It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street performer tries to body slam cop 07/07/2012 (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think this was in Montreal
Canadians have exactly the same kind of cops then Americans have

I dont know how this started but it ended in a way that is very unprofessional from the cops
again they are showing that they are just bullies

In the video we can see this guy amusing the crowd like many other street performers
and then we see a bunch of cop reuniting near him
to later try to asault the guy and take him down in front of everyone with no apparent reason

if somebody try to take me down like that .. whoever it is
i would have probably do the same thing if i knew i didnt do anything wrong at all
tell the rookie cop whos running at me .. to calm down and we will talk
request their supervisor if they argue

Thats why people are getting pissed to be always bully by cops everywhere they go

Police Attempt To Raid Garage Sale with AirSoft gear, Get Kicked To Curb (video),

Cops Attempt to Detain a guy with a gun, Supervisor comes in ..Can i have my gun back Sir ? .. Yup !,

The only way you can proove your innocence against them is with a video camera
the same tool used to protect yourself against criminal

but not all cops are bullies and diserve a citizen lesson of humiliation
sometime they get trapped by angry citizens trying to caught the bad cops
but are getting good cops trying to do their job professionaly
edit on 7/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I will never understand how this magical uniform they wear prevents people from doing anything to them. If 5 cops all of a sudden started beating old ladies in front of a crowd of people, those people will just stand idly by and chant things like "shame on you" and "boooo", instead of stepping in and helping others being abused.

It really is like an enchantment spell that was cast upon these costumes.
When the people stop letting this abuse continue, by stepping in when the police ARE abusing authority, then that will change the whole paradigm and break that enchantment spell.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yeah spot on mate! They wonder why people hate them! I thought we are supposed to have democracies lmao... It is clear that the majority here were in support of the the performer! What did the guy at the end want? Any idea what his problem was?

I just wish this crowd would have rushed the cops! Just once man!

No doubt you will have people come in here and kiss the boots of the pigs! Make excuses for them and even say the guy is way out of order... Makes me so vexed!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
And the crowd takes pics and vids to post on on social websites. Everybody Smile

I can't really give an opinion because in the first place, I don't know why the cops were called in.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

The problem is that no matter if the cops are killing someone illegally right in front of you, you have no recourse. The game has been played and the rules made in their favor every single time.

Try it once. I bet you at least get an obstruction of justice charge. At worse killed.

And the cop will walk away with a paid vacation.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Americans are conditioned from birth to respect authority. It's all a part of conforming to social rules. Part of those rules say that cops can do no wrong.

There is also an aspect of America that is called cop culture, where there are people who hero worship cops to no end and those who hate cops to no end.

Sad but true.

Overall, cops should be respected ebcause they are there to keep the peace. But abuse of power should never be tolerated, and cops are not so special that they should get special treatment and be above the law. Far too many of them think that they are so special that they are above the law and can do anything they want to.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I will never understand how this magical uniform they wear prevents people from doing anything to them. If 5 cops all of a sudden started beating old ladies in front of a crowd of people, those people will just stand idly by and chant things like "shame on you" and "boooo", instead of stepping in and helping others being abused.

It really is like an enchantment spell that was cast upon these costumes.
When the people stop letting this abuse continue, by stepping in when the police ARE abusing authority, then that will change the whole paradigm and break that enchantment spell.

Soon the crowd will not be shy anymore to help their brother or sister

Look the big cop with the white hair ..
didnt knew what to do and didnt want to take part of assaulting the guy
but to pussy enought to go against his collegues

i have saw a video of a cop against another cop
because he was assaulting a guy for no reason in the street already down
cant find the video and im going in 5 min
if people can find it .. i would appreciate to post it here
to show people .. that good cops still exist

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Yes but the thing is they were probably acting within the "law" here... And then you will get the people saying, "well they're just doing their jobs"!

It compartmentalization, ie, it's not the cops fault, it's the "law"!

If the role of the cops was to really keep the peace then yeah, they would be fine, that however is not the case at all!

There is an even more fundamental question to be asking, should some other human being really have the power to tell you what to do? I say hell no! It will always end up with abuse of power! Always!
edit on 7-7-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Try it once. I bet you at least get an obstruction of justice charge. At worse killed.

