It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘New Gestapo’? Maine Gov. Blasts Massive Expansion of IRS Agents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If you can't afford healthcare, Government will buy it for you.

They're not telling you to buy if whether or not you can afford it.

They just want to make sure that you're not selling your home to cover medical costs should something happen to you.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
If you can't afford healthcare, Government will buy it for you.

They're not telling you to buy if whether or not you can afford it.

This is just wrong on so many levels that I barely know where to start.
First: The "Government" will not buy it for you. They will take money from others in order to subsidize your insurance. The government has no income of it's own. They only have what they take from other, productive, citizens.

They are, in fact, TELLING you that you MUST buy it or face confiscation of even more of your hard earned money. Whether with your own money or with money stolen from others, you WILL participate in this commercial activity or be punished for failing to do so.

They just want to make sure that you're not selling your home to cover medical costs should something happen to you.

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or go into an uncontrollable rage at this statement. I want to laugh at your apparent naivete. I want to weep for the dumbing down of our citizenry. I get enraged at the thought that you might actually believe that this is about helping the people.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

It isn't about republicans or democrats. They both want to enslave us. This is not about bammy or bommy. They are both servants of their corporate masters. This is about the government taking even more power and liberty away from us. The R's and D's are just the heads and tails of the same coin. They are not working for us or against each other. Why won't you people wake up?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What I find so ironic is that people alway are blasting the private sector for greed but never make mention if the true greed in this country which is that of the federal government. At this point in time it is now so damn greedy its recruiting a bunch of thugs to come out and grab your ankles, hold you up side down, then shake you upside down to see what falls out of your pockets.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
What I find so ironic is that people alway are blasting the private sector for greed but never make mention if the true greed in this country which is that of the federal government. At this point in time it is now so damn greedy its recruiting a bunch of thugs to come out and grab your ankles, hold you up side down, then shake you upside down to see what falls out of your pockets.
While I agree with your thoughts to a degree, keep in mind that the money we are being shaken down for will end up in the accounts of private corporations anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Who then in turn contribute millions to politicians.

The greedy politicians really dont have to work for what they get. They just legislate and regulate and the corporations fall in line and the small businesses that cant pony up the "protection money" go under.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Who then in turn contribute millions to politicians.

The greedy politicians really dont have to work for what they get. They just legislate and regulate and the corporations fall in line and the small businesses that cant pony up the "protection money" go under.

This is the truth. We must break this vicious cycle before it is too late.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I find it odd that the Obamacare bill included no provisions to cap the costs of medical procedures, it included no provisions for neighborhood clinics, it included no provisions to cap costs of medicines. It included no provisions to cap the costs of Medical Schooling. It does nothing about making medicine more affordable for those who cannot afford it now. But strangely enough it provides for thousands of IRSSS troopers to extort money out of American Citizens.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I find it odd that the Obamacare bill included no provisions to cap the costs of medical procedures, it included no provisions for neighborhood clinics, it included no provisions to cap costs of medicines. It included no provisions to cap the costs of Medical Schooling. It does nothing about making medicine more affordable for those who cannot afford it now. But strangely enough it provides for thousands of IRSSS troopers to extort money out of American Citizens.
I don't find it odd at all.

This monstrosity has nothing to do with helping people. It is about helping corporations and grabbing ever more power.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Uhmmmm the whole point of that video is to show that they are ALL the same.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Sadly he is right and I applaud the use of Nazi terms of Gestapo when it comes to forcing people, After all people have short memories once upon the time that is how the IRS used to behave until some rules were enforced to stop their abuse of power over the tax payers.

Well I wonder who is going to control them now under the new mandate.

Still is hope this whole issue is not done yet.

Now remember the worst thing is a corporate dictatorship with Gestapo enforcers

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

That is because those behind the bill were not for the people and by the people but big pharma and insurance companies.

This same problem is now facing the Massachusetts healthcare, because is not provisions for controlling cost and affordable treatments the state was facing bankruptcy now the state when it try to control the corrupted insurance companies because the people were complaining, the insurance companies are suing because nothing say in the original bill that the state can do that, just like Obamacare.

How about we the people suing the government for the monstrosity been ram up our arses now call Obamacare.
we are a free nation why we have to be forced by anything speically from our suppousely free govenrment by the people and from the people.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Again, no. The Gestapo were responsible for the imprisonment and murder of tens of thousands, if not hundreds fo thousands of political dissidents. You can make all sorts of reasonable objections to the SCOTUS ruling in relation to the ACCA, but to compare it to Nazi Germany is high school level hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Again, no. The Gestapo were responsible for the imprisonment and murder of tens of thousands, if not hundreds fo thousands of political dissidents. You can make all sorts of reasonable objections to the SCOTUS ruling in relation to the ACCA, but to compare it to Nazi Germany is high school level hyperbole.

Do you have anything else to add, or are you just going to repeat yourself? It's a figure of speech, it is referring to a strong-arm style of government.

He never referenced "gas chambers", or "rounding-up of dissidents". I think it's you who needs to get his head straight, because you're the only one furthering "hyperbole" non-stop while others continue to discuss the subject in a more critical fashion. You just have a bone to pick.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Do you have anything else to add, or are you just going to repeat yourself? It's a figure of speech, it is referring to a strong-arm style of government.

He never referenced "gas chambers", or "rounding-up of dissidents". I think it's you who needs to get his head straight, because you're the only one furthering "hyperbole" non-stop while others continue to discuss the subject in a more critical fashion. You just have a bone to pick.

I'll keep saying it if people keep making the comparison, especially since the OP is built around it.

And, no, it is not being used as a figure of speech. If you will read the posts, people are making a comparison. They are saying this is comparable to what the Nazis did. It's nonsense.

Intelligent people make reasonable critiques. People with no reasonable critique compare something they dislike to the nazis.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

The people with gripes are using the Gestapo as a metaphor. Their real gripe is the abuse of power and the ability of the government to force you into buying corporate product at the threat of IRS government agents.

That is the gripe. YOU are the one getting stuck on the Gestapo nonsense. As much as they censor *everything* on this site, one of the Prime targets need to be people who just repeat themselves every 3 posts. YOU are the one obfuscating.
edit on 8-7-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I back you up 100% is all about figurative speech, but trying to explain that littler concept to some with already set up mind is something that I have learn here in ATS no to even dare to attempt.

Life have a way to teach the unbelievable the truth, it just a matter of time.

edit on 8-7-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Just think the amount of money Americans would save if we went digital with politics and accounting and with political figures, wall street and some agencies, then we could have everything ran through a main data hub and we could accomplish so much more, instead of playing this paper chase game where people can hide their tracks more easily. Just saying there should be a computer system and progrAM that can be more efficient and life saving than the ways we have set!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

New??? Where have you been? Irwin Schiff, Peter Schiff's father has been fighting this domestic terror group for decades:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join