It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC - Obama Economic Malaise: It's Like Quick Sand. It's Like Mud.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

A different president will change - everything -.

This is fundamentally, an impasse, that we cannot surpass.

You still believe the government is working as it was designed 230+ years ago and it is not.

The big picture goal is to - reduce - the size of US government.

Government can't do anything right except hand out Social Security checks.

MediCare & MediCaid are full of waste, fraud & abuse.

With the right people in charge we will soar out of this - Obama Mud Pit - economy.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It seems the hole is being dug deeper? Deep in my gut, I have a feeling of hopelessness about prosperity and overall solvency of the US economy. Personally, I still believe the situation is being held together by rubber bands and bubble gum, and our economic situation is far worse than what the official numbers would dictate. Just the other day I read an article about a rail bridge collapsing and killing people in their cars below.

Glenview couple identified as train wreck victims

A Glenview couple was killed in Wednesday afternoon's train derailment in which a bridge collapsed onto Shermer Road in Glenview, according to a law firm representing the family.

Perhaps, that is a metaphor for the US economy? I have to say it could be categorized as a train wreck. Now, some would say that Republican Candidate, Mitt Romney, and the Tea Party seizing control of the legislature will fix things and bring back an economy that excels with flying colors? I have my doubts, but the current administration has not fared well at this point. We are talking about trillion dollar deficits here, and a floundering economy. That is a recipe for disaster!

There is only so much clever accounting tricks and dime store psychology can do by intellectuals and politicians to shield the American populace from the inevitable. I am not talking about meltdown, but economic obliteration. The Federal government got to big for its britches, and lost sight of what their true duties were. Some duties would include particulars like providing for the national defense, maintaining infrastructure, regulating the economy, and to provide prudent stewardship over the Federal budget. There are other responsibilities as well, but those are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head.

They have spent us into oblivion, and someone has got to pay for it. They can tax every man, woman, child, or anything that walks or crawls in this nation and it still won't remove the "Sword of Damocles," hanging over this country's head. It is a drop in the bucket as far as I am concerned. We are talking about trillions of dollars in debt with a capital "T," and it is riddled throughout the Federal budget. How can they expect to buy themselves out of that through taxes whether it be the so-called monied interests, middle class, or the lowly pauper?

Furthermore, we should expect draconian measures to stabilize the Federal budget, or lose the very roofs over our heads, the food in our bellies, and the clothes on our backs. Like austerity measures on steroids. I hope Mitt and the Tea Party can turn water into wine, and walk on water, because they are going to need a heck of a lot of miracles to make this sinking ship sea worthy again. I apologize for my overly pessimistic outlook, but that is how I feel. The song below sums up how I feel about politicians and their phony double-talk.

Listen to the song and tell me some of you don't feel the same way?
edit on 7-7-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

A different president will change - everything -.

This is fundamentally, an impasse, that we cannot surpass.

You still believe the government is working as it was designed 230+ years ago and it is not.

The big picture goal is to - reduce - the size of US government.

Government can't do anything right except hand out Social Security checks.

MediCare & MediCaid are full of waste, fraud & abuse.

With the right people in charge we will soar out of this - Obama Mud Pit - economy.

Taking services away from our citizens to fund global wars and occupations is not the answer.

I agree that America is the leader but I disagree that we should do it by murder and theft.

Social services are designed for the generation that built the current nation.

What legacy will the corrupt corporate leader and banker leave for the next generation?

Your statement empowers the rich to continue to steal from the elderly to make their pockets fat and that is despicable.

America is a junkie that tells glory day stories. Our citizens are ignorant in science, math, nutrition and most ironically religious doctrine considering the claims we make about ourselves.

Step 1: Acceptance

We need a revolution on our homeland and to stop believing in the boogeyman. Our government is the terrorist.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

--------
However, you didn't answer my question.

Truth be told is Senator Harry Reid doing any - road blocking - in the US Senate?

I heard the GOP in House has passed numerous bills but they are languishing

in Harry Reid desk drawer. Lets tell the whole truth.

That's a moot point, they work for the same people. Left VS right is a myth, stop believing it.

As far as managing our currency, i don't see the Federal Reserve throwing out

a QE -3.

It won't work and it won't help Obama so why bother?

Ben Bernanke knows the truth.

- Monetary policy is not the tool to solve what ails the USA. -

Do you know who owns the Federal Reserve? Or what it actually is?

Do you know who owns your monetary policy?

