It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs...(In the point of view of many Christians)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

but, since humans where supposedly giants back then, its plausible.

This sentence... is utterly nuts. Do you seriously believe this??

It explains alot... Y is it utterly nuts? Everything else was bigger, even dragonflies so y not humans? Could be how the giants structures where set in place.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

It doesn't explain anything. There's absolutely no evidence whatsoever that a) the world is only 6k years old, b) that dinosaurs and humans co-existed (there's a good 60-odd million year gap between the two) and c) that giants ever existed. It only makes sense to someone who's trying desperately reconcile their religious dogma with the known facts (and completely ignoring the facts that contradict their dogma).

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by dayve

It doesn't explain anything. There's absolutely no evidence whatsoever that a) the world is only 6k years old, b) that dinosaurs and humans co-existed (there's a good 60-odd million year gap between the two) and c) that giants ever existed. It only makes sense to someone who's trying desperately reconcile their religious dogma with the known facts (and completely ignoring the facts that contradict their dogma).

None of it matters anyway... You could say transformers roamed the earth millions years ago, it makes no difference to me. It says nothing about dinosaurs in the bible, this is just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

Maybe mainstream science is wrong
Maybe?

Ok get this, they say that humans came about around 100,000-150,000 years ago, and that the human genome is no older then 250,000 years max. Then I read a news report on Yahoo news that says they found tools and potteries used by humans in a community, that dates back 500,000 years old.
So um.....? Yeah i see things like this all the time and they just can't get it right, or "get their story straight"
edit on 7/7/2012 by GunzCoty because: missed a 0

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure 99% of Christians think dinosaurs died out around 65 million years ago, though some may disagree over the role a meteorite impact had in it all.

I suspect most Jews and Muslims think the same.

Just because a handful of fundamentalist extremists think a children's story is real, doesn't mean anyone else does. Don't tar the many with the brush of the stupid. There are always those who think the tooth fairy is real and that the elephant got it's trunk in a fight with a crocodile. Sad, really.
edit on 7-7-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Humans are not God's first creation, dinosaurs were long gone by the time of Adam and Eve.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

I'd rather scientists "got their story straight" by changing their theories to keep up to date with new discoveries rather than sticking to the script of some 2,000 year old book of myths.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Pressthebutton

The dinosaurs was an experiment, before man was created. Man was to first take this form, but it didn't work out. Now, you have man as you see it today, in the image of Father.

What a load of codswollop.
Why is your god the "father" and if man was created in his image there would be no women as they are not like him, they are different.
But that is the norm for "christians".
According to you and all the worlds muslims, women are, at best, second class citizens.
And what about the multiple "gods" that descended from heaven to mate with earth's women?
Is that were the christian and muslim male superiority complex comes from?
Just asking.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Why is your god the "father" and if man was created in his image there would be no women as they are not like him, they are different.

When you see me speak of man on here, I am speaking of both male and female. Instead of assuming, a question would you let you understand what I speak on.

You must have confused me with someone else?

And what about the multiple "gods" that descended from heaven to mate with earth's women?

These were of the watchers, not Father. As there is only one God.

edit on 7-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
I'm pretty sure 99% of Christians think dinosaurs died out around 65 million years ago, though some may disagree over the role a meteorite impact had in it all.

Just because a handful of fundamentalist extremists think a children's story is real, doesn't mean anyone else does. Don't tar the many with the brush of the stupid. There are always those who think the tooth fairy is real and that the elephant got it's trunk in a fight with a crocodile. Sad, really.

And when do you believe dinosaurs died Mr. Non christian.....?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Sailor Sam

When you see me speak of man on here, I am speaking of both male and female. Instead of assuming, a question would you let you understand what I speak on.

You must have confused me with someone else?

These were of the watchers, not Father. As there is only one God.

edit on 7-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

You believe that there is only one god, but the bible says otherwise.
You believe what you want to believe, but you cannot offer proof, no religious bigot can, because there is no proof, just belief.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
Christians base the 6000 year concept on their understanding of the Bible, as well as what theologians teach.

At this point, i have to interject.

Most christians don't believe any such crap. *Most* Christians have no problem with science and religion. Only the wacko fundamentalists hold such ridiculous views.

You do not represent christianity. Only illinformed Christians.
edit on 7-7-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
To get this thread back on topic . . .

I know none of you bible worshipers or science-scoffers will go for this one either, but dinosaurs didn't "die out". While most species of dinosaurs died out during an ELE 65 million years ago, not all did and we see them every day . . . to this day (unless you are locked in a jail cell without windows). They're called birds. Even before the ELE, the fossil record shows us they were transitioning into what we would recognize as birds, today.

Prime example is the Archeopteryx. see link
Archaeopteryx

That certainly wasn't the only species, but probably the best known example. Also, if you look at the bone structure of both it is clear to see. Today, birds are in the same phylogenetic clade as theropods (or two legged dinos).

Also, Crocodilles are the last species remaining from the reptilian dino clade Archosauria.

