It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What possible use is the Higgs Boson??? And who cares?? Not me.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
I bet they won't find out any thing that hasn't been said before in some religious or metaphysicle term. If so, yeah. What a waste of time and money.

I seriously couldn't disagree with you more.. proving the particle exists is merely the first step.. now finding out how to put it to use for us now that we KNOW it's there is the next.

You have to walk before you can run .. science isn't an over night operation and that sort of broken mentality is precisely why we fail at science in the united states! .. our government has gotten so short sighted that if it can't see dollar signs within the next fiscal year then they see no point in funding the projects.. that's just disgustingly short sighted.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Brilliant finish to your response...

Humanity has 2 possible destinies, its either 'Out to the stars' or 'Back to the caves'. The clock is ticking.

Truer words have never been spoken.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander683

I am 1 who likes to hear of the many advances being made over @ CERN I just wonder how well can the data produced be compared to what's really going on here. What I am saying is the whole LHC is a artificial built energy containment and observation device. It was designed with the most input gathered from across the world and to keep a conspiracy thinking mind from off the world. With that I give those scientist much credit for their times spent getting this device up and running with so many years of hard work, I just wonder how close they really are to SUBJECTIVE REALITY DISCOVERIES AND NOT SOME SINISTER MANIPULATION of the EA*RTHS high tech scientific data why seeking secrets to this entire UNIVERSAL energy containment device. Will they be able to REALLY make something from nothing VOIDING somewhat powerful alchemical RULES.

[color=cyan]

RULE:
Alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange is as follows: "Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

Which would be AMAZING if done in safe laboratory perimeters NOT CAUSING SOMETHING TO BE LOST TO REACH THE SEEKED GOAL..

OR, will they the scientist who manage the LHC (beacon-I feel its being observed elsewhere and possible not considered-close)
why trying to understand / mimic universal designing CAUSE SOMETHING TO BE TAKEN AWAY DUE TO FORCE BEING APPLIED TO MASS MAKING???

This is some high technology and should be treated with sensitivity/respect why the experiments are going on and 1 hopes the scientist of CERN ARE keeping OPEN MINDS on what they REALLY may be dealing with (positive & negative effecting in relations to experiment outcomes). I just wonder is it REALLY possible to find out how the entire universe is designed and ran from 1 species or even various INTELLIGENT species collectives working towards the same goal. OR is it like VARIOUS ocean plankton trying to understand where radiation from Fukushima is coming from, from the bottom of the Atlantic miles away from their Pacific cousins COLLECTIVELY experiencing TOGETHER the change in the SPANCE* or water/OCEANS over all. Yes the plankton may come to an agreement that IT WAS CAUSED FROM AN OUTSIDE SOURCE BUT CAN THE PLANKTON EXAMINE THE REACTORS AND MAKE SUBJECTIVE SENSE OF THEM??? Or is it (the WORLD too LARGE a location to be observed by the plankton (AWARNESS) FULLY w/o a LARGER or more advanced AWARE COLLECTIVE (humans the designers of the reactors) assisting the plankton.

With that GOOD LUCK CERN PLEASE KEEP US ALL* HAPPY AND FOR GODS SAKE BE SAFE for the wrong or right steps or experiments may effect ALL* hear and beyond. From a plan view I wonder if it looks like a 17 ml. LIGHT* RING minus the non moving (3D) equipments considering only the movements PARTICAL BUNDLES during the collisions.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

edit on 7/9/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by Miccey

I repeat my assertion: this has NOTHING to do with science what so ever.

I never said that..
I said it wont be ALL that benificial discovery..
For some sure. like 5%..The rest wont be able
to afford it so i say...SOOO WHAT...

We have Science TODAY that could END world hunger,
thirst, energy needs, environmental problems...
Were are they??

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I rarely reply to threads but i just couldn't help myself when i read this thread.

Now to the OP, i don't mean to scold you or offend you, but what you posted is just so ignorant and i will completely explain why i believe that to be so.

The study of physics has given society practically every single piece of technology we currently have. Physicists have given us the entire modern world my friend.

