It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs losing their winter coats late this year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Read a post in another thread a few minutes ago..

"Very nice post.

Plants and animals becoming confused is something I can most definitely notice. Recently I have noticed my dog started losing his winter coat a lot later than other years. Same thing with other people's dogs I know. It seems they are confused (just like I am) about the seasons, they are definitely not regular this year."

I hadn't given it much thought but both of my dogs were very late in losing their winter coats as well, which is strange because the heat came way earlier here than normal (northeast US)

Anyone else notice this with their pets? And if there is a pattern, what the heck could it mean? Do the animals know of something we don't?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
redacted
edit on 7-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't know where you live but we had a very mild winter with a hot spring and a VERY hot summer. Maybe he lost his winter fur earlier and he's shedding more due to the hot weather.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

with my dogs, the "big" shedding took place really late....where they "throw their coat"

due to the weather, i should have happened way earlier

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I understand. I'm just saying that the pets around here are shedding again. 2nd moulting.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

oh, ok, gotcha. yeah, i don't expect it to end this year

top topics

join