It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs...(In the point of view of many Christians)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It amazes me that anyone could actually believe any of this. Years ago, I had a friend that didn't even believe we have gotten into space because its not mentioned in the bible. Wow! I respect every religion but science is based on studies that go to fact. Clearly we as man don't understand anything but dinosaurs and man? Come on.

Dinosaurs were on teh earth 65 millions years ago, man didn't appear until 250,000 years ago. That's a huge gap. HUGE!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Nothing existed before 6,000 years ago! Remember?!

LOL

Oh you Sinny person, you. Mocking like that.

It is nothing personal, but I intend to pick on you. I trust you won't feel personally attacked, because that it's my intent. Okay?

My intent is to dwell on this matter the OP offered, along with the dumb ass mindset that presumes many "Christians" are brainwashed into things this 6 Days of Creation in Genesis 1, is 6, 24 hours period of time, and the dating of the Earth.

The Following Bible timeline is fairly accurate, for the most part.

Please note, this Timeline, which approaches 6000 Years or so to date, is a Specific Timeline, covering only ONE important matter discussed Biblically. That is Adam alone as the starting point. Nothing else has a fixed and detailed accounting in the Bible. The 6000 Year period covers Adam's Bloodline alone.

When this Burly fellow becomes included and studied, we find Humans may have be on this Planets long before Adam. Thousand of years in fact.

Oh, and here's the kicker. That fine young man is a Woman. No wonder they became extinct

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Did you know some Dinosaur bones are so radioactive that they have to be covered in lead paint while still other bones are radioactive to the point that the bones cannot be displayed to the general public & only replicas of the bones can be displayed.

www.quora.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Pressthebutton

The dinosaurs was an experiment, before man was created. Man was to first take this form, but it didn't work out. Now, you have man as you see it today, in the image of Father.

You are just kidding...right? Please don't tell me you actually believe something that the Vatican's own Science Team does not believe.

The time that it takes organic material such as a Dino Bone to become petrified...that is to say that it has exchanged it's organic form with a Mineral Composite....takes MILLIONS OF YEARS.

That's just Physics never mind other later fossils that are still preserved in the Siberian Tundra which can be Carbon Dated....OH...and by the way...regardless of what any Church might say...Neutron Decay of an Isotopes is a LAW OF PHYSICS and is not subject to debate.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You are just kidding...right? Please don't tell me you actually believe something that the Vatican's own Science Team does not believe.

I do not follow the teachings of the Vatican, I am not sure what you mean.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Baptist then? Tough to reason with a Baptist or Born again. No logic will satisfy the hole in their heart.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

Baptist then? Tough to reason with a Baptist or Born again. No logic will satisfy the hole in their heart.
Split Infinity

Neither. I do not follow any religion at all.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Of course you do...Your Own! You believe in GOD which by itself is an act of FAITH since it cannot be proven.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Of course you do...Your Own! You believe in GOD which by itself is an act of FAITH since it cannot be proven.
Split Infinity

You can say this about others, but not myself. I am very much different.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

In what way?

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Are you saying you have proof of God?

This will be funny lol

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

In what way?

Split Infinity

If I did what I wanted to do, I would have to do for all. I would rather not go into this, but if you are truly interested. Private message me.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42
reply to post by jhill76

This will be funny lol

This will not be allowed. Man needs to be tested. To properly test, Father needs to stay in the background and observe. He does intercede when needed, and does very often. But, he does it in the unseen, or so it has a sense of normalcy. This does not limit the power of God. But, what man sees, it may seem his power is limited.
edit on 14-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
How do you as Christians view the ice age. I argue with a friend, he believes that since there was a flood there can not have been an ice age. I say why can't there have been both.

I show him satelite images of the geological features The Canadian Ice Shield, pictures of the earth crust scrapped clean of soil leaving only strait lines of scratches

depositing giant bolders in the middle of no where

No he says....that's all done by the flood

This could be a new thread...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42
reply to post by jhill76

This will be funny lol

This will not be allowed. Man needs to be tested. To properly test, Father needs to stay in the background and observe. He does intercede when needed, and does very often. But, he does it in the unseen, or so it has a sense of normalcy. This does not limit the power of God. But, what man sees, it may seem his power is limited.

