It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lives lost after rescue plea denied

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by pheonix358

I'm sick and tired of xenophobic people whining on here about refugees this, immigrants that. It's an act that's beyond stale.

As another poster said, if it were 200 Australians, you'd be memorializing every single one of them.

Refugees are people too and certainly not sub-human.

The people who bitch, moan, attack, kill, maim refugees are the REAL animals! If you were a political refugee, wouldn't it piss you off if someone compared YOU to an animal?

No one did any of that, and Australia did absolutely nothing wrong - how many ships do you think hte Aussies have in Indonesian waters? How many ships do you think Indonesia has in Indonesian waters??

Australia did not kill anyone - they passed the distress call to the responsible agency who were closest to the scene.

As I have already said - if Indonesia wanted Australian help they could have called for it?

WTF has this got to do with aboriginal land rights??
And the fact that Australia would kick up a hell of a fuss over Indonesian incompetence if Australians were killed is irrelevant - that is what the nation these people were citizens of should do - where were they from - Afghanistan? Iraq? Where are those governments complaining about the Indonesian failure?

This place is supposed to be about denying ignorance - not celebrating it!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Originally posted by pillock

Lives lost after rescue plea denied

www.stuff.co.nz

Australian authorities refused to co-ordinate the search and rescue for the asylum seeker boat known as the Barokah, which sank in December killing about 200 people, despite pleas for help from Indonesia.

Documents obtained by The Sun-Herald under freedom of information reveal that Australia's maritime authority told Indonesia's search and rescue agency that it was up to them to lead the mission into the maritime tragedy, which resulted in the biggest loss of life since the SIEV X in 2001 in which 353 people drowned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Firstly we have no obligation to help this was in INDONESIAN WATERS!!! Nothing to do with Australia.

And secondly, they are not asylum seekers if they were they would stay in the many numerous countries they pass through to get here. For example, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Indonesia are all safe havens yet they aren't staying there.
They are nothing more than economic refugees wanting to live with the white man, NO.

Dude calm down , did you not see my comment after the post ?

This is a situation that any government would struggle to formulate a plan to contain the thousands of illegal people trying to breach their borders . I really feel sorry for Australia , they are spending many millions of $ trying to sift through thousands of so called refugees to weed out he genuine from the fake .
Then i said

I think the Indonesian government should start a hard ass / take no prisoners approach to these scumbag human traffickers so boat owners will be to scared to take the risk of being caught.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
The saddest thing about this thread is that 200 people died, and you've seemingly reduced them to sub-Human, without mentioning them, the loss of life, the tragedy of it.

If this were 200 Australians there would be memorial ceremonies, moments of silence, TV images of Australians weeping in the streets.

But because they're asylum seekers they're not worthy of even feeling sorrow for.

I love Australia, I have family living there. But for a country whose youth is perhaps the most worldly on the planet, traveling the globe as a way of life, the nation can really be a sickening example of xenophobia and isolationism.

i dont think you understand what is going on here.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ok as an Australian, who pays rent bills etc I kinda feel ripped that when these guys come in get free homing, education, medical etc. It wouldnt bother me it we where treated as the same.

These Russian Roulette players know this hence they take a chance, to me its Darwinism at its best.

and to the comments about we would hold memorials if it was Austrailians doing the same thing I would guarantee no related Aussie would care for their act of stupidity.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The saddest thing about this thread is that 200 people died, and you've seemingly reduced them to sub-Human, without mentioning them, the loss of life, the tragedy of it.

If this were 200 Australians there would be memorial ceremonies, moments of silence, TV images of Australians weeping in the streets.

But because they're asylum seekers they're not worthy of even feeling sorrow for.

I love Australia, I have family living there. But for a country whose youth is perhaps the most worldly on the planet, traveling the globe as a way of life, the nation can really be a sickening example of xenophobia and isolationism.

