It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget little green men: Aliens may look like jellyfish with orange bottoms!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Forget little green men: Aliens may look like jellyfish with orange bottoms, says government adviser

Forget little green men. Aliens may look like giant jellyfish with orange bottoms, a leading space scientist has claimed.

Maggie Aderin-Pocock, a satellite expert and government adviser, said it is likely that there is extra-terrestrial life - it is just more alien than you’d imagine.

But while they might resemble jellyfish, they will live not in the sea but in the atmosphere of a Jupiter-like planet, where they float around.

In the atmosphere it's explained they would float around clouds of methane ingesting nutrients.

Haven't seen this posted yet but thought its worth sharing.

From and more at: Forget little green men: Aliens may look like jellyfish

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This seems oddly familiar I think I remember seeing this on some Alien series on Netflix where a guy was simply "making" or thinking of what an Alien life on Jupiter would be like. Sadly I can't remember the series but looks very much like the one I saw. Anyways this is what I thought some would look like

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
This seems oddly familiar I think I remember seeing this on some Alien series on Netflix where a guy was simply "making" or thinking of what an Alien life on Jupiter would be like. Sadly I can't remember the series but looks very much like the one I saw. Anyways this is what I thought some would look like

Interesting... It's vaguely familiar for me. I'll share if I figure it out. Perhaps an agenda is at hand.
edit on 7-7-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is interesting but I really hate how the article says little green men... Little green men? Really? I say this because its not true there are no green men only little grey men. Anyways I think this illustration is a really good depiction of what life could look like on other planets and the design of it reminds me of the aliens from the Discovery Channel: Alien Planet.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Sort of similar....

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

MUFON Case # 29384
Submitted Date: 2011-06-04
Event Date: 2003-03-16
City: Leakesville
State: Mississippi
Shape: Other
Distance: Over one mile
Summary: Giant Jellyfish

lightsinthetexassky.blogspot.com...

Also see jellyfish at 5:23 here:

I don't know, there could be something to this.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thanks for sharing... it really moves like a jellyfish!

First thought upon seeing the image is that it was so UFO-like. Could be a link here.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It's the Hanar! If that's the case, then maybe the little green men are Drell...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Carl Sagans 'Cosmos'.

A very old series. And one of the best, he had a way with how he told his visions that was enthralling. And yep, he envisioned huge 'floaters' in Jupiters atmosphere, like giant balloons.

@ the 1 minute mark..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

They probably wouldn't be too intelligent, especially in the technological side of things, it would be impossible for them to build things since they have no "limbs or hands".

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Interesting... It's vaguely familiar for me. I'll share if I figure it out. Perhaps an agenda is at hand.

An agenda? Why? Because people are capable of using their imagination?

Crikey... look out, attack of the giant space jelly fish !!!

Maybe I need another coffee, to see this agenda..

edit on 7-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
They aren't nearly as sexy as I thought they would be.
I am not sure what my first reaction to seeing something like that floating around in our atmosphere would be.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So..........it seems Gene Roddenberry was on to something some 25+ years ago!

Star Trek - The Next Generation Episode 1 - Encounter at Farpoint

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Lol carl sagan had the first concept 32 years ago. Roddenberry stole it if anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It looks like a flying saucer wearing a dress with ballsacks dangling beneath it.

I don't want to know whats under the dress.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by dreamingawake

They probably wouldn't be too intelligent, especially in the technological side of things, it would be impossible for them to build things since they have no "limbs or hands".

According to their History Channel, it was the ancient alien humans who helped them build their jelly pyramids.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by dreamingawake

An agenda? Why? Because people are capable of using their imagination?

Crikey... look out, attack of the giant space jelly fish !!!

Maybe I need another coffee, to see this agenda..

edit on 7-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

No. Not due to imagination.

Just that it is in memory from many more than just one source for some. Also, the fact that a "government advisor" is brining it up. Desensitization? Dis info? Yeah, those come up when other than typical alien- "green men", "grays" beings, come into mention.
Just sayin.
edit on 8-7-2012 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Agreed...............but I bet ya old Sagan was a Trekkie nonetheless

After all - who wouldn't want to fly around the universe shaggin alien chicks

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I remember a painting in a book I saw once, published in the 70's that depicted blimp shaped creatures with wide open mouths in the front of them. The idea was the same: alien life on Jupiter.

The idea was they would only be able to survive below and above a certain depth (too high and they pop, too low and they're crushed).

I always thought it was a cool picture when I looked at it. I want to say it was in a Time-Life book from back then.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well some may. There are many shapes and forms in the universe, by which I mean highly intelligent. But there are many humans and humanoid as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join