It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I Saw In The Darkness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Worked for me. When I was a kid I had "the witch." The only thing I can remember is that I thought it looked like the crypt keeper, from tales from the crypt. It easily could have been, because I had seen my dad watching the show from time to time.

Anyway, I always had night terrors about the witch until my mom and I told it that it had to leave and never come back. It did and never returned.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Yes, I agree about the hypnagogic imasgery. I almost didn't write it in the post, but then thought I'd share everything.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by notkmarx
i have a few questions OP.
they may seem a bit odd but it could matter.
do you have any pets, if so where we're your animals while all this was going on?
We have two cats. One was on my bed, I know because she was laying on my feet. The other cat, I do not know where he was.

what time roughly did this event occur?
about 9:30ish

when you sleep do you sleep on your side, back, stomach typically?
I start on my side, if I lay on my back I'm more likely to get sleep paralysis. I never fell asleep, but the entire episode I was on my side.
my son sleeps on his stomache with his butt stuck straight up in the air.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by smyleegrl

It was about two feet tall, maybe, and a darkish gray color. It had huge black eyes set in a rather strangely shaped head. The head itself set thrust forward, and tapered to a snout. The thing stood upright, with smallish forearms; I did not notice the hands or its legs. The overall impression I got was of something reptilian in nature.

Short? Gray color? Huge black eyes? Strangely shaped head? Ummmm... how has no one in this thread not mentioned that this could have been a Gray? That's exactly what it sounds like... I mean you don't get many descriptions much closer than that. They are also often described as having a reptilian appearance because of the skin color and texture. I find it amusing everyone is offering stupid bogus paranormal explanations involving ghosts and demons, when the actual answer is staring you all in the face. I would be worried about the fact your son seems to be visited by it on a regular basis... they wont leave him alone now, he has become one of their subjects. Most abductees claim to be abducted for the better part of their life.
edit on 8/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

I did hint at this in the link I provided in my post on the 2nd page.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I thought i was the only one that was a colour watcher, take your time with it, enjoy it and learn to manipulate it like playing a movie, I have never had a negative experience while doing it only peace, however I am a veteran "rescue worker", I have been able to do psychometry and occassionly wander off through the wall in my sleep, thanks to my gran who was a well known local medium I must have inherited something from her and I occassionaly "know" things.

Weirdest thing was taking a walk through the house while I was in bed sleeping in another country and closing doors etc , my brother and sisters told me a freaky story when I came home on hols of something knocking on the front and back doors simultaneoulsy, they holed themselves up in my mums bedroom and looked out the window at the front door and no one was there, they checked the back door and there was scratches on it, I didnt want to tell them it might have been me winding them up but scratches, seriously, "not unless I was inhabiting the body of a dog".

I have also woken up in my bed at my mums while working in another country while fast asleep, I beleive I was mistakenly dropped off at the wrong house and all I could think was, how am I going to get to work tonight 3000 miles away?.

Your kids have got something and so have you but dont be frightened as fear itself is what can transform something that could be a beautiful experiance into a negative one.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I like watching the fireworks behind my eyelids. If I stay awake long enough, it always gets to the point where it is flashing "pictures" instead of lights. Faces, environments etc. It is pretty interesting.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Your Post made me think of this guy from an old Rod Serling "Night Gallery", I was horrified of it at the time (lol) still rather menacing. I look forward to what happens next.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sounds really scary. I wish I could be of more help but, I have no idea how to deal with things like this, unfortunately. I am not a religious person by any means but, perhaps try the Michael invocation? It's supposed to be for protection...I'm not sure of your religion but I've been told it helps. Though I admit I've never done it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Hi smyleegrl,

I've read through the whole thread. I don't play with colors by putting pressure against my eyes at night, but I know what you mean there because I used to entertain myself with that when I was bored in school as a kid. I do, however see things, often like a jerky old fashioned motion picture, sometimes smoother, every night as I am falling asleep or winding down to fall asleep, and I too have occasionally seen scary looking, white faces flashing by or zooming straight towards me. I can't say that I have seen anything like the small creature in the hallway, when I have been awake, but I have seen and felt some shadow type people and small very animated creatures when I was in a lucid state.

