It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order -- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functio

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Executive Order -- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions

www.whitehouse.gov

ASSIGNMENT OF NATIONAL SECURITY AND
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMUNICATIONS FUNCTIONS

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. The Federal Government must have the ability to communicate at all times and under all circumstances to carry out its most critical and time sensitive missions. Survivable, resilient, enduring, and effective communications, both domestic and international, are essential to enable the executive branch to communicate within itself and with: the leg
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/7/2012 by paxnatus because: typo

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This appears to be the final nail in the coffin!! I am beyond words as I read this. Is this America, the land of the free we live in? I have a sick feeling about the intention of this order hiding behind the guise "Emergency preparedness"..

If there are still people doubting Obama's agenda to strip us of all freedoms one by one, I hope this is the proof that opens your eyes.

surely, this is some kind of bad joke.....I am still waiting for the punch line.

So come on ATS, what do you think?

Thanks kindly,
Pax

www.whitehouse.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

It's about the various parts of Government being able to communicate with each other in the event of disaster. I'm confused as to why this is some nail and coffin and an attack on freedoms. Are you saying it's wrong for a nation to have contingency plans ?

That's all this is unless you can point me to something specific that suggests this has anything to do with anything other than the ability of the United States Government to communicate with each other in the event of a catastrophe or emergency. They do this all the time.

(f) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person. BARACK OBAMA

What is the problem ? I don't understand the freak out

edit on 7-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: Quote from White House

edit on 7-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I see that Drudge and a few other websites are drumming this up as something notable. But none of them, or the OP, seems to be able to point out WHY this is so nefarious, or how it is any way different from what previous administrations have done for years now.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Sorry, OP. I too am puzzled.

Let me hasten to add that I have no doubts that our rights are gradually being stripped to nothing. But I'm not sure what this has to do with it, except for the fact that the "current resident of the White House" (I no longer refer to him as President) has found it convenient to do everything by Executive Order rather than have anything to do with Congress.

It seems to be what it claims to be....

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
after 11 years the greatest communication breakdown since pearl harbor the Gov. now decides it need to have total control over ALL communications?

too little too late I am afraid. whats hiding in this vague Assignment is Total electronic control over every US citizen.

I for one am glad they are thinking of my safety and I know when Obama shuts civilian communication down it will be for our protection. who needs to vote when you have such a loving big brother taking care of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Ah. I was afraid it was something like that. I don't know--I don't think we're at that point yet. For one thing, I think they'll need to disarm us first.

Anyway, I think a previous EO already claimed sufficient government ownership and control of everything that's worth having, short of our immortal souls. Of course, claiming it and being able to take it are two different things....

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
after 11 years the greatest communication breakdown since pearl harbor the Gov. now decides it need to have total control over ALL communications?

too little too late I am afraid. whats hiding in this vague Assignment is Total electronic control over every US citizen.

I for one am glad they are thinking of my safety and I know when Obama shuts civilian communication down it will be for our protection. who needs to vote when you have such a loving big brother taking care of it.

How many election cycles are you willing to invest this paranoia into ? Seriously ? Bush was supposed to have us all in FEMA Camps by now. We were all supposed to be rounded up several times over .

Never mind.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

not sure why you responded to me I didnt mention fema camps or being rounded up...

hell were already rounded up if youre on US soil you are paying taxes and fueling the machine, right where they want you.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by -W1LL

Ah. I was afraid it was something like that. I don't know--I don't think we're at that point yet. For one thing, I think they'll need to disarm us first.

Anyway, I think a previous EO already claimed sufficient government ownership and control of everything that's worth having, short of our immortal souls. Of course, claiming it and being able to take it are two different things....

what better way to disarm the people than to cutoff their Comm. soon it will be a threat to national security to even meet in large groups and that is our last breath when it comes to communication of the masses.

it just feels like our Gov. tells us how to do everything now and if we dont get in line we will be put in line.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I'm actually of two minds on this, and have been for some time.