Do you have ANY idea what the effects of not controlling your own currency are?

I'm not trying to be rude, I just want to gather information on what it is you know, so I can provide you with the proper information about your economy, how it works and who runs it.

Cause it isn't you the citizens, or the government.

~Tenth
edit on 7/7/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The Federal Reserve is a necessary evil.

It's actually coming in very handy right now.

- Monetizing the debt is good way to keep interest rates low. -

- We are sitting on a $16 Trillion debt bomb that is just waiting to go off. -

I'm glad the Federal Reserve is there.

However, i wish the liberals would stop stealing from it to fund their pet projects

like the CFPB. The CFPB grabbed $597 Million from the Federal Reserve.

Apparently, getting funding from the US congress is too much of a hassle.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

We need to empower small businesses in America.

Stop writing up unending regulations that burden them.

----------
When President Mitt Romney repeals ObamaCare, companies won't have to

hire people just to ensure that they are in compliance with it.

We also need to raise the retirement age to 67 just like Canada did.

People are living longer.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The Federal Reserve is a necessary evil.

No it is not. There is no reason to have a international body, deciding what the fate of the America People is.

It's actually coming in very handy right now.

Again, no it's not, you have that debt BECAUSE of the federal reserve's fractional based currency system. Americans should be printing their own money at 0% interest as a sovereign nation, like it use to prior to the 1900's when you were rich.

Riddle me this. If the only place you get money from, is the Federal Reserve, and they demand interest on that loan, where does the money come to pay off the interest? It does not exist. And where are the Federal Reserves assets that allow to make all this money out of thin air?

Do they have vast holdings of some sort resource? No, they not. They are robbing you?!

- Monetizing the debt is good way to keep interest rates low. -

No, it's a good way to keep them nice and high. Cause anything other than 0 is fraud.

-

We are sitting on a $16 Trillion debt bomb that is just waiting to go off. -

Again caused by the fractural reserve system over the last 100 years has caused this problem.

I'm glad the Federal Reserve is there.

Then you are brainwashed. Pure and simple. It's not an insult it's a fact. If you don't understand that your financial sovereignty has been stolen from you and that America is basically the dry run for how you own slaves in the 21st century, then you'll be one of the first they convince into whatever "gas chambers" they create.

Please educated yourself as to what is going on, and how this all works, because clearly you just gobble up whatever the conservative media is telling you is the truth.

www.truthusa.org...

www.globalresearch.ca...

I really really hope you do some research and fact finding, and stop believing whatever it is people tell you cause it's sounds good.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The Obama $$$ trillion deficits will be washed away by a tidal wave of payroll taxes

when we put Americans back to work. This will mainly take place in our small

businesses. President George W. Bush achieved 4.4% unemployment. We will

return to that level very soon.

Turn that frown upside down. Our future is very bright.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Folks, I'm as conservative as the love-child of Dick Cheney and Rush Limbaugh.

And I can see the economic woes as a result IN PART, to economic blackmail so that Obama doesn't get a second term to enact his progressive policies.

Boycotters vote with their wallets.

Why not business owners?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Anything other than zero is fraud?

It really wasn't our idea. We got the trick from Great Britain.

I'll say this much. It works !!!

The Chinese aren't buying our Treasury Notes. We are.

I'd rather not monetize the debt but we are in big trouble right now.

- The $16 Trillion debt bomb is real. -

------------
The solution is clear: We have to grow the GDP to $25 Trillion and at the same time

pay down the national debt to $12 Trillion. When we achieve that goal the gross debt

to GDP ratio will fall below 50%.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You can go on believing that using the current system will solve the problem, when in reality the problems have grown worse over the last 100 years.

Theres nothing politicians or anybody else can do about it. Until you've taken your financial sovereignity back, you're all doomed to another recession and eventually a depression that trumps that big one you had in the 20s.

That's just the reality, there's no arguing the point. Propping up the economy with a fiat currency isn't going to do you any good, it only compounds the problem.

Meanwhile you agree to bailouts to the crooks who put you in this mess?

I'm sometimes amazed at how many Americans think what's going on is somehow good, or can be fixed by more of the same.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Folks, I'm as conservative as the love-child of Dick Cheney and Rush Limbaugh.

And I can see the economic woes as a result IN PART, to economic blackmail so that Obama doesn't get a second term to enact his progressive policies.

Boycotters vote with their wallets.

Why not business owners?