I was about to PM you until I read this where you assigned GENDER to a GOD. This tells me alot. I can tell you this about my extensive experience...I KNOW as a FACT that there is something going on that is Supernatural in Nature. I also KNOW with out any reservation...that what most people believe is GOD is something much Greater than they can understand and cannot be placed within the BOX of HUMAN UNDERSTANDING.

I am a skeptic...that has experienced things that cannot be denied. I have experienced First Hand what a Person is capable of and I have very few limits on what I myself am capable of doing to protect the greater good. A question posed to many people...if the death of a child could save the lives of 100 people...would you kill that child? Interesting isn't it? Many people will say no and that all life has no quantitative basis of numerical importance. THIS IS A LIE!

In a situation as I have presented...it is the COWARD that does not make the Logical Choice. Especially if it cannot be their life to be given to achieve saving the 100 people. Some people cannot make the choice and all die. Others will shut down completely thus again...all die...then there is the select few who would gladly give their life in exchange but in this scenario...that will not save the 100...only the death of 1 child. I would pull the trigger in a Milli-Second. I would give my life if I could...but as I have said...that will not prevent the death of the 100 in this scenario. I have been shot in the chest by a stupid mistake I made that thankfully did not harm the team. I should of seen it coming...but for some reason...I didn't. Do you know what happens just before you think you will die or are close to death? You think of a word to describe your problem...and a word before that one...they are...OH...S#!%! No flashing of your life before your eyes...no realization...just...OH...S#!%!

THAT IS THE HUMAN CONDITION BROKEN DOWN! If there is a GOD...we should FIRE that GODS ASS! The World is a dangerous place and mostly because of belief in GOD! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I was about to PM you until I read this where you assigned GENDER to a GOD. This tells me alot.

How does this equate to anything of substance? I use it for easy reference, not an absolute.

The World is a dangerous place and mostly because of belief in GOD!

Can you explain how the world is dangerous, because many choose to believe in God?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I was about to PM you until I read this where you assigned GENDER to a GOD. This tells me alot.

How does this equate to anything of substance? I use it for easy reference, not an absolute.

Here is the difference between us. I NEVER USE IT AS A REFERENCE....as I find it INSANE to even do that.
The Terms...Father...Mother...or the suggestion that we are anything more important than any other life or even non-life in this Multiverse is Laughable to me.

Yet...I am lucky to be born of two very intelligent parents and thus this Genetic Trait was passed to me. I was early a Hardcore Skeptic and then experienced a few things. Then by my Third...Sometimes..."CIVILIAN" JOB...and understand the quotes for what they are...I was exposed to even more information that is capable of shutting down the mind of even the toughest of people. I was chosen because of IQ, Social Testing Quotient and a certain...Moral Flexibility.

These things that were made known to me as well as what I have experienced has altered my Consciousness and to keep grounded...I try to concentrate on doing my JOBS...one of which is helping to run several Family owned Companies...I am a Signed World Class Musician...and although I am older now...I still help run a Team of 20 Somethings that are the best and brightest of the U.S. Military when called on. If I am called on...all other methods have failed and I am a Problem Solver. Remember...I am "CIVILIAN"...not Military and salute NO ONE! Yet...although I am old enough to say no to a job...I look into the faces of these young men who ask me...ARE YOU GOING? As their ability goes up greatly if it is me that goes instead of so Gung Ho IDIOT!

This is the simple truth of existence. Either be the Lion or the Gazelle. I am the reluctant Lion who KNOWS...if there was a GOD in the way most believe...the EVIL things I have seen would never occur. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

if there was a GOD in the way most believe...the EVIL things I have seen would never occur.

Again, how can Father be at fault for the actions of others?

or the suggestion that we are anything more important than any other life or even non-life in this Multiverse is Laughable to me.

I am not following. Who has made this claim?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The word Father denotes Sexuality.

The claim has been made by more people than I can remember. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The word Father denotes Sexuality.

Maybe down here it does, but not to above.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join