It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're 'crazy', you are sane; otherwise, insane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It's simple. We are living in a crazy world. If you're one of those people who is happy and content right now, over the state of goings on in the USA or around the world, you are crazy and deserve to have your head complimentarily banged against the nearest wall. You don't need anti-depressants, you need to realize that you have a reason to feel like #$&T, and that it needs to be dealt with, not ignored and masked with drugs.

On the other hand, if you are quite upset about things, and prefer not to stick your head in the sand and pretend things are okay if you 'just stay positive,' please congratulate yourself for being in touch with the world. You are a rare gem.

The majority around us seem to be out of touch with the world. They might hear bad news but brush it off. Something might sound very suspicious, but they will ignore it. This is called forcing your mind into a delusional state, by ignoring critical events and subjects.

If you're not interested in investigating for yourself events like 9/11 after you see 3 buildings collapse when only 2 were hit with planes, you are a threat to the safety of this country!

I am really fed up with the people around me in my 'real life' who refuse to even acknowledge certain subjects. I post news items on FB that get zero attention, but if I post pictures of home-baked lasagna I made, someone comments!!! I see the most comments going to things like, someone's kid getting ribbons for her farm animal, or pictures from a time they went ice skating. Are you living in a freakin' bubble? Hello? Anyone home?

This is part of what makes life so surreal to me. People are posting pictures of things going on, and in the pictures, they're smiling, saying they're getting ready for their vacation, and how despite the weather reports, they'll keep a positive attitude. How about you have a realistic attitude? Maybe your rosy glasses are the problem. You can't see straight if you only care to see what makes you happy!

This is the kind of stuff we're dealing with. People want to live in a fantasy world, and anyone not willing to live in that fantasy, is considered 'crazy' or 'out there'! No ma'am! That's you!

It's like up is down, and down is up; war is peace, peace is war -- a mental pole shift of sorts. I swear I am the one who has my head screwed on straight of the people I know personally, but the majority of people would tell me I'm the one with a problem who maybe just needs to relax. Someone take me outta here before I lose, my, mind around all these crazy people...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This is why I haven't been on FaceBook for ages. You can't use it for intelligent debates, since everyone's in their own 'filter bubble' of receiving only the content that interests them - about 75% of the posts don't become threads, they just have a few 'likes'. FB also seems to have turned more into a photo-sharing site lately.
edit on 8-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
You must accept that you can only control you. I think it's important to find a balance between that fantasy world they live in and the... Alternate one seen here, else you will go insane for real. I know how you feel though because I've been there.

Oh, and get off Facebook - They cannot be saved. I have a few people close to me who are lost in it as well... But then again, what do they think of us here on a conspiracy website?
They like their picture small, we take in a bigger picture around here. Sometimes it can be a bit much.

You must also consider that ATS is not perfect, either. I've watch many threads come through lately where everything but truth is contained within, yet the sensational fearmongering is embraced regardless. Stay critical, but stay sane... Take care.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Oh gosh, yea, I realize there are a lot of outlandish people here. I tend to get outlandish when I'm brainstorming ideas. You know, What if...___? You have to go back and forth and see things from different angles.

What I know is that this site is one of a few places to find decent content, though there is a lot of stuff I could very very much do without. (The "trolling" topics that are just for shock value.)

I consider this thread rather trivial myself, but it really seems to me like we are up against something huge here. If we can't get people to snap out of it, it's as if everyone is in a giant cult that is so big, they don't even believe it exists.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

O.K. now just calm down.
Have some cookies and milk.
And read this
edit on 8-7-2012 by RavenSpeaks because: space

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Oh sure, everyone else is crazy.

snf

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I have been using a statement for years that I think applies to what you are talking about, the quote goes ” there is nothing wrong with me, its everyone else that is f@:-)ked up. ” I have been watching for many years how criminal behavior becomes the norm, while I have been working very hard to make sure that my life and my soul is clean of these type of behaviors. I've said before and I'll say again, I believe in God but I don't believe in modern religion. Because if the way I believe in things I have absolutely suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, I've been persecuted for not giving in to the dark side so to speak, but even with all the horrible shot that I've been through I feel an overwhelming peace, security, and serenity in knowing that I'm right in my beliefs. So for all the other ATSers who read this and feel a chord struck within themselves by reading what I've said, stay the course cause it really is everyone else that is f@:-)cked up.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Facebook is a waste of time. A superficial outlet for superficial drivel.

People who use it daily and update about what they've had for lunch, how their sinuses feel today, show pics of themselves ad nauseum and the like...
not so much crazy as "willfully ignorant." Or possibly "afraid" to know the truth.

