It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Eerie Images and Ads That Foreshadowed 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
These are pretty crazy! Considering how popular the towers were, I don't think there is much to these. However I thought I would share them with ATS. I don't really know how to put them up on here, but here is the link. Check it out! If you have any of your own, feel free to add or link to them.

8 Eerie Images and Ads That Foreshadowed 9/11

It's almost scary when you realize how close some media outlets came to predicting the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks without even realizing it. All of the images and advertisements below were printed years before the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Heres one of the pics from your link

The message is that steel is strong
'Structures built with steel can dramatically withstand the unusual dynamic forces generated by a catastrophic event,whether from an Earthquake a Hurricane or even an explosion.'

edit on 7-7-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Okay I apologise up front for this post will not contribute anything to the furthering of knowledge.

I want a T-shirt of the last picture, only instead of Cookie monster it should be George W. or at least his head on Cookies body.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

If you read the text under the pic of the towers it does kind of foreshadow it

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
And let's not forget the cover of the SNES video game, Die Hard -

It's not exact, but.. come on, what would anyone think when they see that, now-a-days?
edit on 7-7-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have that pamphlet from 1984. I found it a few years ago when I was going through some high school stuff. I usually don't keep a lot of sentimental things, but I'm glad I have that.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think the crescent moon is interesting in the cookie monster pic. The trade towers though are so iconic, it seems natural to include in promotions over the years. I do find the Israel candy one a bit intriguing though.
edit on 7-7-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Looks like an all seeing eye!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Those are eerie...

But not that surprising that of the thousands of ads some would be creepy.

They were the most iconic structures in the worlds most famous city after all, but seeing those ads really brings back memories of how big a part of peoples lives they were. I grew up right outside NYC saw them almost everyday and 10 years later the skyline still looks weird Without them.

The new tower just isn't as impressive and it seems smaller even though it's not.

new topics

top topics

join