It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Seneca Indian Prophecy (Including Star People)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ninepointfive

the balance of feminine and masculine energy has absolutly nothing to do with human kind in society in the previous century to present day.. other then the fact that society has RIPPED apart both essence of energy (F-M) .. so your post is a little "out there"

Society does not favour either energy.. it is built and structured to destroy BOTH energies which it has done. You are obviously one off-balanced character to even think like that.

A real man knows his woman and always puts his family before himself.. a real woman takes care of her man and family, nurtures and heals, loves and embraces every day. Today we would call this a "perfect family" .. when in fact it should be the natural everyday family..

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

This reminds me of a book I just read called "Diary of an Original Soul: Shaman Assisted, Creator Approved"

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PaJoe52

Sounds like a good book. I have not read but may add it to my list. Thank you.

Jiskeh (Ghost)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

I don't think women or men at the moment, as a whole, can really ever turn this around. On an individual level, sure. There are many good people. Society is going to fail before anything changes, though.

This is what I don't like about the prophecy, and following comments: It places women above men. It doesn't say that men need to do any of the work, but at the very core of the prophecy hold women above men. That the women are responsible for saving men.

Why do women need to save men? We need to save each other. If women are supposed to be the saviors, then why are all the great women at this time passive, while the men are left to suffer? I am largely stating this as a function of the society in general, the way women and men are treated in criminal and family court, and not to mention popular culture.

Society as a whole? Well, there's not much hope. I guess we should all wait for women instead of men to bring equality - while I'll sit here as an ineffective male twiddling my thumbs.
edit on 8-7-2012 by ninepointfive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by tinker9917

"The animals and plants will become confused."

I kinda see this happening now.

Two days ago I had a day lily bloom. These plants bloom in spring time and here it is over 100 degrees F. Even stranger, I've had these plants for about 10 years and this is the first time it ever bloomed.

I'm not sure how to digest the OP but I do notice that the trees in front of my home look like they should in late September - most of the leaves are on the ground/grass and dying and in need of raking. This is something that just last year we didn't do until October. I'm not talking a few leaves I'm talking about 70 % of what should still be on these trees. The entire line of trees is like this so unless they all "caught" the exact same tree disease at the exact same time, I am at a loss to 'splain what's going on with the trees.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

more flags then comments means that too many average minds on ats looked at this post and couldnt admit the truth in its wisdom.

Not true, I wasn't going to reply, nothing much more to add really, the OP said it all, you will notice that most of the woman and some male members already know about this, most of us have been shown it through meditation and visions.

I'm guessing everyone who stared and flagged it who didn't reply did what I did, sat in silence and sadness nodding our heads up and down in agreement and then turning our heads from side to side in the horror of watching animals and people in a sad and suffering time.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

When and where did the prophecy originate?
How far back is is supposed to have come from?
Who started it? Curious. thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Just wondering if a real man is supposed to put his family above himself, while taxes take 1/3rd of his income, the mom takes 1/3rd of the other for maintenance, alimony, and child support, and the man is left with the last third to make rent in a #ty apartment and not have food that's fit for consumption of a healthy individual?

all the while mom exists off of food stamps, has housing support, travel allowance, and accepting income the man is forced to pay to her for the, "privilege" of being able to see his daughter only one day per week as ordered by the courts.

How is that being a real man? Is this not a man but a slave? How is this anything near a family.

This is society as perpetuated by women and men at the moment. How about we talk about what it takes to be a real woman?

I'd say everyone is also different, and we don't know one another, so don't judge me.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I find it bizarre that people personify the Earth.

So let me get this straight, I am suppose to believe that a huge rock is feminine, despite it's clear neutral qualities, and then I am suppose to believe that this neutral rock can "scream", and cause asteroids to leave their current orbits and just head straight for Earth?

And somehow this meteor shower will "cleanse" the Earth?

So mass destruction/death = Good?

Sounds pretty pessimistic to me.
And highly unrealistic.

Oh, and incredibly sexist as well. Claiming that women are the only ones who know "the path", and that they were suppressed because they told men they were straying from it?

Look I have no problem criticizing Christians or Islam for it's prejudice and judgmental errors.
So I will also have no problem criticizing these superstitions either. That's what they are after all...mere superstitions based on prejudice...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Why do people treat Native Americans like this?

People are more than willing to spread the mysticism and delve into it...
But yet I see no one supporting Native Americans politically.

The Bureau of Indian Affairs still goes around suppressing and oppressing the natives, preventing them from ever truly declaring freedom from the federal govt. Everyone ignores this aspect for some reason.

See most native tribes have land that is 100% theirs according to treaty and international law. We are not upholding our end of the bargain, clearly.

People think voting in a black guy is the big new thing for America, but when will people vote in a native who actually has more birthright to this nation than we the European/African/Asian have?

All of this focus on native mysticism is a conspiracy almost, like a decoy to lead us off track. They would like us to stay focused on religious fantasies while the federal government steamrolls their communities and forces them to be compliant under federal law even though they technically have their own sovereign nations according to the documentation on the book.
edit on 8-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

This prophecy in itself may be true in general, however, I am a man, and I am very spiritual. I raise my kids with great spirit, and am very honorable and proud. I agree that women should start taking lead, however, there are men like myself out there who are not your so-called labeled "sick" or "greedy, with no spirit".

