It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHECKLIST CHALLENGE: Symptoms of Religious Addiction

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Originally posted by wildtimes

We will all get where we're headed in the end, each in his/her unique way. I believe this with all my heart, and long for the day that peace reigns on earth and the ideological and theological bickering and hatred will be a thing of the past. Whether it happens in this lifetime or not, that is my wish for humanity.

Well said…

Everything you have mentioned above, is you seeking the truth within yourself. In fact IMO, what you are describing above, is actually to do with, seeking the way, the truth and the life, which is what Jesus represents, without you even realizing it.

For example, when you think about the question “how can there be peace on earth?”, this should eventually lead you to the commandments given by God, and then to the one who came to fulfill those very same commandments, that men rejected. For this is the very reason, why there is no peace on earth, because men have reject God, and his laws. But Ill’ end my proselytizing right here…

Anyway, just wanted to say a few a words about the opposition you have received so far, in this thread.

I think the problem many people are having with those questions in your OP, is that they tend to internalize them, by looking at them, only from their own perspective, i.e. from their own good/pure church/religion etc, which in many cases, may be just fine.

This is one of the main reasons why I think people have been lashing out at you on this thread, because they see your questions, as only attacking them, without considering the wider caption audience, to which those questions are also being directed towards.

Looking at it from a greater perspective; the practical reality, of those questions in your OP, are in reality, aimed at a wider caption audience, some of whom, may well be trapped in church cults that may well be having an extremely negative impact on their lives.

So from that perspective, IMO I think your intentions are pure, because, those questions can actually help people think about their own individual life situations.

- JC

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
.0reply to post by Joecroft

In fact IMO, what you are describing above, is actually to do with, seeking the way, the truth and the life, which is what Jesus represents, without you even realizing it.

I do realize it!
I live my life in the spirit of what Jesus Christ actually said. All of the sects and spin-offs and tangents are just that --
he stressed treating others the way you would want to be treated, and turning away from organized religious priest-led dogma.

Thanks for responding!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

he stressed treating others the way you would want to be treated, and turning away from organized religious priest-led dogma.

He said to not be hypocrites like the Pharisees, He never ever put down organized priest lead dogma.

He was against the corruption, and hypocrisy, but he went to the temple to preach when he could, and his family practiced all the organized "dogma" rules,, and celebrated Holy days.

Please don't twist the meanings of Jesus's words to suit your purposes.

You can't be for Jesus, and the goddesses as well...just doesn't work that way.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I am a qualified, trained, experienced adult who has successfully raised two children, successfully conquered my own addictions, hold an advanced degree in Clinical Social Work, and have been honored with acknowledgment of my abilities to do so.

It's my JOB.

Doing it on ATS for free is one way I try to help the world to heal. I'm not JUDGING! I'm offering ideas for people to think about! That is not JUDGING...how many times do I have to point out that it's for EACH PERSON TO DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES?

Hear Hear! I am in awe of your accomplishments, but I fear some here will just diminish them. Much like you, I am well educated, and have the ability to digest many thousands of books during the course of my life, in all subject matter, no matter how obscure, or occult-like the information happened to be. I came to certain truths, based on this knowledge, and all I do is try to impart those ideas out to others. And I ask them to question their faith, and their book.
I learned a great deal about the book. Supposed to be the true authority of Christians everywhere, isn't it? Genuine words of Almighty God himself, I was told. Well, suspicion set in for me. I just could not take it at face value, I never could take things like that.
So, now I tell Christians who believe what I have discovered. Most just label me and go on.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Hear Hear! I am in awe of your accomplishments, but I fear some here will just diminish them.

Her accomplishments on this earth lie within her heart. I think wildtimes is a very caring soul who tries her best to do what is good for other human beings. I am trying my best to see that in her actions, and God knows her heart much better than any of us.

Degrees and books are all fine and good, and I for one do not want to diminish her education. But without a heart that truly cares, and wishes to help , not hinder, book knowledge is simply that..book knowledge.

I think I have misunderstood where she is coming from at times, and I respect to some degrees (pun intended
). the degrees, she has without a doubt worked hard to achieve.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

You can't be for Jesus, and the goddesses as well...just doesn't work that way.

I can't? What, those are the rules that you just made up? You are clearly not aware of the variety of values that are acceptable and work just fine, and therefore know not what you are talking about. Jesus himself revered the feminine.

News flash: Yes, I can. I am.

I am also "for" Buddha, Confucius, the Dalai Lama, Siddhartha, Ghandi, Thich Nhat Hanh, Judy Goodman, Elizabeth Lesser, Deepak Chopra, and every PACIFICIST philosopher and spiritual teacher that ever walked the planet earth. Have you ever read any of Thich Nhat Hanh's works? Do you even know who he is?

