It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Catches NYPD Undercover Cop Stealing Money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It isn't just the police who are doing the likes of this.
It is also those paramedics doing ambulance duty.
They steal whatever they can get their hands on from people who are injured, unconscious or dead.
It just isn't wise to carry more money than you can afford to lose.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm gonna go ahead and call fake.

There is no premise to the video, no backstory whatsoever. You all are thinking that this is an illegal search, without knowing what happened beforehand. Too quick to be a white knight, some of you.
If the vehicle was pulled over and an occupant of the vehicle is arrested, the entire vehicle is subject to search, that's #1.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm usually the last person to defend police. But this video proves nothing. There is no evidence of theft at all.

First, we have no background info on the crime that this woman's son is suspected of committing. In cases where a person is suspected of being involved in drug transactions. The money is commonly confiscated as evidence in the case.

Second, we have no evidence that this officer didn't put the money into evidence and list it on his report. I think it's funny that so many would assume that he is going to keep the money for himself.

Last, the woman say's, "give me my son's money". Well it is against the law to turn over the money to someone else without the permission of the owner. We didn't see the woman's son giving the police permission to give his mother the money. If the police gave the money to the mother and she went and spent it. The son could later say, " I didn't want my mother to have my money. She spent my money and it's the police's fault."

So, to me, this whole thing is blown way out of proportion. I know there are plenty of bad police out there. I have had bad experiences myself. I dislike the way police behave and I avoid them as much as possible. But this video is not proof of anything. It's propaganda and unless there is some other evidence besides this. Total BS
edit on 7/8/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If he is a Police officer and he was gathering evidence legitimately, I would expect a more official procedure.
saying that though, its only a short clip and we don't know what happened prior to this event.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So many in this thread know the official story but they are not sharing proof. Not surprising for the cop bashing threads of ATS.

We all know that no one can get hold of a belt, handcuffs, or a real or prop gun other than cops. We all know there are no costume stores at all.

If it is a cop again for all those who know the official story start producing proof of wrong doing. All I have seen is a very short video with no real story to it at all of some guy grabbing money. It could be anyone in my book.

Not saying there are not corrupt cops, but on ATS it seems all cops are bad. On ATS all cops are guilty until proven innocent, God forbid they get given a trial as well. For a place that constantly says and even has the motto of deny ignorance there is sure a plethora of it around.

Raist

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There's an amazing lack of corroboration going on here.

Usually the NY papers are quick to jump on something like this. Not seeing it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Your Tax dollars hard at work making everyone else rich, but you!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Totatlly agree with you. I researched this a bit further and only a handful of sites are reporting on this.And it's the same thing - just the youtube clip with no story.I'm leaning towards there's probably no truth to the video.People tend to forget that now a days you get paid for posting to youtube.I guess time will tell with this story

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join