It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I Saw In The Darkness

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 0dman

What if we moved him to another room? This is more feasible than removing the closet.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 0dman

Of course it could be that there was a two foot dinosaur man, but it is unlikely.

Man I hope not!

SmyleeGirl,

I sent you a PM also, check it out. But, as for removing the closet or changing rooms, it won't help. He will just develop a new thing to fixate on. When I was a kid, I couldn't have my closet door open even a little bit, it had to be all the way shut. I couldn't have an arm or leg or anything hanging off the bed, because something from under the bed might grab it, and I couldn't have my room door latched, the door had to be somewhat closed, but not latched.

It is ok to indulge a certain amount of things, but it is necessary to help him learn to take control of the situation as well. Don't move his room, and don't tear out the closet.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Gosh where do I start!

Well for a start I was that kid with the built in closet who got the screaming abdabs nightly. I absolutely hated that room and refused point blank to have the big light off. At that time (I was about 5) it had nothing to do with dreams. In the semi darkness I was wide awake waiting for those long brown fingers to snake around the door. My parents dismissed it all as having an overactive imagination of course. They tried everything, leaving the room door wide open and the landing light on to conceding to defeat and moving me to another room. The moving to another room did actually work though and I was absolutely fine until we moved house. Someone mentioned a relationship to a body of water, well that house was adjacent to a babbling brook. The room that bothered me I slept with my back or rather my head to the water, the room I was eventually moved into and had no more problem in I slept facing it or my feet towards it.

So a few years later we moved house. Not far away, a short walk as it goes and across the other side of this brook. I was 8, everything was peachy and Mum and Dad for the sake of a quiet life took the front bedroom with the built in closet that this time was the airing cupboard with an old copper hot water tank in it. Anyway this was when my sleep paralysis started and threw me another wobbly. Not the greatest thing to have to cope with when you're still a kid, I didn't know anything about it until years later when I found the internet, I couldn't really convey to my parents what exactly was going on so they just put it down to fear of the dark. Truth be told I didn't really mind the dark, I just didn't like the shadow people standing around my bed.

That year ET came out. Everybody loved ET right? Cute, sweet little ET with his tiny podgy brown frame and his lumbering gait. Oh bloody no not me, ET the extra terrestrial everyone's favourite little botanist from outer space would send me into a blithering tearful sweaty panicky wreck. It was everywhere you looked, I couldn't avoid it, my parents and friends mums thought I was stark raving mad. Truth was that bar the glowy heart and finger that little swine was as close damnit to the thing in the closet a few years back. So yeah, my 8th year of life was fairly tricky.

Since then thanks to my SP and hypnogogic madness I've had some fairly hair raising nights. I experienced only shadow people as a kid but as I crept into adulthood the imagery became more vividly colourful animated and bizarre. One night I had a bright neon green demonic face, huge red lolling tongue and big old bat wing ears flapping around the room above me. When I came out of it I was more shocked than scared, a definite wtf moment that one, but I began to see the episodes as just annoying back then and eventually they began to wane and dwindled to nothing. Unfortunately they hit me like a brick again after the birth of my first child.

From out of nowhere I had your full on classic aliengreyeggpinchinghomegynecological visit. I have to say their bedside manner was impeccable even though it was rude not to ask first. Obviously because it started with all the usual markers of a SP moment I eventually put it all down to that, like I said before, purely for my own piece of mind really, but still I've never experienced anything so earth shudderingly realistic as that and it's something that I'll never really get over. After that I had moments like the shadows coming back, but no in your face (and I really mean that literally) aliens and again after a little while it all dwindled into nothing apart from the odd minor flare up every few years or so.

Lately I'm having a real bad time of it again, I'm lucky if I get a night off from it. I too like to see the colours and they too in turn end up contorting into tortured or just plain malevolent faces, sometimes I've had flashing symbols that's when I know I'm frankly #ed and I'm in for it. A few months ago the symbols had me trying to wrench myself awake only to see figures dressed as Anubis and Horus standing either side of my bed. A few days later something felt like it had hold of my ankles and was trying to wrench me off the bed towards the full length mirror. As for shadow people again just a few nights ago I snapped out of face face contorting business to be confronted by a fully grown adult male sized figure sort of perched on the top of my wardrobe while doing a spiderman thing on the ceiling by its arms. He promptly got told to right off.

