It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think ATS is dead.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
So far nobody has found any proof of ghost, no aliens greeting humans, no end of the world, no spiritual stuff no nothing. Instead why not SUPPORT a better state of living by use of technology.

To Really Appreciate Nice Seemingly Highly Useless Minds Associated Not Inside Sound Minds. sometimes it's better to GIVE IN.

So what? we all buy 4G units or save our money for 5G, what is aventageous to the longivity of the race trying to understand phenomena or buying new apps?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
We are ATS.
We are leigion.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

So far nobody has found any proof of ghost

Well, if ATS is dead then would this experience be akin to an interactive intellectual haunting over paranormal interwebz?

no aliens greeting humans

Have you ever seen "Mars Attacks"?!!? Personally, they can keep their greeting. Ack... ackack...ack!

no end of the world

Well, not the end of the world as we know it... not yet.

no spiritual stuff

On this point I believe there would be a great number of ATS members who would take issue with this.

no nothing

I'll agree to disagree. There seems to be a cycle on 'nothingness' to be found on ATS and it seems we are in the height of the 'nothingness cycle' at the moment. You know the type, threads that are started with the intent to be intellectually stimulating and end up being... well... obtuse. I'm sure you know the kind.

To Really Appreciate Nice Seemingly Highly Useless Minds Associated Not Inside Sound Minds. sometimes it's better to GIVE IN.

Now for the meat and potatoes. If you wanted to discuss transhumanism, why not just say so. Word games such as this are so very jejune.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Too much technology leads to dependency upon it.
What happens when the power goes out?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The egos are annoying as all hell. Makes me hate humans more.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It's actually pretty simple.. If you don't like it around here ..

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Alyssa

Too much technology leads to dependency upon it.
What happens when the power goes out?

WHen that happens.. then I actually get some housework done. WHoops.. nope. No vac cleaner power or dishwasher. Sounds like armageddon to me.

When the power goes out.. we find out who are survivors, who are dead weight, who are what they say they are.. and who thrive. Its when we find out what we are made of. The deal with people not believing in ghosts and beasties is because of power. Lights. No one has to face the deep dark without a light switch to flip on when your hair stands on end..so its easy to pretend we know all the answers. I blame Edison for the lack of spirituality and belief in spooks.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Firstly, ATS is NOT DEAD.

Secondly, Transhumanism, is a mere fantasy for those that aspire to live forever. It is highly unlikely that it will even transpire in our lifetimes. There are many issues regarding this topic. Genetics, socio economic issues, morality. It is not an easy thing to just accept. Some may not be compatible, others may not afford it, and of course the whole moral issue surrounding it. Why would you want to become, IMO, sub human, by supporting transhumanism?

So no, I will not give in, and accept it.

vvv

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

So far nobody has found any proof of ghost, no aliens greeting humans, no end of the world, no spiritual stuff no nothing.

How would that make us dead? The conversation doesn't last too long around settled points, does it? Polar Bears are Real! Now there's a topic that isn't going to go far.

When you think you have the answer, you stop asking questions. Once the "proof" appears, it's a discussion killer.

The site will be dead when everyone knows everything and is in complete agreement, and we all trust the people in charge are doing everything in everyone's best interests.

At this point, I'm feeling pretty secure about the viability of the site.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

So far nobody has found any proof of ghost, no aliens greeting humans, no end of the world, no spiritual stuff no nothing. Instead why not SUPPORT a better state of living by use of technology.

I'm working on changing ATS at the moment, I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe we'll see some of this in the future.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join