Also, it's clear that Obama isn't going to get anymore $$$ trillion stimulus checks.

He has the Solyndra scandal wrapped around his neck and the American people are not going to

forget it.
--------------

Obama is doomed. They better call Hillary.

It appears CNBC has bailed on the White House. - Quick sand & Mud -

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Do you want to go back to the Gold Standard?

- It sounds like you have a Ron Paul Master Plan somewhere. -

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Not gold necessarily, but a resource based economy yes. Your money has to be worth something, it can jsut be made up out of thin air, that's nonsense.

Currency manipulation is so easy in the current system, look at China.

It's clear, that the fractural reserve currency has failed. It's been in rapid decline since the 1950's and 1960's, even when the living was good.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

My goodness, do you have a rosy outlook my friend. I want to get that outlook myself. However, the numbers don't lie, and we are in for a sting before it gets better. The ball is in the government's court, and those whom get elected in the next cycle. As of right now, the past four years have been like beating a dead horse. Nothing has improved to a modicum of success, and we are merely treading water. As for Romney and his ilk?

It is their business to succeed or fail, and there is no in between. I do not see much wiggle room either way. The budget deficits are the stranglehold on this country, and it was started under previous administrations and exasperated by the current one. I will try to remain opportunistic about our chances, but with a healthy dose of pessimism. Romney seems like your average run-of-the-mill politician whom can say all the right things to right people when the situation presents itself. He is a "shmoozer." Another carbon copy politician. Just my personal opinion of the man.

I say it is going to be tough in the election booth come November. This is either make or break time as far as I am concern. Perhaps, people should put more emphasis on the legislative candidates at the federal, state, and local levels? That is where the betterment of our situation is going come from. As it is said, Congress controls the purse strings. Thanks for the comment!
edit on 7-7-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Not gold necessarily, but a resource based economy yes. Your money has to be worth something, it can jsut be made up out of thin air, that's nonsense.

Currency manipulation is so easy in the current system, look at China.

It's clear, that the fractural reserve currency has failed. It's been in rapid decline since the 1950's and 1960's, even when the living was good.

~Tenth

I actually thought that was a pretty cool way to discourage the Chinese from

buying our Treasury Notes. - We did some currency manipulation of our own. -

QE-1 & QE-2

I'm surprised the inflation genie hasn't jumped out of the bottle.

I heard we are currently hiding behind some bogus numbers in order to

postpone the pain until after the election.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

yes the Federal Reserve is manipulating your currency to hold off on the real inflation numbers until after the election..

Let's remember that 9Trillion Dollars went missing from the Fed that we still have no clue about..

They aren't here to help you, they are manipulating the markets to make things seem like they are ok.

And China owns a Trillion $ of US debt, for which the agreement states they can take that ammount in land if unpaid. Do you know how many states that would be? More than a few.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

yes the Federal Reserve is manipulating your currency to hold off on the real inflation numbers until after the election..

Let's remember that 9Trillion Dollars went missing from the Fed that we still have no clue about..

They aren't here to help you, they are manipulating the markets to make things seem like they are ok.

And China owns a Trillion $ of US debt, for which the agreement states they can take that ammount in land if unpaid. Do you know how many states that would be? More than a few.

~Tenth

Well, i heard we have gone - ALL IN - to save Great Britain. That's where the

money went. It turns out we actually know what we are doing.

I agree it looks like chaos but it will all work out in the end.

It's all very clear to me.

--------
BTW, don't worry about China. That's an easy one.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Can you believe a couple of minority retards in congress got congress to look the other way as far as Fannie and Freddy are concerned? I mean you cannot make this stuff up - and the real joke is - no one went to jail. And then to top it off down the road, we have another administration that thinks the more money you throw at the wall that some of it will stick and do some good LOL.

I for one would like to see where in the constitution it allows our government to spend our money on retarded financing and bailing out obvious theft in the name of - what? Saving the nation? the joke is on us people. It is time to remove them from the building by their skirts and ties.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes, the can has been kicked down the road. A few more kicks, and it will arrive at a dead end.

The middle class is what preserves America's stability. The aforementioned class of citizens have something to lose... Home, automobile, jobs, etc. But for the last 40 years, this security has been eroded by corporations seeking cheap resources, and by the government's attempt to export prosperity, thereby giving other citizens of the world a sense of "having something to lose." The end result: people in the U.S. have a lot less to lose.

This is what's got me worried.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join