It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious EVP at Loveland Castle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Great EVP! I have listened to it a few times and what I hear is either "Knock that off" or
"I get off" then I listened to it again a few times I just kept hearing that and nothing else
once you get it in your mind it's hard to change what you hear....Really cool!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Thank you for this feedback!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen

Originally posted by mytheroy
Sounds like something moved or shuffled through the room, I listened a few times, what do you think it was saying

The first syllable sounded like an object being moved, or as you said, being shuffled. If there was a word or syllable, it was overpowered by this noise. The other two syllables sounded like "I could" or "the woods"...something to that effect.

OP, do you have studio editing options? You may be able to play around with the pitch and speed in order to better decipher what the "EVP" is saying. If you do have this...it probably comes with filter options.

I agree with the above and think the whole thing sounded like "because I could" Which when you think about it would be a perfectly reasonable answer to the question "why would you build a dungeon in a boy scouts camp" "because I could"

Agree that it sounds quite sinister though

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
ArcAngel,
This is an awesome one. Do you have any other EVPs?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

can you tell me how to get this on my pc so i can throw it in some sound software?
sometimes i think i'm technologically inept. i can't figure it out.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I know this sounds ridiculous, but what I'm hearing is "Why (don't you) come closer?" Or it could be (something)..."for sure"

Very interesting EVP. I hope someone will be able to slow it down. I wish I knew how to do it, but alas.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I'm still intrigued. Played it ten times in a row. the voice is polite and non-threatening. I now believe the reply is "I don't know, Sir,"

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

It is odd, that the place would be described as "a dungeon" in a castle that was built in the US in the 1920's. So the possibility of this place really being a place of imprisonment or torture are really very slim. at best, maybe a wine cellar.

Undoubtedly there is a reaction that was caught on the EVP, but I don't think it should be taken in the context of a dungeon. especially considering the Christian group leaning of the group that founded this. (although who knows). So lets call it what it is, a cellar, and look further into the history of what actually went on there

Also, I notice on the website, the translation of Poltergeist as being "friendly ghost" is obviously a marketing ploy to play down the name, as Poltergeist actually means 'Noisy Ghost"

You beat me to the 'poltergeist' translation
... I'm not sure about this at all there seem to be a few holes in it to be honest ... I'm inclined to think it is one of two things (1) Someone messed with the OP's recording to freak him out (2) the OP is trying to pull a fast one on us ... either way the voice sounds incredibly like a living breathing human voice trying to soud dead and scary

Of course I could be wrong but that's just my opinion as someone who has a lifetimes experience with the paranormal and a pretty strong gut instinct ... no harm though ... people love a little scare from time to time.

Woody

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Woodwytch, I am trying to keep this thread positive. As stated I was with my wife, sister and brother in law who also witnessed me processing this data. I honestly do not know what this is, but it makes me want to do more. And being a novice, I am encouraged that I was able to identify and clean up.

However, I resent your assertion that I am trying to pull a fast one as that is an attack on my personal integrity. It would have been better for you to read what I posted and to have left rather than posting a response which attacked me personally. I dont troll your threads and I wouldappreciate if you didnt troll mine.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Well in a place like that, with it's history, just becuase it is a "castle" which it isn't really but we'll let them off. it is unlikley to be haunted

NOW, some of those old plantation houses, creepy as XX*^&%@&^#&#

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

That's exactly the phrase I thought it could be. Sinister indeed, but then again, anyone who would build a dungeon for boy scouts has got to be a sinister character. "Because, I could." would be my best bet.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
WW,

Unfair of you to accuse ArcAngel of "trying to pull a fast one on us"!
However, I suppose it's to be expected as the obvious first resort of the uninspired debunkers here on ATS, who immediately gravitate towards the everpresent low-hanging fruit of first resposes such as "hoax" or "conspiracy"

For the record, I was standing right beside the O.P. (along with his wife and sister) when he made this recording (I am his Brother-in-Law).

We all heard the OP ask the question, but did not hear any audible respone at the time.
I also was with him after we returned to our house, when he loaded the recording into his computer and discovered this EVP.

The OP is being completely honest with us regarding this EVP.
edit on 12-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel

Woodwytch, I am trying to keep this thread positive. As stated I was with my wife, sister and brother in law who also witnessed me processing this data. I honestly do not know what this is, but it makes me want to do more. And being a novice, I am encouraged that I was able to identify and clean up.

However, I resent your assertion that I am trying to pull a fast one as that is an attack on my personal integrity. It would have been better for you to read what I posted and to have left rather than posting a response which attacked me personally. I dont troll your threads and I wouldappreciate if you didnt troll mine.