At any rate, this may sound goofy, but when such things get more scary than interesting, I have personally found the following to be very effective:

1) Get some rock salt or Epsom salt and put a little bit, like an inch or so, in a container in each of the rooms you want to clear.
2) When you are ready for bed, lie down, close your eyes, and visualize four large pillars of white light extending from the sky down through the four corners of your home, and far down into the earth below. Visualize an even larger pillar of white light that fills the entire inner space between the four pillars, so your entire home is filled with the white light.
3) Visualize and if needed mentally verbalize that all negative energy must flow down through the pillars and out and away. Pull positive energy from above, down through the pillars and into your home.
4) If needed, additionally visualize a golden bubble of light that entirely surrounds your home, once the energy flow feels complete. It's role is to stay in place as a shield.
5) Now, to help your child essentially conceptualize the same process, from the five-year-old perspective, form your hand around an invisible spray can of Monster Spray, right before bed time. Shake up the can and walk around the room, spraying (make the pssst noise) it everywhere, especially corners, the hallway, the bed and a lot in the closet. Spray down your child last, then leave the invisible can next to the bed, in easy reach.

You may need to go through this process nightly, for both yourself and your child, for a while. The point of the excercise is to set your will and intentions in a very protective manner, that repels the negative and permits only the positive. I know it sounds corny, but this has been effective for me, when things made me scared, and the Monster Spray was very effective for my kids.

I agree with Getreadyallready's perspective. I don't think it is just psychology, I think it is spiritual protection, but whatever works is my motto...
These things are not physical, so can't be effectively treated by physical means. It takes setting your will and intent to be strong and require them to leave you and yours alone. Once you realize that you do have some control and a means to fight back and protect yourself and your family, you feel so much more empowered and less fearful! At least I do. I have literally woken up and mentally shouted at something that was creeping me out, "Fine, you can show me whatever it is you need to show me, but you have to stop SCARING me so I can get up and go to the bathroom first!" When you assert yourself strongly, it works.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Gwynnhwyfar

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The Church of Rome doesnt have a corner on the metaphysical realm. Some of them do have a darn good grasp of it though.

The Church of Rome does the best at removing demonic spirits and conducting exorcisms. Some Protestant ministers and other religious folks conduct exorcisms, but are far less effective.

Even then, the Church of Rome -- since Vatican II was implemented -- is only recently returning back to the old form, Latin exorcism rite. In some dioceses, there aren't any exorcists available, but the Church has tried to change that situation in recent years by training more exorcists.

Regardless, there are steps a person can take themselves to limit demonic influence in the home, even without an exorcist --- though a properly trained exorcist is the most effective.

After all, when you are dealing with demonic entities, you are dealing with exceptionally powerful entities that can only be conquered through spiritual means.

Not a "physical" problem? Depends.

Spiritual warfare can and does take place in the physical realm. The root cause and solution, however, is spiritual in nature.

Problem solved. No need for the church of rome in our case.

Until the demon returns, with 7 of his demon buddies with him. This is clearly described in the New Testament - A demonic entity is cleared from a body, but then later, the problem gets worse when even more demons attack the person.

The situation in this thread is only the beginning of what could be a very sordid tale if proper steps are not taken to combat the demonic entity. The situation will only progress further and get worse and worse.

Martin, in his book, Hostage to the Devil, describes the incremental steps in diabolic possession, oftentimes taking place over a period of many years. Demons can enter a person's life in a variety of ways -- through dabbling with the occult, drug and alcohol abuse, etc.

In short, demonic entities are not to be trifled with or taken lightly. This can be very, very serious stuff.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Didn't I tell you to be careful what you wished for?

I know children are able to see things on the spiritual realm that most adults don't.
Don't ever play it down to him by telling him it's just his imagination. I was told that so many times as a child.... knowing full well what I saw and experienced was NOT my imagination! I had no adult I could confide in that believed me. Made me grow up resenting my parents somewhat for not being there for me. But, I digress...
as for YOUR problem...

Has he been talking about the monster in the closet since you first moved in, or did this start recently?

You had a post a few weeks ago about visiting paranormal places during your vacation. Any chance you brought something home with you?

These beings feed on fear. Try not to feed it. Ignoring it won't make it go away completely, but it could keep things from becoming out of control until you can get your house cleansed.

I watched a true show last night about a haunted house, and bringing in a priest to bless the house just made it worse... pissed the sucker off!! Then things really got bad! But that was with a demon. Doesn't sound like a demon in your house, so a house blessing/cleansing should work to get rid of it.
Keep us informed.

Yes, you told me, (sheepish grin) We just left for our vacation, on the road now (Bourbon street is NOT for kids). We are skipping all things paranormal.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp

Originally posted by notkmarx
what time roughly did this event occur?

