It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves: 10 Ways That Obama Is Killing Jobs In America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I worked as a manager for Starbucks for 10 years, they love to pat themselves on the back and blow out of proportion the things they do.

We had a volunteer event to clean up a park for the last MLK Jr. Day. They chose an upscale neighborhood park outside of town for us to spend the day cleaning up trash. A wealthy new park for us to go pick up trash at.I am sure someone sitting at a desk in an office somewhere felt this was a great idea. All employees were told by their managers that they it was mandatory we participated or we would be disciplined.

I have volunteered all my life and average about 20 weekends a year in my community so I was offended how they celebrated the record city wide turnout. Of course they had a great turnout, the employees were told to be there.

They love to claim they care about people, but it is all about money.
edit on 8-7-2012 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Classified Info

An independent study conducted by the Cornell ILR Global Labor Institute reports that the crude oil routed to the Gulf Coast will end up being exported to Asia , and not contribute to energy independence or national security. 

THE AMERICAN DREAM website where you got that from could not even get their facts straight on the very first point! So why should I waste my time reading the rest of the piece?

First of all, this thread is about how Obama is killing jobs not oil independence. Try to pay attention. This would have created JOBS and Obama got rid of those JOBS. 

I am paying attention just fine. Paying close enough attention to notice that in the very first claim that was made was in error. It was your link that you provided as the basis for the entire thread.

Perhaps you are the one that needs to start paying closer attention to what sources you decide to use instead of blindly believing anything that you read from a internet website.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Classified Info

I am paying attention just fine. Paying close enough attention to notice that in the very first claim that was made was in error. It was your link that you provided as the basis for the entire thread.

Perhaps you are the one that needs to start paying closer attention to what sources you decide to use instead of blindly believing anything that you read from a internet website.

There was nothing inaccurate about the claim made in my source. Just because it doesn’t jive with your source (which you didn’t even link) doesn’t mean it’s factually inaccurate. If you're going to quote a source then provide a link...I certainly can't take your word for it!

The thread is about jobs. I know its much easier for you to dismiss the entire thread based on a problem you have with the first sentence than it is to dispute the fact that I’m right about Obama being a jobs killer.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Th keystone pipeline would have created thousands of TEMPORARY construction jobs to build a pipeline across the US to tax free zones in the gulf to process canadian oil for purchase by chinese consumers. Those arent the sorts of jobs america needs, to be honest.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by seabag

Th keystone pipeline would have created thousands of TEMPORARY construction jobs to build a pipeline across the US to tax free zones in the gulf to process canadian oil for purchase by chinese consumers. Those arent the sorts of jobs america needs, to be honest.

Ya but think of the big tax revenues that would come in to the federal and state treasuries.

Those ARE the jobs WE NEED right now !!

When is Obama going to start chipping away on that huge debt anyway ??

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The endless drive for corporate profit is driving the US economy into the ground combined with a multitude of other things of course..

Seems to me that profit was the only thing paying for SS,Medicare,Medicaid so let's break down what that means to the average joe.

Fact:

70 million Americans are on Social Security that is funded by new people paying for those who are getting paid from that.

Classic ponzi scheme first in first out and that should be in the private sector where it belongs.

Fact

70 million are on Medicare which is mostly financed by that first government check SS the difference made up is by taking from new people who are not using it to pay for those who do.

60 million are on Medicaid same thing funded by taking from those who are already paying for someone's insurance,and retirement plans to pay for those who are on those programs.

For people who miss the point and continue that same rap about corporate hatred that has been on the lips of the progressives for over 100 years,

It doesn't fly.

The largest healthcare provider is not private corporate America is is the Us goverment to the tune of over 110 million Americans funded by taxation.

Remember now Obama care has 20+ new taxes that is supposedly to fund the new 30 million new "patients". so now we have 150 million on Government insurance.

The largest monopoly in this country.

#2 of the op explains a lot because most business are small business's that employ over 60% of all Americans that are the largest contributor to job creation.

Between SS,Medicare,Medicaid that has destroy wealth and jobs creation add Obama care that is going to force small business to either close their doors, and fire employee's because the cost of keeping their doors open is more than they take in, which is what they already face.

Add new and more regulations that is the last nail in the coffin.

What is endlessly driving the economy in to the ground is regulations,taxes, and social programs that are funded by tax revenue by those who are not paying tax revenue.

There is only one outcome more of the same, and worse.

edit on 8-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

There was nothing inaccurate about the claim made in my source. Just because it doesn’t jive with your source (which you didn’t even link) doesn’t mean it’s factually inaccurate. If you're going to quote a source then provide a link...I certainly can't take your word for it!

My fault. I said it came from the Cornell ILR Global Labor Institute so I figured you would just google it if you thought I was just making it up.