Mind you, the exact same can be said for any other country put in the same situation!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

EXACTLY!!! They are not Australians therefore we don't have to mourn for them, in fact what does Australia have to do with it at all? This happenened in Indonesia....

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
I am very much in favor of a strict immigration control, but this is not the right way at all. They should have rescued them, and then deported them.

Yes you are right the Indonesians should have rescued them,

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

Great post pravda, and I'd be proud to call you an Aussie and yes most of us would agree with you. Its as simple as this "SEND THEM BACK". They are not Australian citizens therefore they do not get the same treatment.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
Personally i don't give a flying *$%k who or what government you are....Stop putting borders before people....Who the heck is Australia anyways...a blooming former penal colony that ousted the native population and have the gull to call it their own....Listen to the aboriginals...the land belongs to no one....simple as that.

Time for people to take back mother earth from the enslavers of mankind....no one single country has any right to have borders...Remove all the borders so people can start to be just that...PEOPLE.

Maybe the shoe might be on the other foot when countries start to become invaded and your families have to flee tyranny and maybe you too can be abandon at sea in some sort of sinking boat.

The Assuies forget where they come from ....but don't worry it is not just the Aussies...it is all conquering nations...All people seem to think they have a right to some part of this planet....We all enter this plane of existence naked...we do not choose where we are born ....we do not choose whose government rules us....we are born into it....

what just happened is Australia decided to just murder 200 people that is what has occurred...they are not black...they are not asian...they are not indonesian they are nothing more than people.

Other than that...move along...nothing to see here....just another 200 human lives laid to waste.....maybe they could not have been saved...but not to try is murder.

Just because your crappy UK is a cold wet sh*thole doesn't mean you can feel jealous and try to bring down my country with words.

Uhh Australia was built by white slaves, unlike you British who used black, asian, arab slaves. AND we built it into a modern 1st world country in less then 200 years. Most countries are thousands of years old and they still have dirt roads..

Australia murdered these people? Really? Because last I checked this happenened in Indonesian waters, and the Indonesians did not ask us for our help..

Go away with your anti-Australian rhetoric you racist!!!
edit on 9-7-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Do some research on crime rates on new arrivals.

I would love to help true refugees and Australia takes in many every year.

These 'jump the line' boat people with no ID and an awful lot of money don,t belong in this country. You want them you take them. They can never explain where their wealth comes from and of course - it all gone now, no more money.

I used to work for a state housing authority. You should see how fast these poor refugees can buy 1/4 Million $ properties when they are 'settled.'

P

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i havent read all the posts in this thread as my blood was boiling after just two pages. the ill informed comments of some are just mind blowing.

first of all...these people are not assylum seekers. they are ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. and if you think im wrong im sorry but you are just plain bloody stupid, uneducated on the issue and an idiot.

second. WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE. there are billions of people around the world who would love to come here. compare where they are living..earning $2 a month and then tell them go to australia, beautiful beaches, great lifestyle and they give you money, smokes, housing, furniture, phone cards to call home and let them know you have arrived...its true...and come on over. so go on. tell me WHO IS THE LAST WE LET IN...you know it all is it number 59403 or 678453 or 9876705.

and lastly...if you feel so sorry for these people, put some money in an envelope and send it on over here. help US out. the amount of tax i am paying over a lifetime of work will NEVER cover the cost of one illegal immigrant who comes over here, gets the handouts, is refused entry and then uses our money to fight it in court for the next 4 years. so go on....im sticking my hand out now and asking for help....go on you pathetic bleeding heart....send me money. whats that i hear you say, im being greedy wanting more...WELL THEN TELL ME WHATS THE DIFFERENCE.

it is now beyond a joke. they are getting in boats, they are not even leaving indonesian waters when the family already here are making phone calls and saying the boats in trouble send the navy. we are a bloody TAXI SERVICE NOW.

i look forward to hearing the EXACT number who we let in and when WE THE PEOPLE have the permission to say ENOUGH.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join