It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Seneca Indian Prophecy (Including Star People)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I find it bizarre that people personify the Earth.

So let me get this straight, I am suppose to believe that a huge rock is feminine, despite it's clear neutral qualities, and then I am suppose to believe that this neutral rock can "scream", and cause asteroids to leave their current orbits and just head straight for Earth?

And somehow this meteor shower will "cleanse" the Earth?

So mass destruction/death = Good?

Sounds pretty pessimistic to me.
And highly unrealistic.

Oh, and incredibly sexist as well. Claiming that women are the only ones who know "the path", and that they were suppressed because they told men they were straying from it?

Look I have no problem criticizing Christians or Islam for it's prejudice and judgmental errors.
So I will also have no problem criticizing these superstitions either. That's what they are after all...mere superstitions based on prejudice...

Lol,Dammit Muzzleflash,there you go thinking critically and ruining all the feel-goodness we had going! Ah well,no harm in people believing something that makes them feel good I guess, we all do it in some regard­. Still ,I`m always amused by the vagueness of any `prophecy` be it native or otherwise,and the sweeping gen erlisation used. Makes it very easy for people to say " oh yeah,I totally see that happening!",thus making the prophecy seem true.
I think most religion is a crock,and I'll lump in the vast majority of prophecy in there too. If someone is truly a prophet, come right out and say what will happen,to whom,when,why, and what can be done about that. If you can't do that, your making an edjucated guess,same as anyone else.
Have women been oppressed and held down?Absolutely! Is it beneficial to the world to have men and women be seen as equal? I believe it is. Observing nature, you see things need balance to thrive. This includes a balance of masculine and feminine. Women aren't special. Men aren't special. We are what we decide to be, good or bad. Being born to a certain race,gender or whatever does not make you special.You have to get out there and do something, make a difference,help people and the world to be a better place, then maybe you have a right to feel special.
For a long time,men felt special simply because they were born men,and felt that this gave them special rights. Same with the nobility,they felt that they were special simply by birth.Any fool can see this is false. We are all equally important,and equally necessary on this earth. Maybe we'd be better off not putting so much emphasis on differences,labelling everything as masculine and feminine.
If we all just use common sense,and look around us at the world and how it works, we don't need prophecy and religion to"guide" us or make us feel special. I realize that's never happened yet, on a large scale anyway, but hopefully some day.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker
reply to post by 5pooky

This prophecy in itself may be true in general, however, I am a man, and I am very spiritual. I raise my kids with great spirit, and am very honorable and proud. I agree that women should start taking lead, however, there are men like myself out there who are not your so-called labeled "sick" or "greedy, with no spirit".

i don't believe anyone ever said you were any of those on a personal level so why should you feel as though they are?

Native American or not, she has done nothing but label man as a whole, and I find that repulsive. I am a healer and visionary, and have seen many things these "prophi-seers" have not. I see visions on a daily basis of things that these native americans have yet to see.

she has done nothing of the sort, although you have taken it that way for some unknown reason. you claim to be spiritual, a healer and reverend in your ways yet you come to the thread on the offensive, perhaps you should take a look in the mirror and find out why you would feel this way.

Race has nothing to do with your ability to be spiritual or to see what is to come. It is the individual.

again you've added things never said or intended in this old prophecy and i'm again unsure why the hostility.

whenever i speak with anyone claiming to be a healer and very spiritual and prophetic while at the same time saying they are better than others for it, i tend to walk away from them, very fast actually.

this prophecy is not meant to put men down and certainly not to insinuate all men are anything. just to show how, as a whole society, we have gone astray and are out of balance with each other and the earth.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnysixguns

Originally posted by IAmD1

Look at little boys - they are much more focused on one thing at a time, slower to take in and learn new things, not so verbal as little girls, but they are physically not afraid to explore things, full of kinetic energy needing to get out through physical activities, very much action based, defensive of what is theirs. Boys emotional range is very black or white. Happy or angry/upset. A weak boy feels unable to express physically, goes off to himself, and lashes out at anyone who comes near. He seeks solitude as a response to feeling un empowered weak.

Little girls want to learn everything about communication, interaction, quick to learn how to speak and interact, impulsive and very much emotional rainbows with a range of emotions and equal amount of expression for these.
A weak girl feels unempowered, unable to express her love/nurture, unable to express verbally and let other peoples opinion steer her preferences. She seeks acceptance from the group as a response to feeling un empowered.

