It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could You Please Make This AWESOME! Feature a Reality for ATS Members, I Think We Would Love It!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
Personally I would prefer the capability to click a feature in the drop down menu and have all direct replies to a post combined on that one page.

Something like the "posts in thread" option, but listing all the replies to that post?

I think it's possible, but I don't have the slightest idea of what should be changed (if anything should be changed) in the forum code to implement that.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
What is ATMS?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
What is ATMS?

Americas top model search ;P

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I still think they should have the feature 'see who has looked at your profile'.
Then have it list the people who looked and when they looked.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

doesn't really work. The one on facebook is a fake

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Don't roast me too hard if there is already a feature like that here and I am just a bit too dense to realize it.

All good lurkers know the ropes. All your answers have been provided:

To view a particular member's posts, goto the drop down, and click on that member's Profile.

To see all replies to your posts, goto your message center, and click the Replies tab.

As far as seeing who's viewed your profile or posts, that's a privacy concern, and is not implemented due to the fact that lurkers like to browse around without being identified as to where and when they lurk.

My advice is simply to read a thread all the way through, and not miss out on all the amazing content generated by the user base. I know that is sometimes hard to do, but in the end, it is definitely worth it.

My analogy: It's like reading a book. You don't want to read a book by skipping a few chapters here and there, then skip to the ending, read it, then go back and read the chapters you missed. It's much more satisfying to start at the beginning, and read it a chapter at a time, from start to finish.

But that's just me.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by esteay812

My advice is simply to read a thread all the way through, and not miss out on all the amazing content generated by the user base. I know that is sometimes hard to do, but in the end, it is definitely worth it.

I don't have time to read threads all the way through. It can take me, with my dyslexia, more than 4+ hours to read a long one. They are too damn long and contain too much useless information. There is no option for me other than to skim, except with short threads.

The better tools available to help me skim quickly, the less likely I am to miss something I'm interested in.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

haha, yeah, I'll claim tyops to be on purpose.

Was not so much on drugs as deliriously tired and spouting non-sense to amuse myself.... if you still want some, I imagine you can wake up @ 4a and head to a farm, then work loaind gbales of hay all day

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes Armap! that is exactly what I mean, I would love to have that feature - especially in some of the larger threads where tere are several debates taking place, where finding all replies can lead through pages of posts and even then leads to some being missed

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

I agree with you 100%, time is always a factor, especially in the larger threads that move very fast.

There are even instances where several debates have started by one person as a result of completely different posts they made in the thread, this option would make it very easy to keep up with multiple debates.

There are ways to find the replies from members, but that does require several steps, which drives my laziness to desire an option in the drop down menu

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

All they have to do is implement a line of code that would take every instance of "this post is in reply to _____" and compile it in a new page titled "Replies to _____ by ______" or something like that. It isn't very difficult at all...it would be more difficult to design the response template that gives us such a range of creativity!

Awesome suggestion. I think it could be really helpful in the busier threads.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That does sound relatively simple, but I really know nothing about writing code for a website.

Maybe ATS will give us this function, it seems pretty straight forward and most members seem supportive and in agreement.

If it is a simple change in code, then maybe we will see this option, and possibly others, sooner than I could have hoped.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join