Computers and the internet are thanks to work done by physicists. All the modern medical scanning technology that saves countless lives every year is thanks to physicists, thanks to physicists studying black holes we have WI-FI, lasers, gps, radar, practically every single piece of technology that allows the modern world to exist was contributed to society via the study of physics. Nuclear energy is due to physicists.

Look around you and every piece of technology is thanks to the scientists and physicists who study physics, everything electrical. The entire modern world is built on the study of physics.

So maybe now you will start to fathom why this is important.

Although i must clarify they haven't exactly detected the higgs boson, it could be a different particle they have never seen before, they are just very hopeful it is the higgs boson, but it definitely isn't being announced as YES WE HAVE OFFICIALLY UNDENIABLY DETECTED A HIGGS BOSON. Over the coming months they will know more about this data.

Anyways seriously ignorant thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Outofcontrol

6 billion of those seven billion don't give a damn about the Higgs Boson. Out of the one billion that understand a little about it, ninety percent watch Sci-Fi shows and think that inter-dimensionial travel is possible. These Sci-Fi shows are probably created to convince us to give more money to the sciences. We'll make our planet uninhabitable long before we can unlock these things. People just can't see the misdirection of our sciences. We should be spending this money creating worldwide environmentally friendly energy sources now and worry about this stuff later. There are plenty of bought up patents that have been hidden that should be released. We need to straighten out this Eco-system that advances made by the sciences around the world created. The creation of the chainsaw and tree harvesters are even related to science as is every chemical that's poisoning our environment.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by iskander683

I'm think'in you do care.
At least a little.
Come on, you have to care at least enough to write a thread on it. You knew in your sub conscienciousness that this is how you could find a few things out about it. And not feel ignorant. Notice the word ? That word is telling you to lighten up stud/studette.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Maybe a good rap will draw them in.......

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blayze

So what has all that got to do with the Higgs Boson. Physics has been used to create much of the advanced technology but we survived without that before it was created. We are here and that is evidence of what I say. I just question if the expenditures on this project are worthwhile. I soppose if your paycheck relies on this project than the answer is yes. Mine doesn't. Most of the countries are deep in debt, borrowing money for this project when there are more necessary projects out there is unwise. We can't keep doing that kind of stuff or everyone will be going hungry while the men of science eat like kings.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

So that's what the workers do at CERN. No wonder they haven't blown the world up yet or compacted the world into the area of a single atom.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Actually not a bad video to explain what happens out there. Catchy as hell to!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

I guess not all scientists are on board with the discovery of the Higgs-Boson, there is more that meets the eye to this story.
- the article title - Is the 'God particle' an impostor? Scientists claim Signal found in Large Hadron Collider may not be Higgs after all

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, you're probably right in not caring ..

What has been done, is that the standard model being used, explains the functions of the known sub atomic elements. Each function being put up, is much like a puzzle where you already know the working macro figure, as well as the macro mass, and charge. Now, it's not a biggie that someone looking at the picture of a puzzle and says there is a piece missing. And it is very understandable, that they'll find that piece ... it's like taking an apple and smashing it against the wall, and guessing that there is a piece X there. It's a controversial method, and although workable ... unlikely to be accurate. And even if a "piece" has been found, it does not guarantee it to be a particle, only that it is some sort of a clumb, with an electromagnetic charge of some number.

And that the higgs explains "mass" is really just nonsense. Mass has no meaning without gravity, it's an accumulative force ... that some want to call a graviton.

Since theory of relativity more or less states, that mass is an energetic state ... sometimes called "potential energy". That it's a particle that pops in and out of existance, is pretty hard to believe ...

I think we can pretty much ignore it, and wait for the next "wave" of genius minds to come up with a more usable theory. Things are supposed to get "simpler", not more "complex" on lower levels.

And that is where it all ends, I guess ... many are looking for the "graviton". The "on" that complements the "electron", to make up the known forces of the universe. However, and this may be the surprise, both the electromagnetic force and the gravitational force ... may be different states of the same thing.

And since we are talking subatomic levels ... it's pretty obvious that our measurment tools, are pretty stretched to measure these things. Probably beyond their functional capability.

edit on 18/7/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join