So the feminine in each and every one of us is what tries to be accepted by following the group whether it goes against our core believes or not and the masculine in us is what feels the resolution to the conflict is to be physically agressive toward those who threaten us.

edit on 8/7/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

I agree with the overall message of the prophecy, but could you please cite a reference to what I have quoted from you?

I believe aspects of anything have to be able to have ground in proof, but what is quoted goes into realms of child psychology that there is no basis for. Therefore, it detracts from the overall theme.

I wonder why I need to quote sources, I am not claiming that scientists say....I am simply stating my own opinions, beliefs, feelings and observations in relation to the prophesy. You may agree, disagree, research further, make your own observations, ignore it or what you feel is best done with my view of the world in relation to the prophesy.

I apologize if I was not clear about it being imo... I usually do as I share my thoughts not with intent to tell anyone how to think but rather just to share a way to view the topic. I will not quote sources because this is not a discussion on child psychology, it's a discussion about feminine and masculine principles in relation to a prophecy where my observations are just that.... no more no less. I hope that clarify's to you my stance and reason for sharing

much love

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Keepers of the Western Door

Me too...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
thank you for the op
star and flag

we need to hear the wisdom entrusted to the people,
it needs to be shared now and to all,

we all feel like we could be doing better,

the ancient Egyptians believed in the sacred masculine and the sacred famine had to be in balance.

we can achieve that balance only when we realise we are all equal,
but all are different, and by celebrating difference as diversity

we celebrate not hate

xploder

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I find it bizarre that people personify the Earth.

So let me get this straight, I am suppose to believe that a huge rock is feminine, despite it's clear neutral qualities, and then I am suppose to believe that this neutral rock can "scream", and cause asteroids to leave their current orbits and just head straight for Earth?

And somehow this meteor shower will "cleanse" the Earth?

So mass destruction/death = Good?

Sounds pretty pessimistic to me.
And highly unrealistic.

Oh, and incredibly sexist as well. Claiming that women are the only ones who know "the path", and that they were suppressed because they told men they were straying from it?

Look I have no problem criticizing Christians or Islam for it's prejudice and judgmental errors.
So I will also have no problem criticizing these superstitions either. That's what they are after all...mere superstitions based on prejudice...

I hope it is ok if i chime in with some thought provokers for you?

Yes you are supposed to see the correlation between our earth and what we term feminine qualities. Metaphorically speaking.

Yes the earth has at the very least magnetic fields, iron deposits, crystal structures that makes this so called neutral rock less than silent and also it has at least the means to affect heavenly bodies the same as any other rock out there by the same science.

Any shower is cleansing don't you think?

Mass destruction is good say when you use antiseptic to kill all harmful bacteria in or near a wound right? So sometimes it is sometimes maybe not so much.

Sounds pessimistic coming from the point of view of bacteria, not so much from the point of view of your health.

The claim is most likely less to do with women in general and more to do with the qualities that are considered as feminine. Women and men possess these qualities, nothing sexists about it. Besides what is sexist about saying heal women so they can heal men? It seems to me everyone is of equal value or it would say heal the women so they can get rid of all men, right?

I am by no means trying to argue, just wanted to add another view point.... maybe it sparks something maybe it does not.

Much love

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deometer

Indeed. Very nicely put

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

I think more flags than comments really just means that people appreciated what they read but didn't feel the need to add anything or argue. It seems most of the heavily-commented threads are the really poor posts, because everybody shows up to question/berate the poster.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

How does this sound. "I am a healer and a white man capable of miraculous things."

If you are spiritual, then be spiritual, your heritage has nothing to do with it is my point

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The star people are a little late?

Dream on.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Text"I will speak to you now of another prophecy. In the next decade, the Star People that you call meteorites will come to this earth in answer to the Mother’s call for help. You see, we are all relations. So the Star People are beings, and they are the planets, and the other bodies in the heavens as well.

I think the " Star people " may be solar flares rather than meteorites.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

How does this sound. "I am a healer and a white man capable of miraculous things."

