It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One-Third of June Jobs in Temp Agencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Breitbart story

One-Third of June Jobs in Temp Agencies

This is interesting and never talked about by the Obama Administration.

The June Jobs Report was dismal enough. The top-line job growth number missed even the low end of expectations and the overall unemployment remained unchanged. But, tucked away in the report was a more ominous sign. Almost one-third of the jobs that were created were at temporary employment firms.

BLS reported that Business and Professional Services created 47k jobs in June, almost 6-in-10 of the total jobs created. Over half of these, though, 25k, were at temporary employment firms. This means that almost one-third of the jobs created were are temp agencies, a clear sign that employers remain hesitant about expanding their payrolls.

This isn't a knock on temp agencies. They provide an invaluable service, allowing companies to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing markets. But, the sharp growth in their business suggest that businesses will explore every option before committing to additional hiring.

And I bet most of those were actually part time and have no insurance or benefits.

Companies use "temps" and avoid all connected expenses.

Some people think ObamaCare forced insurance will cause even more part time and temp jobs.

That leaves all the regular full time taxpayers to help with the cost of insurance for the part time and underpaid people.

How do we like this scene ?

edit on Jul-07-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Companies use "temps" and avoid all connected expenses.

Companies, not Obama.. You said it yourself.

Some people think ObamaCare forced insurance will cause even more part time and temp jobs.

A growing trend before Obamacare. I know a lot of companies who like this business model.

That leaves all the regular full time taxpayers to help with the cost of insurance for the part time and underpaid people.

How do you think government should handle this problem? Should they mandate what percent of a company's work force should be part-time? Should they mandate a higher minimum wage?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

It's Obama's job as the CEO of USA inc. to provide income revenue to cover the spending.

He signs off on everything.

He is responsible for the fiscal policies.

No jobs and cheap jobs produce cheap income for the government.

99.999% of government income is from taxes.

He spent wildly the first two years with a full Democrat Congress with no results so far during the final two years of his presidency.

He needs to provide a better business environment for companies to hire regular employees.

He has created more uncertainty than ever existed before.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It's Obama's job as the CEO of USA inc. to provide income revenue to cover the spending.

Didn't realize that obama writes the tax codes.

He signs off on everything.

Doesn't mean he agrees with everything he signs off on.

He spent wildly the first two years with a full Democrat Congress with no results so far during the final two years of his presidency.

Same ol talking points. What has Congress done to help him the last two years. The House is intent on him not growing the economy so the Republicans can win politically.

He needs to provide a better business environment for companies to hire regular employees.

Do you think Government should regulate businesses to ensure growth? Be nice if you answer the questions instead of giving me talking points.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

And what exactly is it you want him to do? Are you really stupid to think lowering taxes, regulations and everything else is going to make things better? No they are not they have not in in three decades. The only thing doing that has done was bring our wages, benefits and standard of living closer to what the Chinese have. What part of business absolutely loves government handouts when it is them receiving them don't you understand?

This has been the trend for the last 30 years because companies are not out for anyone but their investors. The same investors that at one time were content with a healthy longterm investment, now demanding exponential profit in the short term every quarter. This is unhealthy and unsustainable, it is just that simple. Have a beef with it take it up with Mitt Romney who helped set up this shell game.
edit on 8-7-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The more firms outsource, the more jobs will be created in within the HR firms that provide temporary personnel. Its the nature of the modern workforce, and it started well before Obama was elected.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Temp firms are like parasites on the American worker, IMO. The ones around here skim about 1/3 of the hourly wage off from the employee and that goes on for a year or so. Then after a year the firm actually hires the person themselves.

I don't understand what is WRONG with an employer interviewing and hiring and employee personally.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

This was going on before Obama even took office.

My father predicted it 10 years ago.

More temp agencies, less benefits and more uncertainty.

I see what you're trying to do.

Don't you ever get tired of toeing the party line, especially when it in some cases, it makes little sense?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Temp jobs from a temp President.

Makes sense.

More people got disability than got jobs last month, but Obama says that we are on the right track.

What a mental midget this guy is.

So out of touch, it's not even funny.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Currently, employers do not have to give full-time employees health insurance but they are still using temps in greater numbers. So don't blame Obama care for this one.

Health insurance is just a small reason why employers don't use full-time perm employees. Pension benefits are a biggie - so is sick leave, training, and vacation days.

The real reason is see employers using temps is they want to turn employees into just another commodity.

The focus is on SHORT-TERM profits and not long-term growth. All the executives get their bonus based on this quarters bottom line.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Good topic, but I've always wondered....all these numbers the Government keeps throwing at us, do they take into account the number of people who actually leave the job market to open their own business or work for themselves?

I didn't think so. If the job market looks too bleak for people, maybe they should go into business for themselves. Find a service to provide that everyone needs. You know anyone who doesn't get their hair cut? Or eat? Neither do I. Hell, even bald people need to maintain their appearance and anorexics have to eat sometime. ( Okay, that was mean, I apologize. it was a Moby reference but you get my point.) Find a trade you're good at, market it and provide the service to the people who need it.( And no, selling luxury vacations to the Bahamas doesn't count as a "need") Simple really.You might even make a couple dollar bills while you're at it if you have a good work ethic.

If the system isn't working for you, work around it because you certainly aren't going to change it. The Government is too political for it to be of any practical use for me, you or anyone else, and we all know it. Why people keep complaining about it and expecting it to change is beyond me.

People need to realize that we need to look out for ourselves because the Government has never had a good track record of doing that for us.

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If there are enough unemployed to go around to fill a significant number of slots with temps, then there is an issue that needs to be fixed. If temps are used beyond the weekly alotted limit, a class action is in order.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

some temp agencies offer benefits

at least these are office jobs, and not grass cutting jobs

top topics

join