It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP ! Dog with kennel cough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Got chocolate lab 3 weeks ago, about 6 mo.old. Took him to vet last week to get HIM fixed and shots
This week he has kennel cough took him to the vet again all I got was antibiotics.
The poor guy sounds like a cat coughing up a hair ball.
Any ideas how to help and sooth his cough ??????????

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Check out this:

www.wikihow.com...

some soothing deals there that you can do to assist relief as you administer the meds...

Hope the ordeal will end soon for the pup..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Aww,

I hope your little man feels better.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Check these sources:

www.earthclinic.com...

www.nativeremedies.com...

healthypets.mercola.com...

Hope the little guy feels better.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Thanks folks I knew you would come through

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
First off very sorry to hear for the pup as well as yourself!

Please keep him isolated because as the name suggests "kennel" where it often originates with canines in confined areas such as kennels, it will spread.

Recovery of AKA tracheobronchitis or Bordetella,

-Isolation from other canines
-If he has to go outdoors-see above- use a harness instead of a collar to not restrict the trachea.
-And of course if the symptoms worsen he may be heading towards pneumonia, in that case need attention again ASAP from your Vet.
-Make sure the area/his living area is free from dusts and other air contaminants
-Antibiotics are not always suggested but moreso anti-inflammatory drugs are to help the body stop restrciting the bronchial system. You may want to ask your Vet about that.
-Make sure he is eating and especially drinking water.

Wishing a speedy recovery!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I give mine Chx Soup
Honey will help his throat to feel better

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Take him to an actual animal hospital, not your local vet. My dog had kennel cough when I got him and it turned worse after going to the vet. Took him to an animal hospital and they put him on a ventilation system and he completely recovered in a week.

Yes, it cost more to take him to an animal hospital, but it's so worth it in the end. He's now 8 years old and going strong.

Good luck to you and I wish you and him the best.

edit on 7-7-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Chocolate Lab??? Ohhhhh!!! (heart melt)...I LOVE my babygirl chocolate Lab!!!!...she came to us with kennel cough also at about 2 months old...actually did everything I would have done for my kids with any type of upper respiratory illness (along with the Vets recommendations and medicine)...ran a HOT shower while sitting on the floor of my bathroom with her, honey and lemon in a tea is always helpful, air purifiers helped, and LOTS and LOTS of cuddling hugs!!!! (Crazy, I know...but it WORKED!!) She's my boys best friend, and I would have it NO other way...hope your "child" gets better soon!!! :-) Think I saw a chicken soup suggestion...go with it!!! :-)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Thanks again

This why I keep coming back here.
There are many good, honest and caring people in the world and that proves the world does have hope !
Put a vaporizer next to the dog , he's been sleeping like a baby 2 hours now.
My 7 year old daughter named him Indiana Jones " Indy"
Thanks again

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
OLD HIPPY DUDE
I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy i hope he gets better soon my dogs are like my kids i have no advice for you just a hug
peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

join