Thanks.

Hey there ... look I apologise if you and your brother-in-law were offended by my post but I did say it was only another possibility ... and my opinion ... I don't think it's negative to look at other options in fact where the paranormal is concerned it is essential to look at all possibilities before coming to the 'paranormal' conclusion.

If you have ever read any of my threads / posts you will know that I am not a troll in any way shape or form and if paranormal investigation is something you have a real interest in and want to develop along that path then take my word for it you need to look at 'ALL' possibilities ... not just the result you would like it to be ... that's really not negative ... it's realistic.

I run my own private paranormal group W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source) and trust me when I tell you ... me and my team have captured pictures / EVP that has been so so convincing only to be proven to be something quite natural and mundane when you dig a little deeper and look at the alternatives ... yes it's disappointing when you think you've captured something amazing only to find out you haven't ... but personally I would rather know the truth and know that the things I am left with are the real deal than have a big back catalogue of anomolies and phenomena that are not.

My apology is genuine (but you must do with it as you will) ... maybe you could turn the recording over to someone who knows about this form of technology so that you can be sure if it has a logical explanation or is potentially paranormal ... at least then you would know for sure ... unless you'd rather convince yourself of something that might not be ... and sadly many in this field do choose that latter option.

No hard feelings I hope and good luck with your future investigations.

Woody

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

It felt really creepy and crazy walking around the Loveland Castle. It didn't feel spooky but almost like you were walking through a mad house. There was an eerie eccentric feel all around.
edit on 12-7-2012 by MysteriousEyes1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Thanks Woody, that's great character for you to say that and apologies accepted.

I am not making money on this and am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I simply asked for others interpretation, that's all. My point to you was please add to the thread or don't. That's all.

So after all that drama, what do you think it says?

P.S. I would be willing to email you the original file.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1

It felt really creepy and crazy walking around the Loveland Castle. It didn't feel spooky but almost like you were walking through a mad house. There was an eerie eccentric feel all around.
edit on 12-7-2012 by MysteriousEyes1 because: (no reason given)

Eerie and eccentric would be great choice of words to describe Loveland Castle, as the place really elicits an almost 'funhouse effect' to visitors, given it's imperfectly sized and architecturally imprecise rooms.

Also, given (as the tour guide tells visitors) the fact that it was the life's work of it's highly enigmatic and eccentric, genius, creator with and I.Q. over 186 (higher than Einstein's), the castle truly seems to personify Sir. Harry.

When one takes those facts into consideration, along with the energy-trapping nature of the natural stone construction materials, it seems very reasonable that Sir. Harry (given his druthers) would return to this place after death.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel

Thanks Woody, that's great character for you to say that and apologies accepted.

I am not making money on this and am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I simply asked for others interpretation, that's all. My point to you was please add to the thread or don't. That's all.

So after all that drama, what do you think it says?

P.S. I would be willing to email you the original file.

To me it quite clearly says 'I built this'.

But as another poster said once you get a set of words in your head you can't hear anything else no matter how many times you listen to it.

I am the least expert-type person when it comes to solid analysis of EVP's I don't have a technical bone in my body
but if you know someone that is I would certainly recommend getting it listened to ... we used to have some really good experts on ATS with photographs and this kind of thing but they don't seem to be around anymore ... it's a shame because they helped solve many a mystery.

If I'm completely honest with you the reason I was a little suspect initially is because it sounds 'too' good to be true ... but of course that doesn't mean it isn't true and I don't doubt your credibility or morals at all ... if this could get some expert authentication then you would really have an excellent example of the paranormal here.

Woody

edit on 12-7-2012 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Okay, I've been listening to the EVP some more...and I'm leaning toward Woody's interpretation...with one change.

Instead of " I-BUILT-THIS!"...

I'm not picking up the first word as "I"; What I'M hearing is "HAROLD-BUILT-THIS!"

This might make sense IF the EVP voice belonged to some entity other than Sir Harold, who knew him personally, in life.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Okay, I've been listening to the EVP some more...and I'm leaning toward Woody's interpretation...with one change.

Instead of " I-BUILT-THIS!"...

I'm not picking up the first word as "I"; What I'M hearing is "HAROLD-BUILT-THIS!"

This might make sense IF the EVP voice belonged to some entity other than Sir Harold, who knew him personally, in life.

I could go with that ... do you know anything about the friends he had (?) ... Is there a likely candidate (?)

Woody

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

No idea, but found this interesting bio of this pretty amazing fellow.

www.worldwar1.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join