That's just the tip of the iceberg as far as odd event's goes with me. Far more have occurred whilst I was fully awake. Thankfully the kids haven't been as affected as I did growing up. I battled my childrens monsters with tomato soup, apparently monsters under the bed are deathly afraid of mothers threatening them with tomato soup!

edit on 12-7-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

WOW!

Suspiria, if you are interested in finding out what is going on with you, and all these "spiritual" visits (probably from the underworld) go to this thread and ask this man to ask his guides. He does readings for people, and he can help answer questions for you. You need to get rid of this, or find out what they want.
Good luck in your journey. Here is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I had same creature for many years. First experience was it getting my attention to follow it then I found my mother in bathroom she had passed out having miscarriage. I saw it until I left home at 18. We had allot of other stuff also. Another persons child had same thing only it their case the thing was at side of bed and it's tounge rolled out about a foot then heard parent and vanished.

At 14 we dug out our basement to make a full under house basement. We found foot prints and many sightings. This is way more common than you may think.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Can I ask ?

Does anyone else experience " Lost time " with these sightings ( I am not infering Alien abductions ) because I often do, these have been happening far more frequently with me lately, sometime two or three a week. The most disturbing one was only a couple of weeks ago, I lost a whole 3 hours in one go. I was disturbed by the cat wanting to go out at 1.00am ( the cat is often excited by them, although not scared ) I let the cat out, went back to bed, laid there for 20 mins wondering if I had re-locked the door properly, then decided to go and check. It turned out that it was now 4.20am, I know I had not fallen asleep in that time, as my thought process about the door was uninterupted.

I am used to losing time, but it is usually only about 1 hour at a time, admittedly they have visited more lately and there have been more of them at a time, they seem eager to get what they are doing, done, but I still have no idea what they are actually doing, at times they seem to be using the sticks to measure areas, but I just wondered if the sightings and the time loss were connected.

P.S. I am not going crazy or ill, I have annual Psych consultations and medical checks ( for my work ) and always pass them with flying colours.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Qwenn because: P.S.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

WOW!

Suspiria, if you are interested in finding out what is going on with you, and all these "spiritual" visits (probably from the underworld) go to this thread and ask this man to ask his guides. He does readings for people, and he can help answer questions for you. You need to get rid of this, or find out what they want.

Thanks, I just wish I knew what it was all about you know?.

Maybe I'm just sensitive and things are just trying to get my attention because they are sick of me not reaching some potential. Maybe it's just plain malevolent or maybe I'm just not wired up right full stop. I highly doubt that though because other people have had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing, feeling and hearing odd things occasionally when in my presence too. I seem to be an oddity magnet or something.

Have I dabbled in things many people perceive we shouldn't? Yeah course I have, but my problems started way wayyy before that. I think there's definitely a family link of some sort. Over the years my mum has opened up to me about certain things, I think it was a relief for her to get stuff off her chest. She's had her own fair share of experiences but it would seem the moment I was born it all shot through the roof really. We don't really know what to make of it, but at least she tells me straight away now instead of keeping things to herself.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Have you ever closed your eyes and then consciously watched the images on your eyelids?

Yup. I do it all the time. Totally relax and let the images flow. Many times they are too rapid to hold on to and understand. I'm trying to slow them down without interfering with the flow of them coming in. It's best done when totally relaxed and without stressful things on my mind.
edit on 7/13/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by sled735

WOW!

Thanks, I just wish I knew what it was all about you know?.

Maybe I'm just sensitive and things are just trying to get my attention because they are sick of me not reaching some potential. Maybe it's just plain malevolent or maybe I'm just not wired up right full stop. I highly doubt that though because other people have had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing, feeling and hearing odd things occasionally when in my presence too. I seem to be an oddity magnet or something.