One mind tells me that they're trying to push us into armed revolt--which would play right into their hands. If you think we've seen suppression (in the name of Freedom and Democracy, of course) in the countries where we (or TPTB) want regime change--wait'll you see what they do to their own.

My other mind tells me that it's ending. TPTB are desperate and grasping at everything they can to keep up the charade; to keep for themselves the delusion that they're going to remain in charge forever and ever, amen. But people are waking up--not many, but enough to be extremely troubling to their peace-of-mind.

I'm not sure which to believe at any given time. But I think I'm starting to lean more and more toward door #2: Desperate measures to enhance the illusion that they're still in charge.

We'll see. We can only wait and see. But every day the derision and ridicule grow. We're laughing at them....

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
aren't they talking about the DSN or defense service network? My understanding this is a separate network reserved for government/ military organizations. They also have separate systems
DSN WIKI
NIPRNET
SIPRNET WIKI

I'm kind of confused when i briefly read the article it said nothing about these system's already in place?
How many emergency communication systems do we need.
This doesn't include the various other means of communication we currently use in the military.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
According to the E.O. - really, in like every second sentence of the E.O. - the applications of the order apply to "national security and emergency preparedness" communications infrastructure.

I'm unclear why the government enhancing efficiency in operation (or making any type of directive regulation at all) over "national security and emergency preparedness" communications infrastructure is something which is curtailing our freedom?

I am not currently a user or consumer of "national security and emergency preparedness" communications outlets. If I'm not using something I'm unclear how my freedom is curtailed by that thing existing, not existing, or being modified.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This new EO refers to other EO's.

How does it all tie in?

If we assume this is some kind of normal procedure and that they have done this in the past, why all the "repeat" performances?

And why has Obama waited until right this very second to issue this new EO?

I would have thought they had all this comm stuff figured out a long time ago.

Unless of course, the current administration has screwed something up?

I'm not sure I would like to be so dependent on the current Administration to make these kinds of "decisions".

Many people should be very afraid of these EO's.

They seem to use the magic word "intent" loosely.

What does "intent" mean if and when they want to do something unconstitutional?

People should be afraid of them "doing it anyway" and see what happens after the damage is already done.

Again, WHY all of a Sudden right now????

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

And why has Obama waited until right this very second to issue this new EO?

LOLWUT

Which second should he have done it in?

Again, WHY all of a Sudden right now????

What's so "sudden" - I mean "SUDDEN!!!!!!" - about it?

Is there something significant about the date that I'm missing?

They seem to use the magic word "intent" loosely.

The word "intent" isn't used in this E.O. once. Like, literally, not once.

(Though, I'm unclear why it would be bad if it were.)

People should be afraid of them "doing it anyway" and see what happens after the damage is already done.

What language is this sentence written in?

This administration has enough real-world, non-exotic things to be ashamed of and adequate reasons to be ejected from office without introducing large doses of craziness and lunacy in the debate.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Castillo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Lol. He is secretly talking about telepathy and remote viewing

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Interesting that this can be taken into any type of content depending the meaning.

The president is giving himself powers supposedly under the Constitution to declare any type of even that he deems of importance an emergency and control communications accordingly, leaving the nation and the rest of the American people without news while the government can hide their truth intentions.

Seems like dictatorial powers to me under the banner of for the good of the nation and by executive order.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
well, Im certainly not worried about this,.
However i was a bit concerned when the Martial law was "Updated" to peacetime
recently, not because i am worried about the government controlling the peoples lives
from the conspirators standpoint,. but that there really may be a reason that is coming of
which the government will actually need to implement that order just to maintain some sort
of civil stability.. With so much going on in the world and the earth, something is coming and
i am sure they know it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
In the event of a revolution they know normal means of communications will be severed. The have to get their ducks in a row before the economic collapse.

We had better follow their example and get ready ourselves.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Search is our friend:

Here's A THREAD from back in 2003, discussing EOs.

All it takes is for the current President to issue a state of emergency, and all of the EO's go into effect, and FEMA gets to run the show. You have every right to be paranoid.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

* EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

And the list goes on....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join