It's true that 1 or 2 people stepping in to stop police brutality will be arrested and/or killed at worst.

But... a crowd of people stepping in outnumbering the abusive officers by a factor of 20 to 1 will not face arrests or tasering, and that message will spread like this video has...

edit on 7-7-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Why was this moved into General chit chat forum

usualy i understand why they move a thread into another forum
not this time

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

There is an even more fundamental question to be asking, should some other human being really have the power to tell you what to do? I say hell no! It will always end up with abuse of power! Always!

So a person should be allowed to rape a ten year old child, rob a bank, steal a purse, throw a fistful of dynamite into a grocery store and do any harm they want to?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You see a minute 30 seconds of the end of the confrontation

What happened before this???

You see an edited video showing what the cops did, what did this guy do before that??

I would applaud the takeing of a video showing the whole thing and if the cops weren't justified then fry them all!!

We had a bunch of cops who beat to death a homeless guy in Fullerton California all the cops who did this need to be prosocuted!!!! The cops were wrong!!! But in this video we see just the end result

Just saying, we don't know why they did this

Be safe people

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This guy was such a threat, I totally see why they would assault him for getting as picture taken with them.

I think its about time that we start standing up for people when we know theres a clear abuse of power from our people who we pay to protect us.

A little like this, maybe then they would think twice about the behavior.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

So a person should be allowed to rape a ten year old child, rob a bank, steal a purse, throw a fistful of dynamite into a grocery store and do any harm they want to?
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I was expecting this kind of stupid response to be honest... So you are telling me that if there were no police you would rape people? You would throw dynamite into grocery stores? You would harm whoever you like?

The thing is these things happen TODAY! And we have police! Or are you saying that we have no raping now? We have no murder or theft or people blowing # up? Come on fella! The fact is the prisons are full of drug addicts! They are arrested for drug possession or perhaps drug dealing! Though a bar man is not called a drug dealer, so they are cool

Your excuses are the same old tired excuses! To answer your question no, these things are not acceptable and they are quite obvious! You see someone raping? Shoot them! You see someone throwing dynamite into grocery stores? Shoot them! Simple... Btw you could lawfully do that today!

It does not excuse the police to tell us where to walk, or where to stand, or where to protest, or what to consume! Or tell us to wear a seat belt... It's all about fines and money mate!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I agree, police have not and do not "prevent" crime, they just arrest "code breakers."

Whatever happened before this video started taping is irrelevant. If whatever this man did was against the law, the officers would have approached and arrested him, but it appears they are standing around waiting to do something.

I live in a small town of 2000 people. We have 8 cops total, and not all 8 are on duty at the same time. I personally haven't seen a cop around here since 4th of July, before that it was months since I saw one of them. I live around prescription addicts and alcoholics, lots of white trash in my town. Surprisingly... we have almost no crime here, just teenager antics because they are bored.

My town is a good example of a functioning community that doesn't need a whole lot of police presence. We handle our issues ourselves. Sometimes, less really is more, in my town it means more freedom.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yeah exactly mate... I think what happens is when there are loads of cops and people see a crime they think "oh I won't get involved, that's the cops job" but then a lot of times cops have to have a ton of evidence to convict someone for rape and so sometimes they get away! Much easier to go after drug dealers, cos all they need to produce is the drugs and cash! Boom lockup!

I've seen the stats on american prisons ans it is truly shocking!

So where do you live dude? Sounds great! I'm moving in! If thats okay?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I live in southern New Hampshire,
Live Free (if you pay your taxes) Or Die (in prison if you don't pay).

Move to a small town and you'll probably have the same lifestyle as we have here.
Living in a large city is bad for you in many ways. The Massachusetts city I use to live in is a Eugenics experiment lab, 1 out of 4 people have cancer there, and the fluoride in the water tastes great!

The more people in a town, the more police you'll have. And when people are living in crowded conditions, it's a breeding ground for crime. It's a business, more laws = more crime = more revenue for the town and counties. Repeat offenders are released more often than 1 time offenders, because the repeat offenders are good for business, they keep the federal money rolling in for the courts.

new topics

join