Have I dabbled in things many people perceive we shouldn't? Yeah course I have, but my problems started way wayyy before that. I think there's definitely a family link of some sort. Over the years my mum has opened up to me about certain things, I think it was a relief for her to get stuff off her chest. She's had her own fair share of experiences but it would seem the moment I was born it all shot through the roof really. We don't really know what to make of it, but at least she tells me straight away now instead of keeping things to herself.

You may enjoy reading the experiences on my thread. There are people sharing every kind of experience imaginable there. You'll find you aren't "odd" at all!!
I would also love for you to post some of your experiences there, if you wish.
Here is the link to my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Sorry, OP. Don't mean to steal your posters. I think her reading the experiences there will help her.)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

smyleegrl:

I am sorry, but I have not read all the posts in this thread ...... have not got the time. I tried to locate where you gave background information about YOU, not your son. Have you ever had experiences where beings appeared?

Another thing. I have been deliberately over oversimplifying. Human beings are complicated. They have a subconscious, dreams, premonition, impressions, emotions, vision; furthermore, if there is more than one universe, the other universes are connected to our 3D universe through zero dimensional space. As you can imagine it is actually very complicated. And I named only a few variables. Trying to isolate a variable in order to insure investigate a particular aspect is near impossible. In a human being all the variable freely flow into each other and the mind interprets an experience. And since we know from experiments I already described that the mind can and does generate internal images, we have to ask is the experience real, meaning part of physical reality ….. the rubber hose on the floor ….. or imagined ….. as in the snake, an internal image, not part of physical reality.

A human being experiencing an “internal experience” that is not part of physical reality experiences that internal experience in the same way as an external experience. To that human being the internal experience is every bit as REAL as the external experience.

The reason I am asking about your part experiences is because I do not believe you are experiencing an external experience, and I do not believe you are experiencing an internal experience of your own creations, because I believe your son is projecting his internal experience to you.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Qwenn

I am not sure that what you are describing is "Lost Time".

From 1 am to 4:20 am is 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Seems to me that a person wondering if they properly locked the door would not spend more than 5 or 10 minutes thinking about before going to check if the door is looked: they would not spend 3 hours and 20 minutes thinking about it.

You indicate that you know you did not fall asleep. In a "Lost Time" experience you would know it is 1 am and then in what to you is the very next second it is 4:20 am and you have no idea of what happened during the 3 hours and 20 minutes, especially meaning you would not know if you did or if you did not fall asleep.

So I do not think you are describing "Lost Time" in this particular event, anyway.

Along the lines of what I said to another person posting in this thread, you may not be experiencing an external experience. It may be an internal experience. There is no way for YOU to tell the difference between an external experience and an internal experience because they are both experience in exactly the same way. It requires a second person who either does nor does not experience the exact experience as you in order to make an INEXACT guess as to if your experience is external or internal. Why "inexact", because if the second person does experence your same experience it might be that you projected it to the second person. So the best we can do is use a second person who has never had any strange experiences so we can be reasonablly sure the second person is not attuned (however you want to say it) paranormal events or zero dimensional space. If we can be reasonablly sure the second person is not attuned, then we can be reasonablly sure but not 100% certain that you experience was either external or internal by what the second person experiences. If you experience an event and the second person does not, then your event was most likely internal, not an external part of physica reality. If you experience an event and the second person also experiences the event , then it is most likely, but not 100% certain, that your experience was external and part of physical reality. BUT YOU by yourself can not make a determaination because you experience bot, internal and external, in exactly the same way.

This is part of the problem with paranormal (or zero dimensional) events. The eyewitness testimony is not reliable because the eyewitness can not distinguish between an internal or an external event because bot are experienced in exactly the same way.

You see, it is WAY MORE COMPLICATED than the general public realizes. This is why a lot of scientists throw their hand up in the air and conduct other scientific investigation instead of the paranormal. It is funny how few people of the general public have never heard about the internal and external events.

What you are experiencing is very real to you .... but the question is whether or not it is an internal or external experience, and unfortunately you can not tell us that because you experience them both in exactly the same way.

I know I am not helping you very much, but at least your getting some idea of what your up against.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 0dman

You may be right, I don't know.

