It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natalie Wood's cause of death changed from 'Accident' to 'Undetermined,' on death certificate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I've always wondered about Natalie's death. For those of you who aren't familiar with the case, here are the basics:

In November 1981, Natalie Wood set sail on her yacht with husband Robert Wagner and friend Christopher Walken.
her body was found floating off the coast of the Catalina Islands a mile away from her yacht. The authorities decided she'd slipped while drunk, and the clothes she was wearing pulled her underwater. However, some people reported
Wood and Wagner were arguing, while Natalie also flirted with Walken.

According to this article authorities have changed the cause of death from "accident" to "undetermined."

According to TMZ, the L.A. County Coroner filed the documents late last month and informed Wood's family of the change. Detectives said the change was made in part due to bruises on Wood's body that were inconsistent with death by drowning.

Family members were told that authorities cannot definitely prove Wood's death was an accident or due to foul play, TMZ reported.

According to the report, Wood's death was definitely due to drowning, but the manner in which she ended up in the water is unknown.

The investigation is still active.

Why change the cause of death? Could there be a murder charge in the works?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Who cares? This is just more media fodder. A 30 year old case only generating interest because it involves celebrities.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I wonder....after all these years, what has made the authourities change their stance on this one? Has new evidence come to light?

I need to do more research on the circumstances at the time.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I always thought Wagner wanted out of the marriage so he could hook up with Jill St. John.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I still wonder if this goes on in hollywood, all those "suicides" hiding something more...

I mean its not like the old days where the Studios ran everything and could get the cops to do anything...

Oh wait... Right... Still happening.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

If you don't care, then why come on this thread and bash it?

I care. It is fascinating. Famous unsolved murders are usually interesting.

If a an old death certificate has the cause of death changed, then something has come to light that was previously missed, or ignored. Thanks OP.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

My mother told me about this. I think it very unlikely that Robert Wagner would try to kill Natalie, simply because I don't think he would intend to kill her by throwing her in the water(as she was apparently fearful of the water and couldn't swim), and hoping she drowns. But, I can see if she accidentally fell into the water if she was drunk.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

You want interesting unsolved murders? Read Missing 411, or look into some truly inexplicable ones, like this.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I bet her family cares.

Why do people go onto threads just to say "Who cares?" .... you apparently care just enough to have clicked on the link and take time to comment.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
According to the link below, Wood's was allegedly having an affair with Walken. A boat captain apparently came forward to reveal new details. Interesting read.

christwire.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yep .. read that. I'm wondering if Robert Wagner is getting nervous .....
I always thought her death was fishy. (no pun intended.)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I never liked the sound of this "accident" and it has struck me funny since the day I heard about it. I care about this topic and I appreciate you posting about it because otherwise I probably never would have known the cause of death had changed.

Don't hate appreciate!!! *super cheerleader smile*

Love
Val

S+F

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The ME talks exhuming Wood’s body. The link below has a complete autopsy report in the video player.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf

You want interesting unsolved murders? Read Missing 411, or look into some truly inexplicable ones, like this.

That link is incredible, what a strange murder

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I will contribute to this thread, not because her death is relevant to a single person other then herself, but because it will show you a little about yourselves.

1. This is from people who where there.

2. It was an accident.

3. she was drunk, got in the dingy to get Bob's attention, because he was doing something in the cabin she did not favor.

4. She fell out, and drowned.

This could happen, and has happened, to anyone.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't know, it seems to me that if he really wanted to get rid of the body to where it was never found he would've weighted it down so that it would sink to the bottom of the ocean never to be found.

I too wonder what could've happened to made the authorities change their mind on this,

But it all could tie in somehow with the Satanism that is rampant in Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Very interesting indeed.

To the OP:
I sure hope it was not murder but this case has had rather a lot of factors that didn't seem right from the very start. Yes she could have fallen overboard and with everyone being boozey and having had an argument it is possible that the men willingly did nothing or didn't hear.
Sad end regardless of blame.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Who cares? This is just more media fodder. A 30 year old case only generating interest because it involves celebrities.

I found it interesting, thought others would too. Why the need to be so negative? Frankly, your reply was unwarranted and unneeded.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I found it interesting, thought others would too. Why the need to be so negative? Frankly, your reply was unwarranted and unneeded.

Agreed! If they didnt find it interesting or didnt care, why post? Those that do find this interesting to discuss, please do. Those that dont care, please go elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The coroner's report cited unexplained fresh bruising on the actress' right forearm, left wrist and right knee, along with a scratch on her neck and a superficial scrape on her forehead. Officials said the wounds open the possibility that she was assaulted before drowning. "This Examiner is unable to exclude non-accidental mechanism causing these injuries," the report said, adding that evidence suggested the bruising occurred before Wood entered the water.

LA times

There is something fishy about these guys...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join