If you are spiritual, then be spiritual, your heritage has nothing to do with it is my point

sounds like an advertisement. one thing i have found over the years is this, real healers don't say they're healers they never call themselves that, although others may.

i'm not now nor ever did i doubt you are a decent human being, but a little humility sure goes a long way.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5pooky

Keepers of the Western Door

Me too...

people of the great stone mountain my friend.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

sounds like an advertisement. one thing i have found over the years is this, real healers don't say they're healers they never call themselves that, although others may.

i'm not now nor ever did i doubt you are a decent human being, but a little humility sure goes a long way.

Oh, I am a healer my friend. Full-spectrum. I have helped many people in my community

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

good for you, keep walking a good road my friend.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My grandma used to say, that men have to go to war every now and then to feel 'manly' about themselves, get rid of extra stress and find purpose in life. And as much as I'd hate to say this, she has a point.

She wasn't labeling all men though, she was making an observation about the nature of men in general.

When you consider how history has changed the 'beast' over the course of many years, you'd understand that it happened over such a short amount of time that well, the beast hasn't really had much time to evolve with it. The instinctual stuff is still there: to protect, to fight to breed etc. Whereas we as humanity, have flash developed so fast that our genes haven't had much time to cope with it. Men have truly lost what it means to be a man. They are now cooped up in cities, in smaller territories, raising kids and dealing with women drama. Whereas before, they had a chance to be noble, no one would question a man's decision and women listened to their men more. Basically what I'm trying to say is, both of the sexes knew their place. Women were respected, and men were noble. Now women have become trash, and men have become scumbags. (At least mostly in the cities) Women question their roles now, they question their own instincts and their own natures. As if trying to change what has developed over thousands of years and replacing it with what is known as 'civilized society' is going to make things better. Honestly, I think they make things worse. And this coming from a Muslim woman at that.

When my husband makes a decision, I try not to argue with it, unless its completely and utterly stupid, which rarely happens. Its his manly right to have dominion over his house, and it is my womanly right to make sure things are going smoothly. I smooth things, and he builds them.

But enough about me, I see where your granny was coming with her prophecy. The interesting bit is, the part about the climates changing is also present in Islamic texts. I'm copying this as it is mentioned from a hadith (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad): "the Hour will not come until the land of Arabia will be back meadows and rivers.”

I find the correlation striking. Don't you?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by nusnus

Most of what you said is sexist garbage. Not all women want to take the back seat and be told what to do in a relationship with a man and not all men are itching to go off to war. This is clearly some archiac tribal way of thinking. We are not hunter gatherers anymore, get over it. But I guess I shouldnt be surprised, Muslim women are trained to be oppressed and have thier lives run by men.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

God I know I shouldn't be replying to you, because obviously you lack sense and sensibility, however, just because someone says something doesn't mean you should jump to conclusions about the way they run their lives eh?

Yes ofcourse my husband will take the front seat, he's been given that responsibility, while I'm comfortable sitting in the back making sure he takes my warnings seriously. However this doesn't mean he literally runs my life, we both run each others lives, but with respect towards what each is meant to be doing. Respect entails respect to the nature of the man, and the nature of the woman. It goes both ways. I was such a talkative controlling woman before I met him, at which point we learned to make compromises with each other and not fill each other's lives with useless garbage like: oh I'm right!! I should be making the leading decisions!! I am a woman!!!! waaaaaa (enter more drama)

And ofcourse not all women like to take the back seat, there are some pretty controlling women out there who either 1. they find a wuss of a man who will follow them
2. they live happily ever after...ALONE (or worse yet, run from relationship to another because why? the man apparently doesn't understand them.) Do they bother about whether THEY understand the man? nope.

As for the men, yes, they've become wusses and not all will go to war, but a man will get up and beat the crap out of you if you push him into a corner, and thats why they love watching those action/fighting movies. Poor things can't do them anymore in real life thats why.

edit on 8-7-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Too many Stories like this to ignore the great changes that are heading humanities way.
It seems to me that there is at least one similar story in each culture. As if we all are to have been given proper warning before hand.

As a city dweller, with a very close almost "family" of fellow artists, I have no intention to move to higher ground.
Unless of course it is the only choice left for all of us, and by then I fear it could be too late.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

It is the males who start, and prosecute the wars, and it is the males that run the Military Industrial Complex. Tell me you see a balance in our government. No, I don't think that.

Why do you insist on blaming all of humanities problems on the Penis.

And claim that all problems can be solved with the Vagina?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join