Have you ever woken up in someone elses body?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I did a lot of meditation in my late teen an early twenties. It was about that time my sleep paralizys started, after a while it was so bad it happened every night. What was really strange was that I sometimes woke up in other peoples bodies and bedrooms, it was just for a few seconds before I would wake up in my own bed. Has anyone else experienced this?
edit on 7-7-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-7-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

I've had a dream about it, and it was really quite bizarre. Maybe it was a dream and maybe it wasn't.

/shrug

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This happens all the time
Some days i don't know who i am

Cran

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No but entities have woke up in my body more than a few times.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I've had a few 'glimpses' before. I'm not sure if they are real or just my imagination. But they happen quickly. I can either be thinking about someone specific, or sometimes it's just completely random. Basically it's just a flash of an image or a few seconds of seeing through their eyes and what they are seeing at that moment.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Hmmm. I never saw it as waking up in someone else's body, I always thought it was just me in a totally different environment. I would find myself in a different house and environment with the feeling that I belonged there, like it was mine. I always thought I was looking at my future circumstance. I grew up on the west coat in a desert environment with houses spread far apart from each other, and would have lucid experiences of living in a different environment with grass and trees and houses closer to each other. Today, I live in an area that has grass and trees with houses closer to each other.

edit on 7-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Have You Ever Awakened In Someone Else's Body?

No, but a few people have awakened in mine.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Nope, but I have woken up in my mums house in Scotland while working out in Egypt, and regularly go for walks out through the window or up through the ceiling or through the wall door or whatever immovable object is in my way, I have never yet when out seen another living human being, only once while in a neighbours house did I see another person although they saw me first and I knew like me they were wandering or dis-attached entities, I have floated up the the Ceiling while awake/sleeping and looked down on my physical self thinking you don't look that bad I had issues with my looks at that time, I was about 12, now 40, after that i didn't fear death although now 40 the opposite is true, my whole life is one strange experience I guess.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

A friend of mine...says that while people are sleeping...(with some people)...their spirit and soul depart and go visiting in other realms...sometimes when this happens another spirit and soul will enter the sleeping body...then when the original spirit and soul return...the other S&S have to leave and to back from where they originated from.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

A friend of mine...says that while people are sleeping...(with some people)...their spirit and soul depart and go visiting in other realms...sometimes when this happens another spirit and soul will enter the sleeping body...then when the original spirit and soul return...the other S&S have to leave and to back from where they originated from.

That is a common occultist belief, wonder if it is true... That would explain it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MerkabaMeditation

Originally posted by caladonea

That is a common occultist belief, wonder if it is true... That would explain it.

That information is very interesting...because my friend is not into the occult at all...quite the opposite.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

The YT movie Soul Travelers speaks of it, the guy behind it is a student of The Mysteries, or, the hidden.He speaks of what is Us actually resides in some of several realms,and that in sleep the soul, if you want to call it that, leaves the physical body and travels to other realms.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
By all the replies I have gotten so far it seems that this is a fairly common experience, and still I have never heard of anyone bringing it to light before, how odd...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I cant recall waking up in another person, but I can recall a dream where woke up in another reality of my life. where my dad was alive. I was married and seen multiple other differences to make me think of another side to us all. maybe our wants or maybe the black and white is more colorful than the matter we have with our five senses.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioHawken
I cant recall waking up in another person, but I can recall a dream where woke up in another reality of my life. where my dad was alive. I was married and seen multiple other differences to make me think of another side to us all. maybe our wants or maybe the black and white is more colorful than the matter we have with our five senses.

I've read that many different realities can co-exist, perhaps you visited one where you had taken different choises. Some theorize that many simultainious realities could help us understand time travel too, because what would happen if you went back in time and killed Hitler? Would another reality where WW2 never happened exist simulainiously with our reality or would our reality vanish?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Multiple realities and time travel can twist the dimensions of space -time -and matter that exists in our subconscious and/or our conscious(awakened) reality.

In my previous post I stated I cant recall being in another person and my topic/ discussion now steps away from this, but I do also believe in incarnation and have my own theories and what you said you read is very true to me. example. my dad survived lung cancer in that reality and in this reality my dad passed and my mom remarried.
Or the bigger picture itler won/lost - existed/ didn't exist.
When I struggle I struggle with the big picture of our universe/ our planet and sun and the seven billion and the seven billion past is that we consciously/subconsciously EXIST. Reaching out looking past what we see and know I think makes us arrogant to accept our own conscious of our senses
I'd love to find a space/time/matter thread. thatd be an awesome discussion with others I don't know.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
you people have some crazy dreams, but that is all they are, dreams.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't believe it is possible to wake up outside your own body. Its more likely it was a dream.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

You don't have to be sleeping. They come at you at all hours. And they never ask permission.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join