Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Would you eat lab grown meat?

page: 2
8
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by artnut
This is really gross, I don't even know where to start.

But, if I was dying of starvation? Yeah, probably. Hopefully I am never in that position, and would eat beans first, and I really hate beans.


i was a bit unsure at first but killing a cow etc.. is gross also and all the trees/animals that get the chop




posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by canyouhandletruth
 


Taking into consideration that I am a human created by means of natural selection, no I would not eat or drink something that is not compatible with my natural existent as a human.

Just look what GMOs are doing to our bodies, that should be an eye opener.



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by canyouhandletruth
 


Taking into consideration that I am a human created by means of natural selection, no I would not eat or drink something that is not compatible with my natural existent as a human.

Just look what GMOs are doing to our bodies, that should be an eye opener.


GMO is ok, its progress and you cant stop progress

they need to be carefull with GMO but it is progress

the meat isnt GMO, its grown from other meat



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
re:
Just look what GMOs are doing to our bodies, that should be an eye opener.


there is always an opposite, you know about placebo and its proven fact, only humans do it
it has an opposite
google: nocebo effect



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No thanks ... you eat it ... wont touch any genetically modified , chemical filled rubbish that westerners consider food ... that stuff will kill you ...



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would throw away my vegetarian ways for a nice thick slice of that smeat.

Oh BTW, just saying. >u



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Would you eat lab grown meat?


No. Not knowingly. We don't even eat "chunked & formed", or "processed" meat (hot dogs, lunch meat etc) now.

I firmly believe that the further you get from natural foods, the more health problems. Until I read a generation or two of testing refuting this, I won't be convinced that there's no connection.

So as long as "real meat" is available, & there's not a load of science disproving side affects, we're not going there.
edit on 7-7-2012 by AtlasShrugging because: danged keyboard can't spell



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888
 


You are so right is not funny, I will not touch anything manufactured or mass produced in America.

America is been killed no even slowly but very rapidly with GMOs, manufactured crap and pharmaceutical drugs.

I see it everyday walking time bombs in the streets.



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Is that black lab or yellow lab or brown lab?

OK yes, I would. As long as they are free-range labs.
edit on 7-7-2012 by poppycock because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by canyouhandletruth
 


Sure , why not ? How about with some Fava Beans and a Nice Chianti ? .slurrrpslurppp.........



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yes I would if it had the nutritional properties of animal-grown meat.
Second line if for yum!



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
been a veggie for over 21 years, but if the 'meat' was completely synthetic, with no animal parts involved in it's manufacture, then yes, i'd try it. otherwise, no.



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by canyouhandletruth
 


I would'nt go near it with a 10 foot barge poll. In fact, I'm about to change my whole diet which will no longer include GMO, sugar (including fake sugars), gluten, chicken, beef, seafood or dairy. All my hair and skin products including cleaning agents will be naturally made in my kitchen.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
well before i condemn it, id at least have to taste it. I'm sure it wouldn't be any different than spam or the like. Besides you have to think that this might be all that is available to us lowly peasants. An actual yummy cow burger might be a thing of the past. That idea actually depresses me a bit. ok gonna go and eat all the steak i can, while i can



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
No thanks ... you eat it ... wont touch any genetically modified , chemical filled rubbish that westerners consider food ... that stuff will kill you ...



yes i agree but its not genetically modified , chemical filled

its meat that is grown
it will be less chemicals in it than farmed meat
its not GMO either

i sense a knee jerk reaction as many foods in the west are bad now even the meat



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by poppycock
Is that black lab or yellow lab or brown lab?

OK yes, I would. As long as they are free-range labs.
edit on 7-7-2012 by poppycock because: (no reason given)


eh eh funny mate



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
been a veggie for over 21 years, but if the 'meat' was completely synthetic, with no animal parts involved in it's manufacture, then yes, i'd try it. otherwise, no.


its not synthetic

its grown in a vat like cheese

the 1st batch would use a small tissue sample from a real cow but from then on the small tissue sample to start new batches would be from lab grown meat

is that ok?



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dxdydz
Yes I would if it had the nutritional properties of animal-grown meat.
Second line if for yum!


yes it would be the same as animal-grown meat



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
If you eat quorn you are already eating lab grown meat substitute, so what would be the difference?



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtlasShrugging

Would you eat lab grown meat?


No. Not knowingly. We don't even eat "chunked & formed", or "processed" meat (hot dogs, lunch meat etc) now.

I firmly believe that the further you get from natural foods, the more health problems. Until I read a generation or two of testing refuting this, I won't be convinced that there's no connection.

So as long as "real meat" is available, & there's not a load of science disproving side affects, we're not going there.
edit on 7-7-2012 by AtlasShrugging because: danged keyboard can't spell


re:
agreed i don't even eat "chunked & formed", or "processed" meat (hot dogs, lunch meat etc) either

yes agreed the further you get from natural foods, the more health problems

re:
So as long as "real meat" is available, & there's not a load of science disproving side affects, we're not going there.

well thats kinda one of the reasons i bring it up, real meat might be less available and side effects are the same as cow

its the same process/s a cow uses to grow meat





new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join