Native American or not, she has done nothing but label man as a whole, and I find that repulsive. I am a healer and visionary, and have seen many things these "prophi-seers" have not. I see visions on a daily basis of things that these native americans have yet to see.

Race has nothing to do with your ability to be spiritual or to see what is to come. It is the individual.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

This. 1000x this.

One of the problems in our culture is that we think of everything in an absolutist, literal sense. We've lost the ability to think metaphorically. In many myths, one of the main functions (and illustrations) of the hero's journey was the ability of the hero to integrate both the masculine and feminine principles into a balanced whole.

In modern times, we've shunned, stomped on, belittled, and suppressed the feminine/receptive/intuitive/transrational/emotional principle in heavy favor of the masculine/egotistical/heavy-handed/rational/intellectual principal. The sign of a healthy individual is one who not only recognizes the legitimacy of both aspects, but realizes that neither is necessarily superior (or inferior) to the other and both are aspects of the same whole (exemplified by the Taoist yin-yang symbol). You simply cannot have one without the other. Not only explicitly (the male and female sex), but implicitly (the intraindividual masculine/feminine principles).

(As a quick aside, females who have achieved high positions of power can easily be overly dominated with masculine principles as well - Margaret Thatcher being a prime example)

Our imbalance is best exemplified in the notion that we are somehow separate from Nature. Not only that, but that Nature is stupid, blind, and mechanistic. This couldn't be further from the truth. We are not at all separate from Nature, we are part of Nature. I think it's better said that we are an expression of Nature. Like an apple tree "apples," the Earth "peoples." We are something the whole of Nature is doing like a wave is something the whole ocean is doing. And the knowledge of this connection is the beginning of an embrace of the feminine.

I say beginning, because mere "knowledge" isn't necessarily full understanding. It's still somewhat stuck in the masculine/intellectual/theoretical realm. The persuasion lies in the "feeling" of this connection (which most people never truly experience). This can happen spontaneously. Often times, in a beautiful and harmonious setting. It can also be cultivated through various methods. The original "purpose" of meditation was to get in touch with reality as is in the moment, rather than reality as we talk about it, think about it, and describe it. Unfortunately, meditation has been reduced to some brain-wave measuring, neurological cultivating, "intelligence" increasing mechanism needing some future measurable goal in order to be considered "legitimate" by Western science/sensibilities.

Another method that evokes an apprehension of our inseparability is through organic/permaculture/regenerative/biodynamic/agroecological gardening and/or farming. There's something undeniable about our connection when we get in contact with the soil, observe the web of life that promotes plant growth (including pollinators and natural fertilizers like herbivores), and see seed grow to maturity and end up being sustenance that sustains and grows our bodies ("flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone").

Various shamanic practices, rituals, and ceremonies are also performed to honor and invoke the feminine connection.

Most of these methods are marked by what is commonly called "mystical experience." An experience that is boundless, unfathomable, and ineffable; experience itself. To quote pioneering consciousness researcher Stanislov Grof:

"Verbal communication and the symbolic structure of our everyday language seem to be a ridiculously inadequate means to capture and convey its nature and quality. This principle is totally and clearly beyond rational comprehension and yet even short experiential exposure to it satisfies the subject's intellectual, philosophical, and spiritual craving."

The key, it would seem, is the "experiential exposure" of this deep connection/inseparability.

That being said, it doesn't mean an outward recognition of the feminine is not in order. We should not only recognize and legitimize the feminine, but outwardly celebrate the hell out of it.
edit on 8-7-2012 by deometer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I believe early/mid 1900s is when the Lakota Indian "Pipe Carrier" told of this prophecy from his grandmother who was a Seneca Indian (which is what I am decended from...Seneca)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
IMO we will be going into the feminine cycle
very soon. If you look at the changes our idiot world
leaders are scrambling to make....i think they know it too.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
IMO we will be going into the feminine cycle
very soon. If you look at the changes our idiot world
leaders are scrambling to make....i think they know it too.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

I am a 42 year old male. Married 21 years, father of 3 and 6 year Army veteran.
My Seneca name is Jiske-h (Ghost)
edit on 8-7-2012 by 5pooky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

"The animals and plants will become confused. The animals will think it is spring in the winter,and the cherries will come to blossom, and die in the frost. And in the summer,the winds will come from the North and the blanket of purity will fall and the fruit will die. And the animals that you raise will not be able to graze...These are the changes the Mother will warn us with.

Our magnolia tree started to blossom in January this year. The flowers died in the frost, so we ended up with no magnolia flowers this year.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My wife talks about this all the time , I agree with you %100!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
what kind of women
witches like hillary

+

reply to post by 5pooky

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I agree with your post but I'm jaded and pessimistic about the future, I sometimes feel that humanity will wipe itself out because we didn't listen to earth soon enough.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join