To clarify a couple of points you made, I knew I had locked up, however, I was not sure that I had locked all of the door locks ( it is a bit like Fort Knox here ), I mulled on this for 20 mins, then went to check, as I thought the cat may come back in. The clock in my bedroom said 1.20am, when I got to the kitchen, the clock there said 4.20am, when I got back to the bedroom, the clock there also said that it was way past 4.00. So the time it took me to get to the kitchen was 3 hours, as the house is not THAT big and I don't sleep standing up, I can only assume that there was a full 3 hours missing.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
reply to post by 0dman

You may be right, I don't know.

To clarify a couple of points you made, I knew I had locked up, however, I was not sure that I had locked all of the door locks ( it is a bit like Fort Knox here ), I mulled on this for 20 mins, then went to check, as I thought the cat may come back in. The clock in my bedroom said 1.20am, when I got to the kitchen, the clock there said 4.20am, when I got back to the bedroom, the clock there also said that it was way past 4.00. So the time it took me to get to the kitchen was 3 hours, as the house is not THAT big and I don't sleep standing up, I can only assume that there was a full 3 hours missing.

David Wilcock may offer you some anwsers in this video concerning the "lost time" phenomena. I hope you watch the whole video. He offers soooooo much valuable information to EVERYONE! I've posted this video on a lot of other threads, trying to get the info out there.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i would go with the multidimensional perception theory based upon being in a half sleep/wake state. you are perceiving 'bleedthrough' of parallel realities and thought forms that may originate on a physical level but have a non-physical realm of manifestation. the rush to say these aspects of consciousness, or entities, are demonic is a bizarre trend in human religious culture. if you see a bird, a lizard, a snail, a moth, a centipede and a squirrel in your physical perception, all these animals are alien to your humanness, but which are 'demonic'? the centipede? though forms and entities that are non-physical are best perceived in a detached non-judgemental fashion. some non-physical entites may be centipedes that bite, but they are still native to the expression of consciousness, and are not demonic in simpistic biblical terms.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

thats a nice story of what a scardy cat you are, but please try to stay germain to the subject and avoid your troll tendencies.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirbadazz
reply to post by DocHolidaze

thats a nice story of what a scardy cat you are, but please try to stay germain to the subject and avoid your troll tendencies.

His post was neither offf-topic nor indicative of cowardice. Please try to avoid troll tendencies and bad manners. Sorry to come across so harsh, but DocHolidaze is a friend and I have a lot of respect for him.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I started on your thread again last friday, got to about page 20 then realised just how ginormous it was.

I'll get there eventually, but it may take some time.
Funny old thing though. Since I wrote my post here the SP seem's to have stopped again for a bit. Touch wood anyway.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by sled735

I started on your thread again last friday, got to about page 20 then realised just how ginormous it was.

I'll get there eventually, but it may take some time.
Funny old thing though. Since I wrote my post here the SP seem's to have stopped again for a bit. Touch wood anyway.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

Keep going. Some VERY interesting, and scary experiences start on page 30 something. Timical's experiences will blow your mind! He has many more almost up to the end of the thread. Post something on my thread, if you wish. I'm sure my readers would LOVE to hear your experience! Thanks for taking a look.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Any updates, Smyleegrl? Are you back from vacation yet? I'm interested to know how things are going with ridding your house of this creature.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I have a similar story. I was at a kids play one night at an elementary school. Something was different though, I felt as if something or some people were trying to pass false judgement on me, so I kept my mind with God. The play continued, but something evil was near, I could feel it. It was trying to do something or force something upon my mind or our minds...
When I felt this uncomfortable feeling arise near me, my mind said,"Let this haste begone!", right as my mind said it, a window smashed and broke on the other side of the room.
There's more to this world than most of could ever imagine or believe. I've been trying to let you all know that , you all really don't know jack, but I just better let time tell from now on, because you don't believe anything even if the lord told you personally!
Prepare the game is still a foot! I won't tell you what to expect anymore, I've tried for years and it proved pointless, so you all are on your own now. Can you guess what happens next..I can!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join