan doesn't want you to even think about the fact that there could be a God.

Just accept and experience this life, don't limit yourself, and don't limit God. At least that's what I was told when I asked.

It sounds to me like you're the one limiting yourself. Obviously, you weren't speaking to God when you asked. That's why people need to wake up to the realization that Satan and evil exists. It's not just in man's mind or hearts. It is a real and dangerous spirit force that will tempt mankind into destroying themselves before you can attempt to try and understand the truth.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

You might have fun reading the Urantia book or the sort of ideas the guy at planetaryhq.com write. It is a view that says we seceded from the universe... not rebelled... and that Lucifer is part of the "good guys" in disguise strategy.

It is fun to explore the possibilities.

Namaste

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There is no free will. We are all subject to the puppetmaster's whims.

Separate that voice in your head into the good and the bad. He speaks to us constantly.

But don't mind me. I'm nuts.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If you have a few minutes, this is one of my favorite short stories involving God. It's called "The Egg".

The Egg

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I also had a scary experience with God while I knelt at an altar, in a completely dark room, just after midnight on one of my worst nights. Not a spot of light anywhere, and I was arguing, and blaspheming, and asking for a sign, and next thing I knew the floor rolled toward me like a wave in the ocean, and it threw me to my feet, and instinctively I turned to run, but then my consciousness told me I was being stupid and overreacting, so I turned back toward the altar, and when I did, a black wall of just heavy thickness struck me and took my breath away and shoved me on to the door. I stepped outside, and panicked for a second or two, and then I decided I had come there for God's attention, and now that I had it, I wasn't giving up that easy, and I walked back into the room, and I knelt again, and I thanked God for the opportunity to have this discussion, and I asked my questions more respectfully, and I got my answers.

Sorry, but God doesn't respond when you're arguing and using blasphemy against Him. However, it does appear that He allowed Satan to intercede since these are all tactics that Satan uses.

I hope when you knelt for the second time that you asked for God's forgiveness for the blasphemy, if you didn't, you may not have received your answers from God, but from Satan....again.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

If you ask me a question that is not leading, I will gladly answer

Semper

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

BUT, it isn't the only way.

"No one comes to the Father but through me" (There is only one way.. Sorry)

Now many religions consider Jesus to "NOT" be the son of God.. Just a good man or a valued prophet..

That is inherently WRONG and easily proven

Jesus was either the Son of God and God on earth, or the biggest liar that has ever lived. Can not be anything but one of those two as he said he was Gods Son.. Several times

Semper

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Merely a question. I am neither against or for.

"No one comes to the Father but through me" (There is only one way.. Sorry)

Could it have meant, one must emulate Christ in order to go to heaven.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

"No one comes to the Father but through me"

Seems a little greedy to me.

So, if I talk to God, Jesus is the operator? Have I got that right?
edit on 7/8/2012 by aaaiii because: ?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Could it have meant, one must emulate Christ in order to go to heaven.

Wouldn't one have to know Christ before they could emulate him? Wouldn't that require some relationship building along the way?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join