I'd be interested in knowing the dates and times of any recurring incidents myself.

My son has been scared of his closet for about a year now. But he willingly goes to his bed if the closet is shut. No hysterics or pleas to sleep with us.

Something else interesting...his cat, Ransom, sleeps in the room with my son every night.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by tport17
reply to post by sled735

Um, you could have continued reading what I had posted, rather than posting "not" as large as possible.

Yeah, I did read your post. I know her personally, too. I know her story is very credible.
Although it probably was a coincidence that her son screamed only seconds after she saw these horrific faces, I think what she saw in the doorway was VERY real. Peace!

OP, did the creature you saw look anything similar to one of the photos in this link?

www.google.com... 632&sei=Drh8T9LIIc3hggeNsN3YCw

edit on 7/8/2012 by sled735 because: correction

edit on 7/8/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/8/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

No, it looked like none of those, thank God.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rory212
OK listen up very carefully, I am not accustomed to repeating myself

If you are NOT pulling our collective leg, this is a classical Extra terrestrial visitation

this stuff is even beyond government

If you think I am kidding, go waste someone else's time, these beings have ability to
cloak, pass through walls, transport etc

they follow families through generations, none of this is good, you have to mentally
meditate on stopping this, by sending a mental message into SPACE, calling onto
light beings, god, and benevolent aliens to step in and FORCE the bad ETs into
compliance

Tell them that you are your family are not their property and are OFF limits

You have to be strong

This is important
tell them that if arrangements where made prior to physical existence, you hereby nullify
the contract because it is too stressful and evil

One more thing, despite my high level of reasoning, it took me long time to figure out, that
if you are not mentally ill, things you think "I must have imagined it", Wrong, you really did
see something for a second or two

good luck
edit on 8-7-2012 by rory212 because: (no reason given)

I will be taking your advice when we return home. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
You might just try getting a night light.

He has four night lights but they aren't enough...he insists on sleeping with the overhead light on.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

smyleegrl, have you tried smudging your house with White Sage and/or conducted a clearing ritual ?

It might sound like a dumb question, but I have found this to be successfull in moving unwanted entities/energies in my homes/work places.

Your son needs some kind of amulet as well to protect him. Can be anything if it's programmed the right way.

Good Luck

We will be using sage when we return. Thank you for the suggestions!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm a long way from a 'generic skeptic' who will refute anything and everything and I certainly don't want to seem rude to someone who seems to put forward an entirely genuine and honest account however I do have a few thoughts.

Firstly, you do seem to have an interest in some paranormal ideas (which is pretty normal I'd say, the Vatican still gets quite a few tourists) and I just wondered how open in the house that is? As in, do you watch many programs/ read books about it? I include fiction in this. I say this because it is simply potentially what initially gave your son the idea (if that is what it is).

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, I would seriously WAIT and reconsider if you were to get a 'professional' in to exorcise this problem. Rather than for money or legitimacy I say this for one main reason: it would legitimise and establish this as a 100% real problem in your house for your son. It could also cultivate more problems.

Was your son particularly attached to the old house? This fear of the cupboard could be simply a link to the old house which makes everything appear less different.

I can't remember the other things now from reading the thread but I expect I'll remember them later on.

Again, I'm not trying to bulldoze through any illustrious beliefs but surely everything should be looked at before fueling the fire by calling in strangers to your son's bedroom.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyosuke
Can you give a more detailed description of this being? For now I am picturing something like this,

Did you draw that?

Its similar, I don't know about the hands but the face looks about right. I didn't see the legs/feet, so not sure how they look. The "scales" on your dude are a little too large, though.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakejekel

above everything

PROTECT YOUR SON

Agreed. He's my first priority.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

You have to get rid of it. You have to empower your 6 year old to get rid of it. I don't know what it is, but if it is scaring him, it has to go.

Stand in the room, hold your son's hand, and help him announce your demand that it leave and not return. Don't bother threatening anything, just demand it to go, and make your son do the same thing. Make sure you son is positive that it will work, and that it is his room, and he is ultimately responsible for the room, he is the man of the room, he gets to decide who stays and who goes, and if that thing wants to play nice and be his friend, then fine, but if it is scaring him, it is not welcome.

You might have to do it a couple of times, but it will work.

Also, mention to your son that the thing has never hurt him, and is not capable of hurting him, and it never will. Don't be afraid, be strong, angry, empowered, succinct, take control.

This is excellent advice, I think, and we will be following your recommendations. Thank you!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join