It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Lucifer our Friend?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's not what it says. It never suggests that you serve the Father, it DEMANDS that you serve the Father. Suggestion implies the ability to diverge with impunity. According to the Bible, this isn't possible.

So deserving has a certain lack of command. Require, now...that's the word to use.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gLuEBoY

No... YHVH in paleo-Hebrew means "behold the nail, behold the hand" or in other words:

"Behold the nailed hand". YHVH is the Father. "Lucy" is just a formerly anointed cherub who got tossed out for pride and rebellion.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

That's not what it says. It never suggests that you serve the Father, it DEMANDS that you serve the Father. Suggestion implies the ability to diverge with impunity. According to the Bible, this isn't possible.

So deserving has a certain lack of command. Require, now...that's the word to use.

To me that's like Him demanding I breathe. I don't consider things I love to do "demands". Worship means "showing worth/venerating". He's so worthy to me for just what He has done for me already in Christ. I'm eternally grateful.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

LoL... The word Worship means " To work for " We where created as a slave species to mine gold ..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

reply to post by jhill76

Actually, there is a single line in the Bible that states that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are all one.

Unfortunately, it was added years too late to be convincing.

These are conclusions drawn from what was said. Jesus said me and the Father are one, because when he was here, that is what they were. The Holy Spirit is one with God, because it it his spirit. Of course, people will tie all three together, because of their own conclusions about what is written.

Adam - Man
Seth - Appointed
Enosh – Mortal
Kenan – Sorrow
Mahalalel – The blessed God
Jared – Shall come down
Enoch – Teaching
Methuselah – His death shall bring
Lamech – Despairing
Noah – Comfort and rest

Put those name meanings into a complete sentence and you get: Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow, (but) the blessed God shall come down teaching. His death shall bring (the) despairing comfort and rest

This should end all arguments....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

That can be taken so many ways. What is a god, even? Until we can define the term "god", we don't even know who it's talking about.

Yes, man is appointed the sorrow of mortality. Most of our problems stem from a fear of mortality.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

GOD = The Annunaki . Aliens from the planet Nibiru

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gLuEBoY

Oh really? Is that a unanimously agreed-upon definition?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

.. If you studied it Im sure you would come to that conclusion as well..

It really makes a hell of alot more since than some dude flying around with his sceptor creating planets. Or him being some lame bright light .. Or , REPENTING like GOD does in Genesis.. When he made a mistake.

LoL .. GOD is supposed to be perfect .. He doenst make mistakes.

The Bible is full of Deception

Start with the Sumerian Tablets and you'll see
edit on 10-7-2012 by gLuEBoY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gLuEBoY

Not really. My conclusions are a little more in-depth than agreeing with conspiracy theories because they sound cool and aren't flat-out idiotic.
edit on 10-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

LoL.. I mean no disrespect .. But wouldnt it be wise to cultivate multiple options?

So you can discern ALL theorys?

And you say an Idiotic theory?.. LoL This is a very mainstream theory.. Im not making it up

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gLuEBoY

My beliefs ARE cultivated from multiple opinions.
Thus, my problems with Christianity, which holds that only one view is correct.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well , I have problems with Christianity also.. I think it is Deception unparraleld .

However , Keep cultivating.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I don't have my research here with me, but I clearly remember that the line was entered at a later date. By whom, I cannot recall.

Additionally, the Ruach, otherwise known as the spirit of God, literally translates to "wind" and cannot be construed as having any personality. Therefore, a third of the Trinity is not a person. Is this intentional?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by Deetermined

Actually, there is a single line in the Bible that states that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are all one.

The same reason too that people were told to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Another question: Is baptism required? Or, is it just an outward showing of Faith?

If you are talking Catholicism, yes it is a "requirement". Let me be clear - anyone can enter a Catholic church for service. It's "required" if you yourself want to consider yourself part of the Catholic faith. So is "confirmation", being able to properly receive communion, and penance (confession). Many devout Christians also believe that receiving last rights (where a priest prays over your dead or dying body) is also a necessity. This is partly why you will often see priests in hospitals. Anointing of the Sick is another sacrament, as is Holy Matrimony.

And not to start up dust, but the whole Holy Matrimony thing is why so many Catholics are against gay marriage. They believe without a shadow of a doubt that because getting married is such a sacred occasion, it should only be performed for a man marrying a woman. That gays won't simply accept civil unions further angers them, because they feel gays are purposely hijacking what for them is again - a Holy Sacrament.

Maybe you can already guess - I am a "recovering Catholic". I was totally into this as a child but as I started to get into science, history, news, and just a thirst for knowledge, the more I experienced that stuff - the more I couldn't justify what I was told to blindly believe in. That said I would not trade the 12 years of Catholic schooling I had for anything because I know I am 10 times better off education-wise than the kid that went to the public school down the street. Plus we only had "religion" as a class for 1 period a day. Don't get some goofy idea that this is all we were taught - it was a fraction of the school day.

As with almost anything else, the private school systems can do so much more in terms of actually teaching than public school systems can at a fraction of the cost. In my county, 50 cents of every tax dollar goes to public schools. Crazy - especially given the way kids can't speak or spell properly here.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

I started to worry there at the beginning of your post. Good to hear that you got out of that whole cult mind.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gLuEBoY

LoL... The word Worship means " To work for " We where created as a slave species to mine gold ..

Worship = worth + ship

To ascribe worth to, to venerate

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by WhoKnows100

That can be taken so many ways. What is a god, even? Until we can define the term "god", we don't even know who it's talking about.

Yes, man is appointed the sorrow of mortality. Most of our problems stem from a fear of mortality.

Can you offer an explanation to why the Christian gospel is encoded in the genealogy of Adam in the Torah?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Honestly, I have no idea, expect that it was put there. Not hard when you are working from the ground up.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by gLuEBoY

My beliefs ARE cultivated from multiple opinions.
Thus, my problems with Christianity, which holds that only one view is correct.

Well, no offense, but we wouldn't be Christians if we didn't believe what Jesus said. And exclusivity isn't unique to Christianity.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join