SO . . . I guess you can say that humans and dinosaurs did "co-mingle" . . . Ah the beauties of evolution!!
edit on 7/7/12 by solomons path because: to add

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

Maybe mainstream science is wrong
Maybe?

Ok get this, they say that humans came about around 100,000-150,000 years ago, and that the human genome is no older then 250,000 years max. Then I read a news report on Yahoo news that says they found tools and potteries used by humans in a community, that dates back 500,000 years old.
So um.....? Yeah i see things like this all the time and they just can't get it right, or "get their story straight"
edit on 7/7/2012 by GunzCoty because: missed a 0

Ok - we get that you're, erm, simple...

Humanity didn't rise according to a clock! it happened over many thousands of years. And not instantaneously.

It was a process, not an end game.

Have you ever read books that challenge you?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Try googling "dinosaurs were made up"

And apparently one of the common google search results is "dinosaurs were made up by the CIA to discourage time travel"

well it made me laugh!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
I'll just stick to the obvious here, we have so many sites that predate that number! One of the most well known of these I think is Gobeki Tepe,

The site isn't just old, it redefines old: the temple was built 11,500 years ago—a staggering 7,000 years before the Great Pyramid, and more than 6,000 years before Stonehenge first took shape.

Thanks

I'm not really seeking a significant contribution to the topic here, but this much I can address.

What you'll find is that the majority of our dating methods are reliant on the concept of uniformity. Uniformity is demonstrably false, however. Take, for example, the speed of light. The commonly accepted viewpoint up until the mid-19th century was that light was instantaneous. Not only was that theory then proven to be false, but in the intervening years, subsequent results have shown that the speed of light is slowing down (source)

Now, with this being the case, numerous other assumed constants are called into question, including (notably, on this topic) decay rates for various substances. Let's use C-14 dating as an example, given that most people are familiar with it. If we assume that C-14 has a uniform half-life, then we can safely measure the age of any given rock with some accuracy. If, however, the half-life of C-14 does not follow a uniform pattern, or if, like the speed of light, the decay rate has slowed down on an exponential scale, then suddenly the time frames we're talking about are not only incorrect, but they are potentially SIGNIFICANTLY incorrect.

Now, I'm not suggesting that everything your friend has posited on facebook is correct (I disagree with some of the comments you've relayed, on multiple levels), but it's not black-and-white wrong as you seem to think it is.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

This comment is grossly incorrect.
en.wikipedia.org...

for those not willing to read the link:

People who believe that evolution is the most logical explanation for human origins:

Evangelical Protestant: 24%
Jewish: 77%
Muslim: 45%
Catholic: 58%

Source: Pew Poll, 2007/08
edit on 7-7-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
I'll just stick to the obvious here, we have so many sites that predate that number! One of the most well known of these I think is Gobeki Tepe,

The site isn't just old, it redefines old: the temple was built 11,500 years ago—a staggering 7,000 years before the Great Pyramid, and more than 6,000 years before Stonehenge first took shape.

Thanks

I'm not really seeking a significant contribution to the topic here, but this much I can address.

What you'll find is that the majority of our dating methods are reliant on the concept of uniformity. Uniformity is demonstrably false, however. Take, for example, the speed of light. The commonly accepted viewpoint up until the mid-19th century was that light was instantaneous. Not only was that theory then proven to be false, but in the intervening years, subsequent results have shown that the speed of light is slowing down.

Now, with this being the case, numerous other assumed constants are called into question, including (notably, on this topic) decay rates for various substances. Let's use C-14 dating as an example, given that most people are familiar with it. If we assume that C-14 has a uniform half-life, then we can safely measure the age of any given rock with some accuracy. If, however, the half-life of C-14 does not follow a uniform pattern, or if, like the speed of light, the decay rate has slowed down on an exponential scale, then suddenly the time frames we're talking about are not only incorrect, but they are potentially SIGNIFICANTLY incorrect.

Now, I'm not suggesting that everything your friend has posited on facebook is correct (I disagree with some of the comments you've relayed, on multiple levels), but it's not black-and-white wrong as you seem to think it is.

Post ONE paper that agrees with your 'views'. And do it honestly. I bet you can't...

[of course you can't - you're a muppet]

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Religion = Ignorance....You're all a bunch of nutters!
Look at the hard evidence people. Are you still living in the dark ages? Sheesh! i am sure glad all you religious fanatics are not our local detectives, doctors, scientists or heaven forbid politicians....LOL.
edit on 7-7-2012 by krazykanuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I believe that biblical days are refferences to eras of time, not measurements of time. While I don't think dinosaurs existed 6000 years ago, I can't be so quick to discount legends of mythical creatures and dragons in our not to distant path. Truth is, Science relies on constants, but we have a very limited proof of constants and we are unsure of the role atmosheric abnormalities might have in these constants- our biggest window is about three thousand years, yet there is still anomalies in that extremely small span of time. Perhaps the debate should be more phylisophical and less combative?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join