PDF file link.

www.ilr.cornell.edu...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo96 this is not an attack on you personally, you have some very sound facts. I just happen to see things a lot different then your facts show, as did most of the people who worked their asses off to get what they have now.
Most people on S.S. and Medicaid now are people who worked hard, in conditions that today would be unacceptable, to some those working conditions are the sole reason they are on S.S. now. They seen a big chunk of their hard earned money go to into S.S.. These people should in no way be looked at as a burden, they are owed the money and medical help they receive, and should be able to live a life that they worked hard to make, without the whining and crying I am seeing so often now. They do not deserve the guilt trip that people are trying to put on them for claiming money that is owed to them.
I remember my first real paycheck. I was 10 years old and had worked for 2 back breaking weeks in the tomato fields, where the temperature was barely ever under 90 and there was no shade to be seen for miles. I got my check and looked at it, there was a huge portion of my money gone, and it went mostly into S.S.. When I took the check to my father to complain about it this is what he told me. " You are paying this money so that if something happens to you in the future you will not starve, and if you do not ever need it then it will go to help someone that does". Since that day I have paid in tens of thousands of dollars without once whining or complaining about it.
I now have an incurable disease (M.S.) that will not kill me, but is taking away my ability to walk, to move my writing arm, and worst of all, at times my ability to think clearly. I have not applied for S.S. yet, but I do see that the time is fast approaching for me to call in the debt that is owed to me.
The answer to bringing back jobs to the U.S. is not taking away S.S. or even welfare (helping those that cannot help themselves is a must). It lies most of all with improving education, cutting the pork barrel spending, retooling our foreign trade policy, and scaling back our foreign aid.
We need to put real men into our government instead of these rich, spoiled men who only serve their wallets instead of the people of the U.S..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Obama is the reason this economy is like it is...

Maybe soon sooner rather then later AF"1" will burn in a fiery crash

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Is the Keystone Pipeline going to IMMEDIATELY create millions of jobs (if even that?)? Even if it was approved, won't it take a while for everything to be set up? There's no massive job gains in the short term. And will that oil only be limited to U.S. distribution?

As far as taxes, we've had higher taxes on the rich than we do now for most of the 20th century (including for most of Reagan's presidency), so unfortunately there's not much proof that that'll lead to lower job numbers.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

reply to post by ThichHeaded

You know the interesting thing about this.. I pay 1/3rd of my paycheck for taxes.. I make 310 bucks a week and bring home 235..

How is that 1/3 being taken out?

Mostly taxes, the biggest 2 are fed and ssi..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Every job Obama has created has been a temporary job.

At this point in his miserable presidency I think America will take temp jobs over no jobs.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Every job Obama has created has been a temporary job.

At this point in his miserable presidency I think America will take temp jobs over no jobs.

So Obama has only created temporary jobs, which is bad and exactly why we need MORE temporary jobs via the KS pipeline? Huh?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by megax5000

So Obama has only created temporary jobs, which is bad and exactly why we need MORE temporary jobs via the KS pipeline? Huh?

Would you tell an unemployed American that you don’t want him to get a paycheck for the next 6 months and support his family because it’s just temporary? Do you think people would turn these jobs down??

Temp jobs seem to be all this POTUS can deliver....so something is better than nothing at this point. This would be a way for a few people to get by until November when we depose our current dictator!

edit on 11-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Those thousands of temporary jobs would not have been minimum wage... They would have been extremely high paying jobs with travel expenses lodging included.

You know about $12,000.00 a month jobs.... I know this because I know many people who worked on the last pipeline they did around here...

Believe me a temporary job like that can go a long way..

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Those thousands of temporary jobs would not have been minimum wage... They would have been extremely high paying jobs with travel expenses lodging included.

You know about $12,000.00 a month jobs.... I know this because I know many people who worked on the last pipeline they did around here...

Believe me a temporary job like that can go a long way..

Not really. Sure, it's better than nothing for the people directly employed. But to pretend it would have any long term positive effects on the economy is a huge stretch of the imagination.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by seabag

Ya but think of the big tax revenues that would come in to the federal and state treasuries.

Oh, so now Republicans are all about Federal tax revenues?

Okay. Fine. Some taxes on peoples temporary jobs.

Unfortunately, where much of the Canadian bitumen will be processed, off the coast of Texas, is in international areas free from Federal tax.

Oh, and it will make gas more expensive in the US, because it will actually REDUCE the amount of Canadian oil being bought domestically.

Keystone XL oil pipeline, a project backers including Republican Presidential candidate Rick Santorum say will create cheaper U.S. gasoline, instead risks raising prices as much as 20 cents a gallon in the Midwest, Great Plains and Rocky Mountains

Those ARE the jobs WE NEED right now !!

No, they arent. Obviously.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

My poor uninformed friend.

Sit down , relax, this truth is going to hurt your world.

We are now living in a Global Marketplace, with a Global Workforce.

Best way to explain further to is defer to my ole Buddy.

"Now Main's street white washed window's, and vacant store's.
Seem's like nobody wants to come down here no more.
Their closing down the textile mill, cross the railroad track.
Foreman says these jobs are going boys, and they AIN'T coming back.

To your hometown.'

Bruce Springsteen

Released in 1984, been POTUS from each party many times, and nothing changes.

Obama, Mitt, really man, you think Rainbows will fly outta Mitt's Butt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join