I have a book by him entitled Living Buddha, Living Christ. It's in my lap at the moment, but you can download it for free at the link. He promotes peaceful dialogue and respect for one another's sense and understanding of the Divine, in a community.

How about Elizabeth Lesser? Do you know who she is? I have a book by her called The New American Spirituality: A Seeker's Guide, and it discusses in depth the amalgamation of the world's teachings. In a review quoted in the front of her book Jean Shinoda Bolen, M.D. (the author of Goddesses in Every Woman) wrote:

"Through her particular vantage point at the Omega Institute [for Holistic Studies] Elizabeth Lesser has been an observer, partcipant, and evaluator of the rich smorgasbord of teachings and teachers who have had an enormous effect on the spiritual perspectives and practices that are now entering the American mainstream. .... and can be appreciated as a democracy of spiritual perspectives, a freedom to choose to follow that which has personal meaning, an egalitarian sense of valuing body, mind, and spirit, and not elevating one above another. ... [S]he is like so many whose lives and beliefs have been affected by the civil rights and women's movements, by the influx of Eastern thought and teachers and by the need to find one's own path."
the above was typed out by me from the hardback on my desk

Judy Goodman is an intuitive who I was invited to hear lecture in the year 2000. She was speaking about spirituality and reincarnation, and the angels and spirit guides that she interacts with. On her website now, she is apparently doing more professional coaching, but in her Q&A section there is this excerpt of an answer to a question:

"...Why are we tested in life?..."

...It is within the nature of the enlightened part of our soul to feel the need to test ourselves. We do this in order to ensure that we have solidly accomplished our goal... Whatever the 'soul contract' is that we have set for ourselves, we can achieve this or decide the challenges are too great - and step aside. If the goal was karmic in nature, no doubt the opportunity to change things will present itself at another time, or until we get it right...

You can't be the boss of my soul. It just doesn't work that way. Jesus and I have no problems, nor do I and the feminine aspect of the Divine. I have tried to give you due respect, Winds, repeatedly. I am free to choose my own path to reunion with the Divine Source, and so far I have no problems sleeping at night.

What's it to you if I'm trying to help my fellow humans? Go ahead and dismiss me, that's your choice. I know who I am, and what am "for" without your "review" of it. I don't need your approval to be me...and you don't need mine. But I would suggest anyway that you look into the sources I've given you here, and that you open up to more modern ideas...

those are my "famous" teachers. I also have teachers here on ATS, and in my personal life. I study hard, often, and thoroughly, by attending such lectures, reading, discussing their works, and learning about them as much as I can. Try it, or don't. Good luck on your journey!
edit on 12-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You're right, I can't tell you what you can and can't do..

Do as you please, with grace...and not hate.

I have never tried to be the boss of your soul, just have stepped in when I perceived you may be doing that with others.
I am sometimes wrong in my perceptions, I am not without flaws.

edit on 12-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I have never tried to be the boss of your soul, just have stepped in when I perceived you may be doing that with others.

I sincerely hope that the perception is now cleared up for you. Many, many years ago, I set for myself a mantra of who I intended to become (and we are all always 'becoming')...Gracious, Kind, Patient, and Wise...those are my goals. Sometimes I trip up ... don't we all? But I'm doing my level best, and push myself everyday toward that end.

Stretching oneself beyond comfort zones is an important part of growing, and I will never stop promoting it. Brightest blessings to you, WhisperingWinds.

Namaste

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I came to certain truths, based on this knowledge, and all I do is try to impart those ideas out to others. And I ask them to question their faith, and their book.
I learned a great deal about the book. Supposed to be the true authority of Christians everywhere, isn't it? Genuine words of Almighty God himself, I was told. Well, suspicion set in for me. I just could not take it at face value, I never could take things like that.
So, now I tell Christians who believe what I have discovered. Most just label me and go on.

Thanks, again, autowrench. Your work on ATS is wonderful, and I appreciate the effort you go to to extend your knowledge to others.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

I sincerely hope that the perception is now cleared up for you. Many, many years ago, I set for myself a mantra of who I intended to become (and we are all always 'becoming')...Gracious, Kind, Patient, and Wise...those are my goals. Sometimes I trip up ... don't we all? But I'm doing my level best, and push myself everyday toward that end.

Stretching oneself beyond comfort zones is an important part of growing, and I will never stop promoting it. Brightest blessings to you, WhisperingWinds.

Namaste

I look forward to witnessing you grow in your goals of wisdom, kindness, patience ,and grace.

Thank you for the well wishes of blessings , and may they come back to you 10 fold.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join