It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force trains drone pilots by tracking civilian cars in US!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yup, thats right..
Via, BlackListedNews
NYTimes

When I visited the base earlier this year with a small group of reporters, we were taken into a command post where a large flat-screen television was broadcasting a video feed from a drone flying overhead. It took a few seconds to figure out exactly what we were looking at. A white S.U.V. traveling along a highway adjacent to the base came into the cross hairs in the center of the screen and was tracked as it headed south along the desert road. When the S.U.V. drove out of the picture, the drone began following another car.

“Wait, you guys practice tracking enemies by using civilian cars?” a reporter asked. One Air Force officer responded that this was only a training mission, and then the group was quickly hustled out of the room.

Now, some will say.. "Well, how else are they going to train?" And while they may be right, it seems to me they could do the right thing and track a military convoy or some other military vehicle? They could have the driver take a route own his own accord and have the drone track him as if it is tracking a 'terrorist'... But no, they are using civilian vehicles to train.. Imagine driving down the highway, looking behind you or through your sunroof and you sea a reaper slowly tracking you?!!?

The other implication is, they are ready to use these on civilians, if need be! They have, for some time now, been practicing following civilians and to me, it sets a bad precedent! That must be some sort of violation of rights, no?

This goes hand in hand with other threads about drones I have posted regarding use of drones over American soil to track/spy on/etc civilians!

Check out this map (This is a little bit of an old map with locations of permits given for Police, Universities, etc that have been allowed to fly drones within america,

And a thread regarding 64 drone bases currently active in the states,
Revealed: 64 Drone Bases on American Soil

Ugh!!! This is the new way of spying on people.. the new way of violating your privacy! Now, as you may have noticed, I am from Canada.. and what happens in the US, a lot of times transfers to Canada.. which is why I am so concerened about this! If the apathy of Americans allows the drones to continue and to grow, (see bottom threads, 30,000+ drones to be flying soon!) we may see them up here! Infact, there are already drones patrolling the U.S/Canada border, and Canada is considering buying drones to patrol the Arctic.. it will soon not only be over all American cities, but most likely we will follow our big brother and do the same here

The other reason it scares me is the fact that this drone program overseas is NOT officially admitted.. AND when officials slip up, the justification for using drones is sickening. I have posted this video, but I feel it gives a perfect example of what TPTB feel the drone program is doing,

Yea, drones are full of Righteousness and Goodness...

For further reading please see the following threads/info!!

The Drone Filed Guide
Drone Spotters (Where you can report seeing drones in your area)
U.S. Drone Policy: Standing Near Terrorists Makes You A Terrorist
8 Creepy Spy Technologies That Can Be Hitched to Your Neighborhood Drones
Police Departments Plan to Equip Drones with Rubber Bullets and Tear Gas
Drone strikes: Obama moves to block release of files on kill programme
US Homeland Security Chair: Drones ‘carry out the policies of righteousness and goodness-VIDEO
Drones Over American Skies: Obama is Watching You!!!,

There is so much info out there and constant stories about drones everyday! If it isn't about domestic surveillance, it is pakistan or yemen or africa drone attacks.. I think there should be a forum dedicated to the 'Drone Wars'

Thoughts?!?!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Already here, although your thread is much better. SnF

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It is very possible to train using the buddy that you know, and live with everyday. But, in doing this, you know his movements, and how he thinks. By using regular cars, you can get the most real experience, because you don't know what to expect from said car.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Don't see a problem with this...what's allt he fuss about? They need to practice somewhere. It's not like anyoens diving into the personal lives of the people driving the cars (then there is a problem). They're simply using cars driving on roads to practice their tracking capabilities. To think something nefarious is goign on is simpy ridiculous at this point.

I do believe that the drones monitoring US citizens on a daily basis is wrong, but if they need to practice on random cars on the ground to get better at using the machines we spend money on, by all means....practice away. May aswell put those dumbass expensive drones to good use!

Point being, they need practice, they're not invading anyones personal space (yet), and our tax dollars would otherwise be going to waste if those drones were to collect dust in a hangar somewhere. They should be used for military purposes only though.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well for now Ky is still drone free, I think if you can see them in your area I have a gut feeling that that's the time to get the hell out of dodge.

Could I also lets say oh I'm sorry I thought it was a duck lol

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Don't see a problem with this...what's allt he fuss about? They need to practice somewhere. It's not like anyoens diving into the personal lives of the people driving the cars (then there is a problem). They're simply using cars driving on roads to practice their tracking capabilities. To think something nefarious is goign on is simpy ridiculous at this point.

I do believe that the drones monitoring US citizens on a daily basis is wrong, but if they need to practice on random cars on the ground to get better at using the machines we spend money on, by all means....practice away. May aswell put those dumbass expensive drones to good use!

Point being, they need practice, they're not invading anyones personal space (yet), and our tax dollars would otherwise be going to waste if those drones were to collect dust in a hangar somewhere. They should be used for military purposes only though.

UGHHHHHHHH

They don't need to practice AT ALL with civilians, these drones are ment for military purposes,
therefore if they want to train with them they can do so with their own autos on their own bases.

There is no possible jusitification for these drones other then to continue subversive policies in the name of safety.

May aswell put those dumbass expensive drones to good use!

What kind of crazy ass logic is this?

Oh I guess we those expensive nukes sitting around, BETTER PUT THEM TO GOOD USE .. JESUS.

They had their practice in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen and Somalia etc..
those veterans can come back and show them how it's done on their bases if they were serious.

No, this is strictly political maneuvering ment to incrementally make this all acceptable to everyone.

You think the minute some Lt. orders Pvt. Jimmy jones to fire on one of these civilians in the future he won't hesitate due to his training?

Yes, civilians in the future, they will pissed.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well....if you are going to have an operational police state...you do need to practice.

And if the target is American citizens...it makes sense to practice on American citizens.

And to serve the interest of the real and truthful intent of the second amendment...I believe I have
the right to own anti-drone missiles and be allowed to practice tracking drones while they practice
tracking citizens...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by Nspekta

Already here, although your thread is much better. SnF

Dammit! Lol i swear i searched!! :-) s&f for you too friend!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

You've been living under a rock or something? You see nothing absolutely wrong with that let alone the drones themselves? The military, police, government, etc.... are not our friends. They want US DEAD, they want CONTROL and they can only do that with cameras constantly tracking everything being done and said as to not let any critical information be leaked out. Why do you think they're trying to take over the internet lately? Everything they're doing right now is to stop us from joining together and doing something about the evil they commit. Even if we get to that point of joining together they'll label us as terrorists and quickly solve the situation. It just gets messy with media and their propaganda, and that includes most media even local. But you consider it fine because it's the military blah blah blahhhh don't want tax payers money to go to waste blahhh #ing dandy.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie

Oh, you forgot to mention, they create lots of $$$ and jobs!

Move along nothing to see here(sarcasm).

top topics

join