Many people don't want to think about the heavy stuff. If they ignore it, it just might go away. Of course, eventually everything goes away.

ATS isn't perfect, but it's a daily dose of sanity in an otherwise cruelly messed up world. IMO, anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenSpeaks

O.K. now just calm down.
Have some cookies and milk.
And read this
edit on 8-7-2012 by RavenSpeaks because: space

I might believe in the good nature of the world, if all soldiers around would refuse to fight ever again, and maybe they could gather up and force the rich scum and political scum into a pit with weapons, and tell them only one of them will die painlessly, so they better start hacking away at each other now. That would make me feel incredible.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I only have one thing to say to that.

We're ALWAYS naked underneath our clothes.

THAT IS REALITY!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Yesterday I made the mistake of watching a clip of a 3 year old girl getting run over three times in China. One link from here led me to it, but I can't remember what site it was on. All I can say is I'm pretending that it wasn't real, but my subconscious is screaming at the insanity of it. So many people just walked by. And another truck just ran right over her again. Insane, insane, insane, insane.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

I consider this thread rather trivial myself, but it really seems to me like we are up against something huge here. If we can't get people to snap out of it, it's as if everyone is in a giant cult that is so big, they don't even believe it exists.

"The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind."

Perhaps that movie has more to it than we think? When you think about how our society functions, "the matrix" is the best analogy I can think of for it. I don't think you are crazy.

I too have always felt like one of the only sane people in the world, maybe so, maybe not. The things people will do for money, status or whatever perverse form of personal indulgence is sickening sometimes; the scary thing is that none of us are perfect and we're all prone to that human nature. The world lacks discipline.

I think maybe the monetary system is to blame for a lot of this, I personally believe the world would be a lot better place without money. How this would be accomplished I don't know, but the wrongs in the system are evident. It's not compatible with human nature.

S & F and thanks for sharing your thoughts.
edit on 8-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I think your crazy

just like me.

Sorry I couldn't resist......

edit on 8-7-2012 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
I think maybe the monetary system is to blame for a lot of this, I personally believe the world would be a lot better place without money. How this would be accomplished I don't know, but the wrongs in the system are evident. It's not compatible with human nature.

Definitely makes things worse and allows for stealing by manipulation of the money pool. I'm reading a website that tells how it all started in Egypt with the priesthood there. They used to use clay tablets and everything you owned within a certain space of land, had to fit on those tablets. Nobody could accumulate massively more wealth than anyone else. Then, they switched to gold, and that's when the priesthood got rich. Figures it would be priests to lie and manipulate people. They promise you heaven so they can put you through hell.

The Indians of America seemed to live decent lives in groups. I really doubt they were 'fair' and democratic, but at least there was no class that seems to rule the others. There was a chief, but I imagine him to be a decent guy. I don't know though, really. I haven't studied them. I'm sure they've committed their own atrocities.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The Indians of America seemed to live decent lives in groups. I really doubt they were 'fair' and democratic, but at least there was no class that seems to rule the others. There was a chief, but I imagine him to be a decent guy. I don't know though, really. I haven't studied them. I'm sure they've committed their own atrocities.

Humans everywhere have committed "atrocities"... but that is a subjective thing, too.

I think the problem is that societies have gotten too big...smaller communities, where everyone knows everyone else, are a more healthy way to do things...trading/bartering with neighboring communities, and everyone has enough, no one gets "rich" at the expense of the life energy of others...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Much agree! Today the sellers are separated from the buyers...the main boss is separated from the employees. I mean, you have to be dense or in denial to see why the rich get richer. A decent person would give friends and family a better deal, but they will willingly rip off everyone else...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I originally praised the original poster's insight, wisdom, intelligence, etc.. until I read a bit more of his writings. Lusting for violence and killing. Saying he considers it his obligation to JUDGE other people. And so on, and so forth.

So never mind.. it was the same old, same old, after all. Shouldn't get my hopes up, but it's painful to live in a hellish world when you are an optimist.. you tend to get disappointed over and over again.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

You could have quoted the post so that we could all see it **in context**.

I believe I have a vague idea of what I said. Something like:

If we all are expected to vote responsibly, I consider myself obligated to judge the actions of others. If you have your head in the sand over certain issues, you cannot do such a thing and are voting on ignorance.

I still hold the same opinion. So, if you believe life is a playground where we can pick and choose without anyone holding us to a higher standard of information awareness, then that is sad. The masses are taken advantaged of by the elite because they refuse to gain insights into truth. The elite prefer that. The rest of us who see the ugly truth, would wish the others would be man or woman enough to see things are they really are.

If you are going to vote, you had better be doing it right, or you are part of the problem. Period!

new topics

top topics

join